New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by aajgb View Post
    For rough roads & off-road use, I'll go for the Everest due to it's no nonsense 4 wheel drive, limited slip differential, and rear leaf spring suspension. I don't advise using the Montero for off-road use due to its 'how siao' 4 wheel drive.

But for city use, with it's occasional humps, the rear coil spring suspension of the Montero helps a lot in making it a better ride.
    Sir hindi "how siao" ang 4WD system ng MS. It is the same with the Pajero/Strada and proven na yan sa Dakar rally. It is the first to offer shift-on-the-fly 4WD system up to 100km/h and vice-versa which was revolutionary at that time.

"Super Select 4WD (SS4) [known as ActivTrak 4WD in some markets] and multimode ABS, which were firsts on Japanese four wheel drives. SS4 was ground-breaking in the sense that it combined the advantages of part time and fulltime four wheel drive with four available options: 2H (high range rear wheel drive), 4H (high range fulltime four wheel drive), 4HLc (high range four wheel drive with locked center differential and 4LLc (low range four wheel drive with locked center differential). Another advantage of this second generation system is that it gave the driver the ability to switch between two wheel drive and fulltime four wheel drive at speeds up to 100 km/h (62 mph)" - from wikipedia
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by leinmark19 View Post
    guys pls help me... im confused which of the two im goin to buy. ive just test drive both, na disappoint lang ako with everest na matagtag sya.

Thanks!e
    Kung dissapointed ka eh di dun ka na sa di ka dinisappoint (Montero). Kaso nakakadisappoint lang din talaga yung rear ng montero sport eh. Mukhang kilay.

Pero ako honestly Montero ako mas value for money.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by alterrared18 View Post
    Paliguy-liguy ka pa!
    ISUZU ALTERRA/D-MAX.(period)
    Montero over this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Ford Everest vs. Montero Sport