New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    guys pls help me... im confused which of the two im goin to buy. ive just test drive both, na disappoint lang ako with everest na matagtag sya.

Thanks!e

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    If budget is not a problem, I'd go for the Montero. But there are still Mitsu dealers still trying to use stock shortage (real or staged) to squeeze potential customers so be wary of whom you buy from.

Everest has a very truck like driving experience that is exagerrated by the long hood and seating position. Having an umbrella type parking brakes does conjure memories of the venerable L300 versa van. The ridiculous buldge (the spare tire case) makes a difficult vehicle even more cumbersome and a handful in tight spaces.

But I did notice that Everest has thicker and more solid metal body sheet. And for a 4x2, it is the only one in the market to have LSD.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Re: 2nd row seats
    Everest - It has the longest legroom in it's class, but it is comfortable for short passengers whose height are about 4.5 ft or less because floor is not low enough to accommodate long legs.
    Montero - It has less legroom, but due to a lower floor, even passengers who are 5.5 ft tall can sit comfortably.

Re: looks
    Everest - conservative, very presentable at family & church gatherings, & other 'decent' stuff.
    Montero - looks great even in motels, massage parlors, ktvs etc, a great way to pick up members of the opposite ***.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by number001 View Post
    If budget is not a problem, I'd go for the Montero. But there are still Mitsu dealers still trying to use stock shortage (real or staged) to squeeze potential customers so be wary of whom you buy from.

Everest has a very truck like driving experience that is exagerrated by the long hood and seating position. Having an umbrella type parking brakes does conjure memories of the venerable L300 versa van. The ridiculous buldge (the spare tire case) makes a difficult vehicle even more cumbersome and a handful in tight spaces.

But I did notice that Everest has thicker and more solid metal body sheet. And for a 4x2, it is the only one in the market to have LSD.
    The 4x2 has back-up sensors (optional) that make up for the spare-tire thing.

The Everest steers better, has more power, and is possibly more capable off-road.

The Montero rides much better, though... much, much better.

Interior quality between the two, I'd give it to the Everest, but the Montero's seats are better.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    everest kana..mas maluwag sa 3rd row, ito pinag basehan namin nung pinipili palang namin ang eve vs monte..so in the end winning blue everest ang nakuha namin 4x2 AT.

personally though i'd go with sta fe. (ayaw ng tatay ko ang looks buset!!)

6. Join Date
    Nov 2004
    For rough roads & off-road use, I'll go for the Everest due to it's no nonsense 4 wheel drive, limited slip differential, and rear leaf spring suspension. I don't advise using the Montero for off-road use due to its 'how siao' 4 wheel drive.

But for city use, with it's occasional humps, the rear coil spring suspension of the Montero helps a lot in making it a better ride.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Likes the 2010 Ford Everest engine specification and interior features.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2004
    If your kids are 8 years old & below, the Everest is a great choice.
    According to my kids: Parang may playground sa likod.

If your kids are 13 years old & above, the Montero is a better choice.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    montero ang gusto kong suv, ewan ko bat eve ang nabili ko...

10. Join Date
    May 2010
    It's EVEREST anyday.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Ford Everest vs. Montero Sport