New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    1991 Mitsubishi Lancer GSR - knee deep flood along ADB Avenue coming from open lot parking near Poveda. Brakes faded a little afterwards. Was worried since I changed to low profile 15" mags at that time. No damage to the engine or to the cabin.

1992 Mazda B2200 - knee to waist deep flooding in San Juan, coming from Santolan, headed towards Sta. Mesa. Kept on going. No water entered the cabin. What got me concerned was that I was sporting the original 15" rims with narrow tires.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    265x70 R16 tires, lampas lang kunti sa ganyang gulong, Pajero Gen 2.

245x70 R16 tires, pantay sa gulong nang Strada 2007model.

yan pa lang nasubukan ko na medyo malalim.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i dont know if this is applicable..... but the only time i waded in deep flood was more than 10 years ago using my 1991 Lancer Singkit GL na carb. Place was Buendia. Alam naman natin kung gano kalalim ang tubig dun (in front of Grepalife Bldg).

i think naisugod ko pa yung baha in almost knee deep floods. yung tubig eh almost hood level na and pumapasok na yung tubig sa loob. managed to get home although medyo wala akong brakes for more than 2 kms. only had to travel around 40 kph sa osmena that time.

walang naging damage sa engine.... pero after a week or so, naglagutukan lahat ng joints (bushings, tie-rods, ball joints and cv.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    sa honda esi ko nung ondoy hanggang hita pero hindi namatay ung makina.pinasok ung loob hanggang sa ilalim ng upuan ayos parin..all stock ang esi ko..

tapos sa honda vti ko ngayon nung nakaraang habagat sa paranyake lampas sa tuhod hindi rin tumirik..all stock
    pasok din sa loob ang tubig hanggang sa upuan din

5. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    after wading in the flood, what are the things that you checked and did to your vehicle?

6. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Toyota avanza - knee deep in mandaluyong. Buhay pa rin hanggang ngayon. No replacements except maintenance parts. Anyone with exp using everest, montero, fort?

7. Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Yung TBZ sa Marietta Romeo Pasig lagpas tambutso ang baha, walang ka-effort effort ang TBZ suuungin ang baha.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Its the reason i decided to get an SUV.

Share ko lang

My bro in law's '2013 jazz survived knee deep flood along Buendia brought by typhoon mario. Even he was surprised. Pati loob hindi pinasok ng tubig.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by beginnerz View Post
    Toyota avanza - knee deep in mandaluyong. Buhay pa rin hanggang ngayon. No replacements except maintenance parts. Anyone with exp using everest, montero, fort?
    Legend has it an Everest was abandoned in a river a few years back during a media drive... they went back after the flood, drained it and started it up and drove it away.

RAV5 (former member here) had both an Everest and a Ranger TDCi (the common rail ones, not the prehistoric W-engined ones)... Ondoy'd. Roof lever for three days. After cleaning, both started up. Only thing is, they were underwater so long the instrument panels wouldn't work, and the electronics in the automatic transmission (the Eve, I think) had to be fixed. But the ECU is almost completely water-tight.

I've seen Rangers ford near hood-deep water, no problem. That's about chest deep on most people. We once got stuck in a riverbed rut during a shoot for a Ford Off-road supplement... water up to the window sills while we were trying to dig out (only the bed was so soft, we started digging in... which was why the water got that high). Took several minutes to get out... we sitting in one place so long water started leaking through the door seals. Only damage was a soggy carpet and my ruined leather sandals. I'm still using those sandals, and that test unit is still doing the media rounds.
    Last edited by niky; September 26th, 2014 at 09:44 AM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    got caught in a flash flood and a traffic jam once along the road between the sm city building and their old elevated car park. i think it was gutter level or a bit higher since i was hearing the flood water sloshing beneath the chassis of my good ole civic vti while we were stationary (which is scarier than when you're fording through liquid hell) and waiting for a chance to zoom-up the parking building ramp.

and then years ago when my sister was still a med student, the suzuki fronte she drove was inundated and was totally submerged by rising flood waters in sta mesa. pagkatpos nun, pinatuyo lang daw at replace fluids andar nanaman daw

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Flood wading capability will again be one of the criteria for many car buyers, now th