New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Was in the same boat a couple of months ago, looking for a subcompact sedan. I really liked the Hyundai Accent diesel, but the one that cost less than 800k was really bare and does not have much safety features. Then I realized the Accent is already 6-years old, which means, a new model is due to be out soon. So this got scratched out from the list.

The Vios has the best looking interior among my choices(Ciaz, Mazda 2 and City), but I am concerned with the fuel economy. My parents own the current gen Vios 1.3 E and it isn't exactly thrifty. The car coupled with a manual transmission does not feel that responsive, so I can't imagine what more if it's on an automatic transmission.

So that left me with the Ciaz, Mazda 2 and the City. In the end I chose the City. I opened a thread here I think back in April.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    To complicate things further for the TS, if you can still wait a bit more, why not wait for the Mazda Skyactive diesel engined sedan coming maybe on 2017. I am not sure if Mitsubishi will join the diesel fray too. Hyundai is also coming out with a facelifted version of the Accent by 2017.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    curveballs...
    get a slightly used innova diesel. it's in the same price ballpark.... it hasn't been among the sellingest vehicles in the past decade for nothing.
    then there's the new suzuki ciaz. larger passenger space inside.. showroom experience.

i ... tend to brood before i buy a car.. the last time, i thought over it for 1 year, until i bought one. and it wasn't even the one i brooded over. the one i got just happened to be displayed beside my choice model, and going for half the price.

choices.... choices...
    Last edited by dr. d; June 18th, 2016 at 11:39 AM.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    If the prospective buyer waits and waits, hindi na siya makakabili ng bagong kotse niyan. There's always something newer and better in the horizon, you just have to set a limit to how long you can wait.

The only thing coming out in the next month is the new Vios CVT with a Dual VVTi engine.

There'll be a new Accent by next year, but are you willing to wait that long without a car?

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Dec 2015
    TS: How about Hyundai elantra? :D

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    if a new accent is coming out next year then i'd wait till november/december when the dealerships are getting rid of their old inventory. big discounts, lots of freebies it does not mater if you got the old model, new is new.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2016
    applied thru bank financing got approved on the accent, agent giving me vKool oem series tint is that good? I don't know about tints anyway I'm will probably get the unit on Friday also heard about the new accent on 2017 I can't wait that long hirap na ko sa commute.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinXYX View Post
    applied thru bank financing got approved on the accent, agent giving me vKool oem series tint is that good? I don't know about tints anyway I'm will probably get the unit on Friday also heard about the new accent on 2017 I can't wait that long hirap na ko sa commute.
    bank financing thru the casa or direct ka na pumunta sa bank?

hingi ka pa ng additional freebies sir. floormats and seat covers are standard. pa-add ka ng window rain visors and a full tank of diesel perhaps. sagadin mo na free 1st 5000km pm na din hehehe! sabihin mo sa SA alam mo na outgoing model na kaya dapat madami free na kasama.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Do not wait for a newer model to come.. You'll end up buying nothing...

If you have the cash... And love the car... Go for it...

10. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Curious lang, anong transmission balak? Manual? A/T?

Reading the thread, I agree with everyone na mas okay ang diesel pag highway driving. Sir jut703 tackled this in his post, and I just want to reiterate that the interior should also be another factor to be considered. Did you test drive the Vios and the Accent before putting down money? On paper yes sobrang ganda ng makina ng Accent. Pero pag upo mo sa loob baka magbago isip mo. Performance is one thing but imo it should not compromise comfort (ex. NVH) and entertainment (ex. a good audio system) too much. Test drive them!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast