New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by San siro View Post
    With 1m budget and you want more room than a sedan, I think Innova is the best deal.
    It still depends on the person's lifestyle. Let us wait for him to reply.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Purpose of the car, daily commute to and from work. It will also be used regularly for groceries and items for the small store I have. Now and then bring the family (around 4 to 5, with kids) to somewhere farther than where we normally go.

Budget: Around 1M, but with financing.

Personal preferences: Gusto ko nung medyo with the times ang hitsura. I know it will eventually fall out of fashion pero better later than now. :D

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by carn00b View Post
    Purpose of the car, daily commute to and from work. It will also be used regularly for groceries and items for the small store I have. Now and then bring the family (around 4 to 5, with kids) to somewhere farther than where we normally go.

Budget: Around 1M, but with financing.

Personal preferences: Gusto ko nung medyo with the times ang hitsura. I know it will eventually fall out of fashion pero better later than now. :D
    first choice would be the innova. kasyang kasya kayo dyan.
    second choice would be the tucson. although hindi masyadong roomy sa loob.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I'd get the Innova because I'm a Toyota fan. I don't mind that it's common.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    From GH's list:

1. Hyundai Tucson A/T - 988,000
    - gasoline model... not bad... ride not as refined as, say, the Escape. Seating space is actually pretty decent, but cargo space is lacking for a crossover.

2. Mitsubishi Fuzion A/T - 950,000
    - sluggish performance given the size of the engine and the poor fuel economy. Good ride, good space. Most people don't give it a second look, but you should definitely give it a test drive.

3. Toyota Innova gas A/T - 978,000
    - Spacious, but the third row legroom is crap, the interior is rattly and the ride is pretty stiff over rough roads. Pretty good as an in-city commuter, but tiring on long trips due to the ride. (same can be said of all AUVs, my Crosswind is worse) That said, I actually like it... very good value for money.

3. Toyota Innova diesel A/T - 1,033,000
    - Same... except diesel... 2.5 D4D not as peppy as some other CRDis, but more than good enough. Fuel economy pretty good.

4. Mitsubishi Adventure Sport GLS - 708,000
    - Outdated. Limited headroom in third row compared to the Crosswind... but it rides and handles better than one. Not as good as an Innova.

5. Ford Escape - 1,050,000
    - With the current engine and suspension, this is actually a very very nice car. Smooth performance, comfortable ride (better than our CR-V's and the Tucson) and commendable handling. Interior space is okay, but rear seat can be tight for some (you have to test it yourself to see if it suits your family) but the cargo space is good... fuel economy better than the old model, but it's still a gasoline crossover with a big engine, so don't expect much.

-

1. Honda City A/T - 756,000
    - Decent economy, great transmission, terrific space. Shame about the seats. Typically Honda hard. If none of you are over 40 or overweight... no problem with the seats... but if you like the car otherwise, you can always buy padded seatcovers.

2. Honda Civic A/T - 898,000
    - More space than the City. Terrific engine-transmission combination, and fuel economy is pretty good considering the power (not as good as the City). Handling also top-notch. Great looks, futuristic interior and very good rear seat space. Downsides are the hard seats (the lower-back support on the front seats is downright painful on trips of longer than an hour) and stiff ride. Honestly, the Focus and Mazda3 give the same level of handling performance without the backbreaking thumping over potholes.

3. Toyota Altis A/T - 869,000
    - Very comfortable... soft suspension, soft seats. Very relaxing to drive. Until you actually have to turn... or brake... Interior plastics not as good as previous Corollas, and nowhere near as good as Civic's. Rear seat kind of small compared to Civic.

4. Toyota Vios A/T - 795,000
    - Hate the interior and seats. But it's economical and peppy and the ride is decent. Lots of interior space.

5. Mitsubishi Lancer A/T - 745,000 (old model)
    - It's old. Wider than the Vios and City, but the lack of headroom and legroom betray its age. Rides nicely and goes well, but if you're considering this, though, might as well add the Nissan Sentra to your list, as it's slightly bigger and is cheaper, to boot.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Yup Toyota Innova would be a good choice

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    From GH's list:
    er... not really my list. I just placed the prices on the list of the thread starter's choice vehicles that come in A/T.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Toyota Innova - my concern is if you use this as your daily commute to work, it might be burning more fuel than you need to. But the big interior is a plus if you use it to deliver stuff or bring your family out of town.

Toyota Vios - a better choice (1.5L A/T) for the daily commute or even the occasional out of town trip. But the more limited interior space might be a problem if you tend to bring a grocery store's worth of goods (but you can use both the trunk and car's interior to carry cargo).

9. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Awesome comments. I'll be seriously considering them in my purchase. Keep em coming.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    1. Hyundai Tucson -

> Gasoline model. Fuel Consumption is quite good considering it's size.

2. Mitsubishi Fuzion -

> Seats 7. Has bad fuel consumption ( 4km/l ) and the design of the vehicle itself isn't really catchy.

3. [COLOR=blue ! important][COLOR=blue ! important]Toyota[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    Innova -

> Innova E. Your car really won't blend onto those Innova shuttles since ( I think ) you wont consider the white one.... ALTHOUGH ! White is nice especially if it's fitted with the right accessories.

Seen one, J. Fitted with chrome door handles, side mirror covers ( ? ) and those other panels with grey. Plus a carrier and a spoiler.

4. Mitsubishi Adventure Sport GLS -

> Decent. Cheap. Dependable.

5. Ford Escape -

> Guzzles gas. Fast and still, one of the best choices.

However, if push comes to shove, I have whittled down my sedan choices:
    1. Honda City

> 1.5E ? Sure thing.

2. Honda Civic

> FC -> 8km/l City ; Mixed -> Best i`ve done so far was 11km/l

Fast. But the seats are harsh.

3. Toyota Altis

> City FC I think is 10km/l. Comfy Seats.

4. Toyota Vios

> Small. City's better.

5. Mitsubishi Lancer

> Cheap. But the quality, I`m quite unsure about this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
First Time Car Buyer, Help?