New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by 2 B View Post
    As mentioned before, isn't the Corolla Cross too underspecced compared to it's rivals. I would like the Forester (I'm studying BS Forestry lol) but a brand new one is outside the budget.

Maybe in Oriental Mindoro. But as far as I know there isn't any dealership here. Thanks for the link. I didn't there were Hyundai and Kia dealerships in Calapan. Speaking of Hyundai, is there still a discount on the Santa Fe? Back then the lower variant was being sold around 1.3M I think?
    It would be a good buy if may stock pa sana with that discount.
    But all units are sold out na daw.
    If may bagong stocks, expect it to be priced at SRP with only 200kish discount.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by 2 B View Post
    So my mom finally decides that she wants to buy a car for our family of two. This will be the first car she'll own. The budget is around 1.3M-1.4M through bank load (around 700k downpayment). What would be a good choice?

Here's things to consider:
    -She doesn't like sedans because she says it's too low and/or small.
    -We live in the province so there's no heavy traffic.
    -Something easy to manage would be better since neither my mon or me know that much about cars
    -7-seaters is not that important since there's only two of us in our household

Currently she's eyeing the Ford Territory Titanium. Is that a good choice and what would be a better alternative? Also, what do you guys think about buying 2nd-hand cars at the same price point to get a better, albeit slightly used, vehicle?

Thanks
    I'm also presently looking at the Territory for my wife & daughter, both are first time drivers.

Basically, at 1.4M

The TOTL Rush/Xpander/BR-V/Ertiga etc are cheaper, pero you wont get the safety features ng Territory (sorry, did not add the Coolray as madami pa rin taong di comfortable sa "Geely")

If you get an Entry level diesel A/T naman (Innova/Mu-X) - not only do you loose the "safety features" you also loose the reverse camera!

For me, naiilang din ako sa daming electronics ng Territory, + the turbo

Pero knowing na di naman ako gagamit nung car everyday, feeling ko malaking bagay sa new driver yung 360 camera, emergency braking, lane departure warning and hill launch assist

I'm hoping after 10 years na magsisimulang magloko yung electronics ng Territory, by that time, problem na sya ng next user

3. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Corolla Cross 1.8G kumpleto sa active at passive safety. Wala nga lang advanced driver assist.

Maganda din matuto ang new driver na walang ADAS, para maaga ma-develop ang full concentration sa daan. Baka nakakalito ang warnings at driver intervention ng ADAS plus complex ang electronics nito.

Okay naman ang exeperience ng iba sa ADAS?
    (Hindi pa pala ako nakapagdrive ng sasakyan na may ADAS, hehe.)

4. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    How about the Honda HRV?

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by bloowolf View Post
    How about the Honda HRV?
    The base HRV is around 1.3M while the top end model is 1.5M. It’s a bit pricey for a FWD crossover based off the Jazz.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    First car ba and live in a province? Better get any of the japanese brand pickup. Be it Hilux/Strada/Navara/Dmax. Sigurado may sukli ka pa if you opt for the mid a/t variant.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2019
    IMHO, i like other brands such as the Territory, XV etc.

However, for the other concerns of the would be car owner, i will go for the Toyota Innova. Practicality at its finest.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by dale323 View Post
    First car ba and live in a province? Better get any of the japanese brand pickup. Be it Hilux/Strada/Navara/Dmax. Sigurado may sukli ka pa if you opt for the mid a/t variant.

Dmax pinaka matipid. Almost 40 kpl, or so they say.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by bxr monkey View Post
    Maganda din matuto ang new driver na walang ADAS, para maaga ma-develop ang full concentration sa daan. Baka nakakalito ang warnings at driver intervention ng ADAS plus complex ang electronics nito.
    based on the reviews I've read... pwede naman pataying yung warnings

10. Join Date
    May 2007
    Should be a no brainer, first car and buying bnew and Toyota and Isuzu happens to be the only Jap dealer in island.

Make a list from those two brands and rank them to preference.

Innova 2.8 AT or the cheapest MU-X should be within budget.

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast