New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    XV over Territory for sure. Much better car when it comes to space, drive quality, and overall appeal.

Territory looks tacky to me, although good features for the price.

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk
    +1 on this. For the same price, I’d pick the XV over the Territory. Even with a small premium in price, the XV Eyesight is just loaded with tech and features.

Now, if I have a lower budget, I’d go with the Coolray. It’s just a fun car to drive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    +1 on this. For the same price, I’d pick the XV over the Territory. Even with a small premium in price, the XV Eyesight is just loaded with tech and features.

Now, if I have a lower budget, I’d go with the Coolray. It’s just a fun car to drive.

Layo price ng XV and Territory (1.2M for Territory Trend vs 1.58M for base model XV).

Even with a discount, that's still several hundred thousand more expensive.

That said, personally I would cough up the extra cash for an XV vs Territory.

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    You are having PMS and then a storm hits or rough weather arrives and you are stranded in batangas. Hassle. Doesnt make sense to load your car on the ro-ro just to service it. Remember youre a student and wont have a lot of time to do this. Scheduling your PMS and other fixes around Ro-ro schedules and inclement weather will suck balls.

Get a toyota. Am sure there are local friendly talyer over there who can service it .

Because of the absence of dealers in your area, the wise bet is making your priority :+durability and ease of service. Everything else (size, looks, etc) should be secondary. As you said its just the 2 of you...and you or your mom dont wanna be hassled with maintenance scheduling across the sea. What if your car throws up an error code and you cant drive it to the pier?

With a toyota...you know most anyone worth their salt can fix it.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    Last edited by EQAddict; January 14th, 2021 at 09:42 PM.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict View Post
    You are having PMS and then a storm hits or rough weather arrives and you are stranded in batangas. Hassle. Doesnt make sense to load your car on the ro-ro just to service it. Remember youre a student and wont have a lot of time to do this. Scheduling your PMS and other fixes around Ro-ro schedules and inclement weather will suck balls.

Get a toyota. Am sure there are local friendly talyer over there who can service it .

Because of the absence of dealers in your area, the wise bet is making your priority :+durability and ease of service. Everything else (size, looks, etc) should be secondary. As you said its just the 2 of you...and you or your mom dont wanna be hassled with maintenance scheduling across the sea. What if your car throws up an error code and you cant drive it to the pier?

Ayos naman mag Ro-Ro basta yung Fastcat bro hehehe yun lagi sinasakyan namen.

Pero agree with you, mas convenient and practical pa din talaga to get a Toyota since meron na mismo dealer doon.

Unang gusto ni TS is Teritory, new sa market hindi mo pa alam ano ang issues (if meron man)

Recently dami tinamaan ng airbag recall / fuel pump recall mga newly released units.

Ang mahal siguro ipa tow nung tawid dagat just to get avail claims.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Thanks for the replies. Personally I also like the XV but the price would mean my mom would need convincing, unless there's a pretty hefty discount as mentioned before. Would you say that even the base model is a better car overall than the Territory? I guess the reliability concerns are still unknown since a newly released model.

This does give us something to think about. Although for regular PMS, we would still prefer on going to Batangas than circling the whole of Mindoro to go to Calapan because as mentioned before, we do travel to Manila at least once a month before the pandemic. There's a lot of non-Toyota car owners here (mostly pick-ups and SUVs). Will have to ask our acquaintances on how they handle the lack of dealership for PMS and mechanics specializing in non-Toyota cars.

As for Toyota, would the lower variant of the Corolla Cross be a good recommendation then?

6. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by 2 B View Post
    As for Toyota, would the lower variant of the Corolla Cross be a good recommendation then?
    Yes po. May essential safety features ang base model. Mechanical parts shared sa Corolla sedan.

Maganda nga may local backup ng parts at service support. Lalo sa unexpected cases gaya ng nabanggit ng iba.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by 2 B View Post
    Thanks for the replies. Personally I also like the XV but the price would mean my mom would need convincing, unless there's a pretty hefty discount as mentioned before. Would you say that even the base model is a better car overall than the Territory? I guess the reliability concerns are still unknown since a newly released model.

This does give us something to think about. Although for regular PMS, we would still prefer on going to Batangas than circling the whole of Mindoro to go to Calapan because as mentioned before, we do travel to Manila at least once a month before the pandemic. There's a lot of non-Toyota car owners here (mostly pick-ups and SUVs). Will have to ask our acquaintances on how they handle the lack of dealership for PMS and mechanics specializing in non-Toyota cars.

How about the non-diva Innova?[emoji4]

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    How about the non-diva Innova?[emoji4]

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
    Maganda din Innova. Lalo iyong paparating na facelift.
    https://www.autoindustriya.com/auto-...-ph-launch/amp
    Mas madali din maintainance sa province.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Imagine needing to take a PCR swab test just to go to batangas and do service.

Or finding a hotel (and also needing a PCR test)..because the casa was delayed in fixing your car (had to order spare parts, too many customers, not enough time, etc) and you missed the ro-ro going back.

Do you or your mom have the time and patience for this?

A toyota is the best brand and has the best chances to avoid these. Id go with a Toyota Cross or Innova. As you said there is no traffic in your area and these cars will be a joy to drive over there.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2007

Please listen to EQ. One thing I learned from my parents is if you could, do everything close to home. It's even more important at this time (pandemic)

I am loyal to Toyota because it's so durable/reliable, didn't give me headaches even way past warranty

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast