New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2020
    So my mom finally decides that she wants to buy a car for our family of two. This will be the first car she'll own. The budget is around 1.3M-1.4M through bank load (around 700k downpayment). What would be a good choice?

Here's things to consider:
    -She doesn't like sedans because she says it's too low and/or small.
    -We live in the province so there's no heavy traffic.
    -Something easy to manage would be better since neither my mon or me know that much about cars
    -7-seaters is not that important since there's only two of us in our household

Currently she's eyeing the Ford Territory Titanium. Is that a good choice and what would be a better alternative? Also, what do you guys think about buying 2nd-hand cars at the same price point to get a better, albeit slightly used, vehicle?

Thanks

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Any small crossover or MPV within your price range is a good candidate. Just choose which you like the most. Consider a brand that has easy access to maintenance within your province.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Feb 2020
    There's no dealership in our province here in Mindoro so we would most likely bring it Batangas for PMS. We're leaning more on crossovers than MPVs. Any specific model that would be good? I found a 2nd hand 2018 Honda CR-V 1.6S being sold for 1.35M but my mom is hesitant in buying 2nd hand cars

4. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by 2 B View Post
    There's no dealership in our province here in Mindoro so we would most likely bring it Batangas for PMS. We're leaning more on crossovers than MPVs. Any specific model that would be good? I found a 2nd hand 2018 Honda CR-V 1.6S being sold for 1.35M but my mom is hesitant in buying 2nd hand cars
    Mas okay nga brand new. Hassle mag RORO for PMS.

Ano po car dealers mayroon sa Calapan Mindoro?
    Kung may Toyota, Corolla Cross or Rush.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    If you have the money and you want a Toyota, go for the Cross than the Rush. The Cross is a more refined vehicle than the econobox of a Rush.

However, you have other options like the Coolray or Territory at that price. If you want better ground clearance and AWD, spend a bit more for a Subaru XV or the bigger Forester.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by bxr monkey View Post
    Mas okay nga brand new. Hassle mag RORO for PMS.

Ano po car dealers mayroon sa Calapan Mindoro?
    Kung may Toyota, Corolla Cross or Rush.
    We're in Occidental Mindoro so hassle din mag drive to Calapan. Before the pandemic, we usually go to Manila around once a month either for work or family related stuff (we live in NCR before migrating to the province so our relatives are there) so we would have ample opportunity to cross the sea either for PMS or other things.

Toyota lang meron na dealership sa Calapan. I heard the lower variant of the Corolla Cross is way underspecced compared to it's competitor while the Rush is not that good of a vehicle.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Madani naman dealer sa Mindoro when I did a Google search. Mindoro car dealers - Google Search
    If you are a first time owner & you don’t know much about cars, best to stay away from 2nd hand ones. Decide on whether you want a gas or Diesel engine (depends on usage). You seem to have made up your mind to get a SUV so next is to decide if it’ll be a compact (Vitara), Small (Territory), mid (Fortuner) or large (Land Cruiser). Next will be the Make then the model. A good resource site for a fairly good side by side comparo is autodeal.com. There may be others. Hope this helps.
    Last edited by bloowolf; January 13th, 2021 at 08:53 PM.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    If you have the money and you want a Toyota, go for the Cross than the Rush. The Cross is a more refined vehicle than the econobox of a Rush.

However, you have other options like the Coolray or Territory at that price. If you want better ground clearance and AWD, spend a bit more for a Subaru XV or the bigger Forester.

As mentioned before, isn't the Corolla Cross too underspecced compared to it's rivals. I would like the Forester (I'm studying BS Forestry lol) but a brand new one is outside the budget.

Quote Originally Posted by bloowolf View Post
    Madani naman dealer sa Mindoro when I did a Google search. Mindoro car dealers - Google Search
    If you are a first time owner & you don’t know much about cars, best to stay away from 2nd hand ones. Decide on whether you want a gas or Diesel engine (depends on usage). You seem to have made up your mind to get a SUV so next is to decide if it’ll be a compact (Vitara), Small (Territory), mid (Fortuner) or large (Land Cruiser). Next will be the Make then the model. A good resource site for a fairly good side by side comparo is autodeal.com. There may be others. Hope this helps.

Maybe in Oriental Mindoro. But as far as I know there isn't any dealership here. Thanks for the link. I didn't there were Hyundai and Kia dealerships in Calapan. Speaking of Hyundai, is there still a discount on the Santa Fe? Back then the lower variant was being sold around 1.3M I think?

9. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by 2 B View Post
    As mentioned before, isn't the Corolla Cross too underspecced compared to it's rivals. I would like the Forester (I'm studying BS Forestry lol) but a brand new one is outside the budget.

Maybe in Oriental Mindoro. But as far as I know there isn't any dealership here. Thanks for the link. I didn't there were Hyundai and Kia dealerships in Calapan. Speaking of Hyundai, is there still a discount on the Santa Fe? Back then the lower variant was being sold around 1.3M I think?
    Maybe ages ago, but the Sta. Fe retails above 2M now. Check that link. There are prices posted for every variant.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Not just the Cross but most Toyota vehicles are underspec’d compared to its competitors. Toyota just have market share and presence locally. They can get away with less features because most people will buy them anyway.

The Coolray and Territory offers more than what its price offers. Sadly though, most people still look down on products made in China (even though almost all of the electronics they use are made in China).

Checkout the XV if the Forester is out of your budget. The base model XV is around 1.4M.

Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast