New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by dark_hedge12 View Post
    Nasa 830k+ ata yung almera.
    Okay ba quality ni nissan?

Sabi ni doc mag vios nalang. Okay lang rin sakin vios kaso Vios XE 1.3 cvt will do na ba?

Sent from my Mi 9T using Tapatalk
    yung discounted a few weeks ago nasa 500+k lang ata. may nagsasabi ubos na daw.

Vios 1.5 over 1.3. Pero 1.3 over reina/soluto

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Nasa 830k+ ata yung almera.
    Okay ba quality ni nissan?

Sabi ni doc mag vios nalang. Okay lang rin sakin vios kaso Vios XE 1.3 cvt will do na ba?

a few weeks ago, nissan advertised heavy discounts for their outgoing almera, in preparation for the arriving new almera.
    the prices were so good, i was tempted to buy an almera, myself.
    heh heh.

dark,
    you can peruse reviews on the vios xe cvt car.
    google them, po.
    the online mag "autoindustriya" has a car reviews page.

3. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    some folks are wary of the longer warranties, e.g., 5 years versus 3 years.
    they feel the casa owns you for a longer period of time.
    iba-iba ang thoughts ng car owners about this, 'though.

in my "recent" car purchases, nothing happened to the car within the 3 year warranty period.
    lucky?
    par for the industry?
    For our 2011 Montero, within the warranty period, ito mga pinaayos at no cost because of warranty:
    1) Rusted Fuel Neck (check engine light turned on due to this)
    2) Replacement of AVT Headunit because of software failure to boot properly after 2 years of use only
    3) Replacement of Alarm Controller (alarm too sensitive after 1st year of ownership; adjusting sensitivity didn't do anything at all)
    4) Replacement of Rear Shock Absorber (Hydraulic leak found during PMS)

Other cars, I don't recall any warranty claims to be honest since year 2000 to present within their warranty period. haha!

For 2014 Nissan Sylphy, not really a warranty claim: (2nd CVT owned)
    1) Requested for CVT Firmware Update/Reset at no charge because felt the CVT was not shifting "correctly". Issue resolved after Reset.

NOTE: After the 3 year warranty period, just a few months after, the secondary (Compact) fan in the engine bay failed/went kaput. Caused a major issue where it caused an overheating of electricals (suspected) when stuck in traffic with little to no airflow for 30 mins to 1 hour. I made posts about this in the Sylphy thread. Car would immediately shut off after attempting to start in just a second. Depressing accelerator would have no response. Temp gauge (engine temp) was completely normal during the whole ordeal. After leaving the hood open for an hour, managing to start the car, did not turn on aircon and no longer had engine shut off issue. I specifically turned on AC Compressor but had the AC Fans on and it still didn't shut down anymore. Relayed findings to Nissan NE casa and they caught the culprit as the secondary compact fan (Cost around 18k for the unique compact fan for parts alone). It might have been overheating nearby computer box because fan was not running. Luckily, it was not damaged and the shutting down was it saving itself (most likely) from certain death/damage.

For 2008 Honda City, i-Dsi, similar to above (first CVT ever owned)
    1) After battery replacement, Requested CVT Reset/Update from Honda Casa to err on the safe side because replaced battery and discharged the whole system during this first attempt. before the 3rd year warranty ended. No cost I recall as well.

EDIT: Added note under Nissan Sylphy experience just to add.

4. Join Date
    May 2019
    Almera kotse nung officemate ko.. Tuwang-tuwa ako sa upuan sa likod.. sobrang spacious.. sa height ko kaya i-straight ang legs kapag nasa likod.. [emoji28] kapag matatangkad tingin ko di mahihirapan umupo dun..

5. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by misseksaherada View Post
    Almera kotse nung officemate ko.. Tuwang-tuwa ako sa upuan sa likod.. sobrang spacious.. sa height ko kaya i-straight ang legs kapag nasa likod.. [emoji28] kapag matatangkad tingin ko di mahihirapan umupo dun..
    ano height mo missek?

Sent from my Redmi Note 9 Pro using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    May 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjababez View Post
    ano height mo missek?
    Basta pandak ako Sir Ninja.. [emoji28] Hahaha Depende sa kausap ko minsan kasi nadadagdagan height ko up to 2 inches.. Hahahahahaha [emoji23] honest lang ako sa Physical exam..
    Naku off topic na.. Sorry po [emoji1308][emoji41]

7. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by misseksaherada View Post
    Yung current gen Almera na meron tayo (since di pa launched yung new gen) has the best rear legroom/headroom for subcompact class, even when compared to a compact sedan. Talo pa niya rear legroom ng Sylphy which is best in compact class before (and I think it still is now because the Altis lost rear legroom/headroom compared to previous gen, cant recall Civic, it surely beats Mazda 3 rear legroom/headroom also)

Best in class din yung trunk ng Almera and can compete with a mid size sedan's rear trunk space I recall. But yung new gen model, lumiit onti yung rear legroom/headroom and the trunk (though remains to be seen sa local reviews how it fits asians builds since most ng napanuod ko was for western market).

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by 17Sphynx17 View Post
    For our 2011 Montero, within the warranty period, ito mga pinaayos at no cost because of warranty:
    1) Rusted Fuel Neck (check engine light turned on due to this)
    2) Replacement of AVT Headunit because of software failure to boot properly after 2 years of use only
    3) Replacement of Alarm Controller (alarm too sensitive after 1st year of ownership; adjusting sensitivity didn't do anything at all)
    4) Replacement of Rear Shock Absorber (Hydraulic leak found during PMS)

Other cars, I don't recall any warranty claims to be honest since year 2000 to present within their warranty period. haha!

For 2014 Nissan Sylphy, not really a warranty claim: (2nd CVT owned)
    1) Requested for CVT Firmware Update/Reset at no charge because felt the CVT was not shifting "correctly". Issue resolved after Reset.

For 2008 Honda City, i-Dsi, similar to above (first CVT ever owned)
    1) After battery replacement, Requested CVT Reset/Update from Honda Casa to err on the safe side because replaced battery and discharged the whole system during this first attempt. before the 3rd year warranty ended. No cost I recall as well.
    well,
    it does give the reader an idea of what car not to buy...
    heh heh.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Ang mahal pala ng city 60k dp tapos 21k monthly ammo dun sa agent na nakausap ko

Yung s to ahh. Baka mag soluto or reina nalang ako.

Okay na kaya yan?

10. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Dropped by the dealership for a scheduled service....Look what I found. A lone brand new pre-FL, mid-cycle refreshed, GVC equipped 2 hatch on promo....Just P800k. Nothing much has changed w/ the Facelift....main difference, the newer bumper can't have the plate relocated due to a fused plate backing on the grille. Oh...no iStop![emoji106] Some1 grab this!!!
    Let Khong give you an idea on how the 2 drives...
    2020 Mazda 2 Facelift [Road Test Review]: Now with GVC Plus | YS Khong Driving - YouTube

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
First car: Sub PHP1M - Brand New or Second Hand?