New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    if you have budget contraints, then stick with the vehicles that fit your budget. additionally, go for the 1.3L than 1.6L for practicality (maintenance, gas consumption, etc.). think about getting a vehicle that you WANT than you NEED in the future after your priorities. focus on your MBA first than anything else. besides, i believe that's your priority. good luck on your studies.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by _Qwerty_ View Post
    go for matic..
    i agree esp for new driver. i bought a manual fiesta instead of AT, kasi mukhang mas challenging, more control at mas mura. hehe.. pero lately stressed ako sa edsa pag traffic (ang dami kasing uphill).1 month na ako nagdrive pero tuwing uphill, nagdadasal na lang ako na wag tumigil traffic.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Hahaha typical newbie fear when stopping in a hill... DOn't worry masasanay ka din sa hanging, pero yung sakit sa tuhod di na yan mawawala kaya I still prefer automatics or in the Fiesta the Powershift...

4. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    ot: *lego- i share the same fear as you do, what i do is to rev up to 2000rpm and release the clutch slowly so that my engine won't turned off, i know it burns a little more gas but it works for me

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    i suggest learn manual first. madali lang matutunan matic if you know manual.

pero in reality, mas masarap magmatic. lalo na kung all your life manual na gamit mo. advantage lang ng manual is kung highway and overtaking. maintenance... well its a little more due to ATF but worth it.

battery issue? not really kasi pwede ka naman bili ng jumper cable (keep it in your car) and pay 50 petot sa mga taxi just to jump start the car. other wise, may motolite delivery naman.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Sorry to hijack this thread but...

My girlfriend is in the market for a new car... The Jazz is out of the question because every Jane has one and their family already has a Civic... Her budget is less than 1M.

Any thoughts gurus????

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Hyundai Elantra 1.8GLS perhaps? Very good car for girls due to the curvaceous design.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by docgorio View Post
    Sorry to hijack this thread but...

My girlfriend is in the market for a new car... The Jazz is out of the question because every Jane has one and their family already has a Civic... Her budget is less than 1M.

Any thoughts gurus????
    Fiesta, Soul 1.6 or Mazda 2?

9. Join Date
    May 2011
    I don't think a second had a car will work of you. For one, kung di mo kilala magbebenta sayo, baka maloko ka pa. Hanggang sa pagpapagawa pwede ka pa din lokohin. Second is because if you are using your company car plan, hanggang 2-3 years amortization period lang ata ang ibibigay sayo pag second hand. Masmalaki ang kaltas sa sweldo mo. Ang tagal pa ng proseso. I aappraise pa yan, etc.

At 750, pwede na ang vios. Pero if you're not feeling it wag na lang. My first choice would be an entry level Jazz. (Di ko alam magkano. Malamang dagdag ka). Its a keeper. Second ko is Accent sana. Pero medjo mainit pa ang Accent. Dami pang teething issues. Third, maybe an entry level Altis. (Dagdag ka din dito).

Regarding bangga, just make sure you get a good insurance company. And advanatage with Honda and Toyota, relatively mabilis ang parts. Sa Hyundai, medjo matagal alam ko. Brake switch lang, 6 mos daw. Paano pa kaya kung much complicated parts.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    You mean by under 1M 999k and below? If so, siguro hindi talaga kayo tumitingin sa subcompacts? For that money, relatively wide ang choices mo. Has she considered taking tall vehicles as well? OK rin sana ang base Escape and Tucson.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
First Car for a new lady driver :)