New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Mga sirs! Nagpaplano din ako bumili ng first car ko. i have 2 choices ngayon, a year 98-01 corolla lovelife XE and yung sentra series 3 or series 4. Halos hindi sila ngkakalayo sa pricing based sa pgchecheck ko sa marketplace. Pahingi naman ng tips kung anong mas magandang piliin. in terms of reliability, fuel economy and abundance of spare parts.. by the way this will be a family car mostly will be used to travel to my inlaws in bulacan, i have 2 kids.. we live in muntinlupa.. your feedbacks would be well appreciated..

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by chizisit View Post
    Mga sirs! Nagpaplano din ako bumili ng first car ko. i have 2 choices ngayon, a year 98-01 corolla lovelife XE and yung sentra series 3 or series 4. Halos hindi sila ngkakalayo sa pricing based sa pgchecheck ko sa marketplace. Pahingi naman ng tips kung anong mas magandang piliin. in terms of reliability, fuel economy and abundance of spare parts.. by the way this will be a family car mostly will be used to travel to my inlaws in bulacan, i have 2 kids.. we live in muntinlupa.. your feedbacks would be well appreciated..

Sir, please I.add mo sa check list ang condition ng sasakyan since both are already 15+years...sa lovelife, baka galing sa taxi (no pun intended)... pero i prefer the lovelife than than nissan... yung reliability nya depende na yan sa maintenance ng prev owner also their fuel economy are almost the same... sa spare parts, dito si lovelife mas lamang, madami taxi na ganyan... IMO.

Goodluck!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Moderator's Note: New Thread Created

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I find the lovelife too small. It's the only corolla I don't like :P

5. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Too old in my opinion. Wear and tear is the enemy. Better off with newer 2010 models.

1. Rust issue. Has it been been flooded?
    2. Engine, alot of owners dont do oil changes as much.
    3. Steering and suspension and brake system. Probably needs some replacements like bushings. Engine mounts etc.
    4. Electrical. Wiring is probably brittle already.

5. Hvac system. A good ac can go down below 5c. If the unit youre buying doesnt go down as cold youre buying junk in my opinion.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2020
    yes sir dami ko nga nakikita na ex taxi na lovelife habang yung iba namam na mukhang namaintain are overpriced imho.. meron din naman na mukhang ok ang condition at price pero mabilis nabibili.. hindi rin kasi agad mapuntahan yung unit due to transportation issues and minsan sobrang layo lang talaga ni seller
    Quote Originally Posted by ray_noel View Post
    Sir, please I.add mo sa check list ang condition ng sasakyan since both are already 15+years...sa lovelife, baka galing sa taxi (no pun intended)... pero i prefer the lovelife than than nissan... yung reliability nya depende na yan sa maintenance ng prev owner also their fuel economy are almost the same... sa spare parts, dito si lovelife mas lamang, madami taxi na ganyan... IMO.

Goodluck!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    Too old in my opinion. Wear and tear is the enemy. Better off with newer 2010 models.

1. Rust issue. Has it been been flooded?
    2. Engine, alot of owners dont do oil changes as much.
    3. Steering and suspension and brake system. Probably needs some replacements like bushings. Engine mounts etc.
    4. Electrical. Wiring is probably brittle already.

5. Hvac system. A good ac can go down below 5c. If the unit youre buying doesnt go down as cold youre buying junk in my opinion.
    yes sir already took note of that and already hid around 1/4 of the purchasing price for the extra repairs and wear and tear parts that would be needed for the car..

8. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Toyota nga siguro, I was also like you when I started out, worse kasi Wala pang internet at tsikot nuon. So I started out with a 14 year old Toyota, as that is only what my budget permits, and now when I look back, I am glad that never ako itinirik Ng mga oldies ko, I had 3 before I was able to afford brand new, but I did spend a lot to correct radiator and suspension issues, meron pa nga akong Isa na pina body repair, strip to metal and painted with anzhal. Dyan ako natuto Ng about maintenance, you can call me a veteran of 2nd hand vehicles.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by chizisit View Post

try them both out for size.
    as cathy said, the toyota is a bit smaller on the inside than the sentra.
    be aware that no amount of modification, will make that car bigger than it really is.

i recommend EFI over carb. they are easier to maintain and fix, especially if they are older cars. go gli in lieu of xe or xl.

cars this old.. the toyota probably has a bit more piyezas still available than the sentra.

mas matipid siguro ang toyota. MT is usually more matipid than AT.

there are several models advertised in carousell now.

i used to drive a 1997 sentra. good car. better drive than the contemporary corolla, i feel. it also consumed just a bit more gas. about 10% more siguro.
    but i had to visit twice as many stores for parts, than the toyota. mas madali talaga piyesa ng toyota...

errr...
    what's your budget, po?
    they's old cars.
    remember to have additional funds for the requisite post-purchase repairs.

caveat.
    both models were popular as taxi cars.
    Last edited by dr. d; September 6th, 2020 at 08:43 AM.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2020
    update lang po.. i'm being cautious coz this would be my first car and as a newbie wala pa masyado alam with the ins and outs of maintaining a car let alone an with a 20 plus year old car, thats why my wife and i decided to go for a slightly newer car thru financing.. mukhang ok nmn yung deal and balak ko sila puntahan tomorrow.. and the choices are a 2006 honda city idsi AT and a 2010 mazda 3 AT.. which one in your opinions would fit as a family car when it comes to fuel efficiency and availablity of parts? all your inputs would be greatly appreciated

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
First Car: Corolla lovelife XE or Sentra series 3/4