New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    We have a 2011 Fiesta 6AT Powershift sedan and a 2012 Vios 1.5G MT.

The Fiesta is at 36,000 km on the odometer while the Vios is at 40,000 km. I used to drive the Fiesta until my wife sequestered it, so now I drive the Vios. Both cars travel almost weekly from Pangasinan to QC.

For the Fiesta

Pros:
    Better fuel efficiency than the Vios, given my regular route
    Better trunk space
    More comfortable back seat (according to my passengers)
    Better highway stability

Cons:
    Ask your dealer how much it will cost to replace the Powershift tranny, or if there are now service packs so you can replace individual components instead of the whole thing (we would've gotten another Fiesta in 2012 if not for this concern)
    Continental tires are prone to "bukol" --happened twice to us already

For the Vios

Pros:
    Roomier interior (although that could be a con, depending on your circumstances)
    I really want to say something good about the Vios, but honestly, as the driver, I much prefer using the Fiesta

Cons:
    Aircon temperature control is inaccurate (e.g. If you set the temp to 3/4 of maximum coolness, then you dial it down to just 1 click before it turns off, the aircon stays at still 3/4 of maximum cool)
    No speed-adjustable intermittent wiper setting on the 2012 model
    Clutch and gas combination takes a lot of getting used to. I've been driving stick shifts since the 80s, but on the Vios, even after driving it for over a year, namamatayan pa rin ako every month in stop-and-go traffic.
    Mataray ang service desk sa mga napuntahan kong Toyota dealerships. I phone to schedule an appointment for my PMS, and the person on the phone says every time, "Sir, reminder lang that you have to be early or on time for your service schedule, otherwise, you will be treated as a walk-in client and you'll be moved to the end of the line." *##!$%&! Kaya nga nag-set ng appointment, para di na pipila. Grrr!!!
    Last edited by mikey177; October 12th, 2013 at 07:02 PM. Reason: Edited for clarity

2. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Youre looking at the civic din pala eh. No contest. Civic is better in every way except fuel consumption compared to your choices. Its not a gas guzzler but of course it consumes more gas. Its a compact vs subcompact anyway.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    My wife is hesitant to get AT that is why we are considering civic. But she also likes the hyundai tucson SU. Is it a better pick?

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk now Free

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Tucson doesn't feel as solidly built as a Honda, but it doesn't seem as troublesome as some other Hyundais. Cousin has one, no issues, so far. Running costs not much different from his previous 1.6 liter sedan. This is for the front-wheel drive automatic 2.0 gas.

Fuel consumption is not terrible given the engine, but not great compared to what you're looking at.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    thanks Sir for continuously enlightening people like us who don't know much about cars. (It was actually my wife who posted the last inquiry about Tucson - she really loved how it looks, and the added ground clearance since Cavite is prone to flooding). But the only Tucson variant within our budget is the GL MT which only has 1 airbag and doesn't have ABS and EBD. So we crossed it from our list. But is it really important? or overrated?

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk now Free

6. Join Date
    May 2010
    ^mas importante ang Seat Belts kaysa sa Airbag.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by SiRbossR View Post
    ^mas importante ang Seat Belts kaysa sa Airbag.
    Airbags and seatbelts work together, it will always be better than just seatbelts alone.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345