New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by mikessj View Post
    I have the same dilemma as you are in now. Choosing between TOTL subcompact cars but then am now having the urge to get a bigger car like mitsubishi Lancer ex because the price between them is too close. Arrggh.... I hope I can come out with a wise decision.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4
    If fuel efficiency is a major consideration, get the smaller vehicle. Otherwise, for safety, comfort, etc., bigger is usually better.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Otherwise, for safety, comfort, etc., bigger is usually better.
    Usually, but not always better, since base model compacts sold here usually have less standard safety features.
    The TOTL Fiesta for example has every safety feature a base compact (C-segment car) has like dual-airbags and ABS+EBD, but the TOTL Fiesta also has additional safety features that help you avoid accidents like ESP (Electronic Stability Program) which is available starting from the P798K Fiesta Trend Powershift models and higher.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dct View Post
    yung "aston martin" grille na 1.5 AT. kaya naman po tumakbo ng 100+ no problem. but let say, you are running at 30 kph, then floor the gas pedal, hindi agad sisipa gaya sa ibang kotse

That exactly what i noticed, hindi or walng kickdown ang gear pag sinagad mo throttle ng fiesta. Maybe its just the logic of the powershift, to give a better fuel economy. Hassle nga lang pag overtake.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by shibby75 View Post
    That exactly what i noticed, hindi or walng kickdown ang gear pag sinagad mo throttle ng fiesta. Maybe its just the logic of the powershift, to give a better fuel economy. Hassle nga lang pag overtake.
    The New Fiesta Powershift models now have a manual shift function via +/- rocker switch on the shifter.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    I tested the fiesta at D and S. Tranny still shifts at a certain rpm. Feel ko, you only have control to downshifts, ecu still control the upshifts.

Im not bashing the fiesta, im just stating my concerns when i test drove it. From the mirage to accent hb, vios and fiesta. Test drove all except the accent.
    Last edited by shibby75; October 11th, 2013 at 01:07 PM.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    I tested the fiesta at D and S. Tranny still shifts at a certain rpm. Feel ko, you only have control to downshifts, ecu still control the upshifts.

Im not bashing the fiesta, im just stating my concerns when i test drove it. From the mirage to accent hb, vios and fiesta. Test drove all except the accent.
    yep. mas may sipa pa ang 1.2 mirage. haha. napakalayo ng acceleration sa accent HB

7. Join Date
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by dct View Post
    yung "aston martin" grille na 1.5 AT. kaya naman po tumakbo ng 100+ no problem. but let say, you are running at 30 kph, then floor the gas pedal, hindi agad sisipa gaya sa ibang kotse
    Mag kaiba type of tranny 1.4 at and 1.6 at... Siguro sa bagong program mg power shift ngayon affected acceleration..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by 3GEMS View Post
    Mag kaiba type of tranny 1.4 at and 1.6 at... Siguro sa bagong program mg power shift ngayon affected acceleration..
    Not just the program, they have a different type of transmission.
    The 1.4 AT uses a traditional 4-speed torque converter automatic, the AT for the 1.6 and new 1.5 is a dual-clutch 6-speed transmission (PowerShift).

With the new 1.5, the feel is more like that of the 1.6 which is probably not surprising although it is 10 ps less (and 21 ps more than the 1.4). It’s a marginally long-stroke engine which should be good for torque and in-gear acceleration which I found to be fairly brisk.

The Powershift transmission, which uses the dual-clutch concept to increase efficiency, has a low 1st gear to enhance take-offs and a higher top gear to bring revs down for fuel-saving at cruising speeds. Compared to a conventional 4-speed automatic transmission, a 9% improvement in fuel economy is claimed.
    - Motor Trader
    Last edited by AG4; October 12th, 2013 at 10:36 AM.

9. Join Date
    May 2010

You're prolly not used to driving AT's with Manual mode. It won't let you shift to the point of Stalling. Unlike in MT's, you can shift earlier at top gear in lower revs.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Satisfied naman kami after the test drive yesterday. I didnt notice any lack of power (or maybe we have different expectations). Will test drive the Civic 1.8 mt next week but we're almost sold on the Fiesta.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk now Free

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast