New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    if you're scouting for a 2nd hand matic car, that's another thing to watch out for... given your budget of 150k, and the options available to you (ae92 corolla being the most suggested) baka worn out na yung transmission or laspag na... another factor to watch out for in terms of maintenance/future repairs.

just my 2 cents. good luck bro!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    like what all the peeps here have said,
    medyo mahal kasi masiraan ng auto tranny and if youre looking into a 7-10 year old car na auto tranny malamang laspag na to. better have it checked before you decide.

IMO mas prefer ko auto tranny kasi nakakatamad talaga mag drive sa traffic hehehe

3. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    automatic tranny = scary
    mahal masira

reminds me, there's this "old saying" regarding cars --
    fast, cheap, reliable

pick any two. i think your situation is similar; it would be pretty hard to find an automatic car, in good condition, for 130k or less. :P

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    don't pick AT for a 10yr old car. just take not what these pipol suggested..

pag drive mo muna si kumander..:D

happy hunting..

5. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    sir ano itsura nung ae92 na corolla?

6. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    this is an AE92 corolla:

while this is an AE101 corolla (a very good buy if you can find one in your price range..)

whilst this is an AE111 corolla, which is smaller than the AE101 and in my opinion is not a good buy..

and this is an AE121 corolla, locally known as the "altis." this is the current corolla model..

Last edited by orly_andico; March 24th, 2004 at 12:39 AM.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    note though that the AE121 is moving upscale, with a 1.8L engine in the G model (and electric seats!) so it's really meant to replace the now-defunct Corona/Carina.

the food chain used to be Tercel --> Corolla --> Corona --> Camry but now the Tercel is gone, replaced by the Vios, the Corolla has moved upscale, displacing the Corona, and the upper-end model is now the Camry. in 1992 when the AE92 was king, the Camry wasn't even available here.

i guess the Philippines (kahit papaano) ay umuunlad na rin. maybe. i dunno...

8. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    im a newby too.. got suggestions from people here at the forum.. considering your budget at kung newbie ka.. when possible, get a car from someone na kilala mo or, kung titingin ka ng car, better have someone na marunong kumilatis ng auto specially yung makina and be sure to test drive it para ma-feel mo kung may tama na ang auto. Happy hunting pare. Get a mistu :D or toyota, cheap at madali maghanap ng parts.

9. FrankDrebin Guest
    orly_andico,

Bakit po hindi maganda ang AE111?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ang liit ng AE111... kasi coming from the big body AE101, talagang complete redesign. yan ang aking opinyon lang po.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Factors to consider when buying a 2nd hand car