New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Just keep the City IDSI. It beats the hell out of buying a different used car and spending something (for God knows how much) for its repair and maintenance.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by marktams86 View Post
    ^^

Points well taken sir... I would have to save up more for the house DP and will lessen the use of the car... Mahal na rin kasi nang parking dito sa makati eh. spend around 2600 a month for parking alone.. commute2x nalang muna... kung di lang nag wowork wife ko sa bgc i could just commute everyday...
    Yup, sa panahon ngayon dapat extra sinop, extra tipid Possible pa rin you could keep your current car and acquire your new house.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Good Day all,

I'm thinking if i should sell my 2006 Honda City Idsi CVT so I would be able to finance my dp for a house. I was wondering how much I could sell it? it's got 140 k+ kms on it now color black with minor scratches.

Another question is, what's a good car to replace it with at around 150k? Criteria is:

1) A/t tranny so my wife could drive it,
    2) Easy maintenance,
    3) fuel efficient,
    4) cool aircon for my daughter.
    5) classic look?
    6) Could run for another 10 years.

Thanks in advance!
    1.6L B14 Sentra bro. Check on all counts. Lower resale value means you get a newer unit for your money. With 150k you can get a circa 2000 model.

4. Join Date
    May 2012
    keep your i-dsi... judas knows how the previous owner of your used 150k budget car was used. commute or use a scooter (if ok kay wifey na mag ride ka) to work.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    ^^

Points well taken sir... I would have to save up more for the house DP and will lessen the use of the car... Mahal na rin kasi nang parking dito sa makati eh. spend around 2600 a month for parking alone.. commute2x nalang muna... kung di lang nag wowork wife ko sa bgc i could just commute everyday...
    have you considered taking the taxi..?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^^

Pardon my ignorance but how does one commute usually between the Fort and EDSA/Ayala Center? Jeeps and the Fort bus? How is it?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^^ vinj, at the corner of Ayala - EDSA, there is a BGC bus that goes around BGC during normal working hours.
    other option is the jeep....

8. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    Pardon my ignorance but how does one commute usually between the Fort and EDSA/Ayala Center? Jeeps and the Fort bus? How is it?
    our commute from paranaque to makati would be through shuttle service via skyway... we then go down sa makati med corner salcedo. my wife takes a jeep from ayala to fort bus terminal then takes fort bus or jeep going to bgc... if only there was a straight shuttle going to global mas ok sana...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Downgrading my Car