New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Hi

If the company I work for (not connected to transpo/taxi/grab/delivery) is giving me the cash to purchase a car as my personal company car brand new from a dealership and I want it registered and receipted under the company's name, will there be any issues? Or Will it be the same process as if I purchased the car under my name?

Are there extra requirements for this?

Will the warranty be the same?

I'm worried they might invalidate the warranty if they think its a company car.

LTO allows cars to be registered under a company's name, correct?

Thank you very much

2. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    it's the same lang sir.. kailangan nang nang secretary certificate / board resolution to purchase..

mas maganda kung nasa pangalan mo na.. hindi na hassle magpa change name later on.. tsaka pag nag resign ka nasa name mo na yung car..

Quote Originally Posted by Fil Trans View Post
    Hi

If the company I work for (not connected to transpo/taxi/grab/delivery) is giving me the cash to purchase a car as my personal company car brand new from a dealership and I want it registered and receipted under the company's name, will there be any issues? Or Will it be the same process as if I purchased the car under my name?

Thank you very much

3. Join Date
    May 2018
    Hi

Thank you very much
    I don't know about extra requirements, but a lot of well to do folk actually register their vehicles under their family (owned and controlled) corporation's name, and its bought on installment basis (for tax purposes daw dun sa company) even though they can easily pay for it on cash basis.

Wala namang kaso.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by _Qwerty_ View Post
    kailangan nang nang secretary certificate / board resolution to purchase..
    Sir, when you say kailangan ng Secretary Certificate/Board resolution, do you mean
    1) kailangan eto ng dealership and LTO?
    2) kailangan eto ng company ko?
    3) both?

Thanks sir.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    kung naka loan.. kailangan yan sa bank.. pero kung cash hindi na yata..

hindi kailangan sa LTO..

kung mag change name ka after.. kailangan nang deed of sale.. kailangan ulit nang secretary certificate na authorized yung mag sign sa deed of sale..

Sir, when you say kailangan ng Secretary Certificate/Board resolution, do you mean
    1) kailangan eto ng dealership and LTO?
    2) kailangan eto ng company ko?
    3) both?

Thanks sir.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Hi

Thank you very much
    a company is a legal entity. it may own property. it may sell their property. it may go into contract with other entities, companies or individuals.

if the car is registered and receipted under the company's name, that means the company owns it, and not you.
    if, in the future, you want to legally own the car under your name, for you to sell and all that, there will be some paperwork and legwork involved (what qwerty above said)... the company has to first sell or transfer ownership of the car to you.

what advantage does a company car enjoy?
    well, some companies do enjoy considerable discount when buying their company cars.
    also, i am not sure, but i think the company can list down car maintenance as a tax-deductible expense.
    and if the car gets into an accident, being the legal owner... damay ang company diyan! hindi ka mag-i-isa! heh heh.

disadvantages?
    i don't know. maybe the insurance. as they are company cars, they might be seen by the insurance providers as commercial cars. they might exact a higher insurance premium than private-individual-owned cars.

why not ask your company the pros and cons, sir?
    Last edited by dr. d; May 9th, 2019 at 01:39 AM.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    same lang sa insurance.. nakalagay lang sa company name and dapat ikaw ang designated driver..

i know coz my first car in 2007 was under my company's name.. then after 3 years ni transfer ko sa name ko.. up until nabenta ko na in 2016..

btw deed of sale was for 1 peso only when I transferred it to my name..

8. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    The company im connected has a fleet of cars assigned to different employees.

We get cars cheaper, no issues with the warranty and insurance is processed faster. Insurance premium is way cheaper too

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tapatalk

Does registering/purchasing the car under the companies name affect anything with the purchase and after sales service?