New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2011
    So would you get the same discounts whether you get in house financing or through a bank? or in house gets more? TIA!

2. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    usually in house gets more.. pag bank car loan considered as cash purchase sa dealer..

Quote Originally Posted by mrbones View Post
    So would you get the same discounts whether you get in house financing or through a bank? or in house gets more? TIA!

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    in my experience nasa haggling capabilities mo yan and the timing of your purchase. i normally get the same cash discount amount with a bank PO. however a bank PO/cash purchase will not get you the "free" lto reg and 1st year insurance. hangang car mat, seat cover and tint ka na lang.

the trick is not to tell them yet you will get a bank PO. just ask them for a discount first, haggle, then when you like the deal already that is the time you present them with the bank PO.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    in my experience nasa haggling capabilities mo yan and the timing of your purchase. i normally get the same cash discount amount with a bank PO. however a bank PO/cash purchase will not get you the "free" lto reg and 1st year insurance. hangang car mat, seat cover and tint ka na lang.

the trick is not to tell them yet you will get a bank PO. just ask them for a discount first, haggle, then when you like the deal already that is the time you present them with the bank PO.
    Up this thread.

sumakit ulo ko sa SA na kausap ko, Magkaiba raw paying in cash sa bank PO

sabi ko if he could differentiate me paying in physical cash and paying using bank PO

bank pays the dealer in full and kami na lang ni bank magkausap.

Technically cash basis siya diba?

ang ending umamin din, hindi raw priority bank PO sa unit allocation. mag in-house daw ako.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    nagkakatalo kasi sa Dealer's Incentive yan.. kaya ayw nila Bank PO..

6. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    if the vehicle you desire is a "hot" item wherein the demand exceeds supply, dealers will prioritize in-house financing as they get the most benefit from this as opposed to cash and bank PO.

in terms of discounts and freebies, in-house inherently does offer more than cash and bank PO as they're not really "free" per se given the high interest rates they charge.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbones View Post
    Pa compute nyo Sir mrbones sa ahente, kung offer nya sa in-house scheme, and sa bank na meron po kayong account, and compare yung difference sa interest rate and monthly amortization.

Ang ahente na maayos kausap, either in-house or bank, papayag yan na i-apply dun sa branch kung sya assigned (distributor or dealer) at walang sisingilin ni singko..

iwasan nyo yung agent na insist lagi ay in-house tapos meron po akong nababasa sa other topic thread na sinisingil yung buyer ng "Dealer incentives" which is "illegal" kasi ang DI, ay pag nakaka-quota ang isang sales agent above dun sa units na kailangan nya ibenta (e.g, kung 10 units ang kailangan para maka-quota, at lumapagpas dun sa desired target, company ang magbibigay ng DI sa ahente)

pag ganyan kasi, either hindi nya alam yung exact computation, (in house lang yung basehan ng computation) or gusto lang makaka-quota agad.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Normally in house financing schemes offer more "freebies" but you end up paying higher in the long run. Mas mataas ang amortization.

Simple method is to go to banks and ask for a quote then compare vs dealer. Some banks even have online calculators to help you.

You will see that the freebies offered by dealers are actually costing you more in the long run.