New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    What a lot of my friends from the province do now. They work in Manila on cheap rent, walk to work, and commute home to the province on weekends to be with the wife and kids (and the wives still work at that). They also have their own car in the province for the wife to use to work and go around on weekends.
    makikisakay sa thread. ive been contemplating on doing this. i live 45 kms away from the office, 2 hours away, thats 4 hours on the road everyday. i spend 6k on gas and 4k on toll and 2k on parking every month. everytime after office hours pag papunta sa parking lot, pagod ka na and im still have to drive 2 hours going home.

now compare it to renting beside my workplace, 5k to 8k room rent a month. although i dont know how much food will cost since i wont be cooking, if ever baka same gastos lang and ill just get those 4 hours back everyday. my only consideration why I havent gone this path is because of my kids, although they are already teenagers and cook for themselves, iba pa rin yung andun ako to guide them or if they need anything.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by BratPAQ View Post
    makikisakay sa thread. ive been contemplating on doing this. i live 45 kms away from the office, 2 hours away, thats 4 hours on the road everyday. i spend 6k on gas and 4k on toll and 2k on parking every month. everytime after office hours pag papunta sa parking lot, pagod ka na and im still have to drive 2 hours going home.

now compare it to renting beside my workplace, 5k to 8k room rent a month. although i dont know how much food will cost since i wont be cooking, if ever baka same gastos lang and ill just get those 4 hours back everyday. my only consideration why I havent gone this path is because of my kids, although they are already teenagers and cook for themselves, iba pa rin yung andun ako to guide them or if they need anything.
    presyuhan nyo ang pagod nyo at oras na nau-ubos sa pagmamanejo.
    that should give you a new perspective.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    presyuhan nyo ang pagod nyo at oras na nau-ubos sa pagmamanejo.
    that should give you a new perspective.
    Yup, even temporary relief from stress of driving in M.M. traffic = priceless.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by leonleon View Post
    Yup, even temporary relief from stress of driving in M.M. traffic = priceless.
    He did mention time with the kids. Isn't that priceless as well?[emoji5]

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by n_spinner06 View Post
    He did mention time with the kids. Isn't that priceless as well?[emoji5]

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
    only TS can give prices to these.
    let him decide the prices now.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Time with family vs time for yourself ... hard to decide ... maybe possible to split in half ... but would be more costly ... or use technology as part of a solution ... instead of being on the road 4 hours daily ... set up a video chat 2 hours daily ... use a large TV and a video camera to monitor your home and connect with family ...
    Last edited by Walter; April 23rd, 2017 at 06:55 PM.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by BratPAQ View Post

Not an option for me, kaya nga ako hindi nag OFW dahil gusto ko lagi nakikita mga anak ko...ika nga, kaunting tiis at hapit ng sinturon dahil darating din naman ang araw na sila mismo ang aalis sa bahay mo, so enjoy and share your day with them to the max habang anjan pa sila sa poder mo. However, at the end of the day you decide which is best for your situation. Goodluck Sir.

Sent from my SM-G610Y using Tapatalk

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456