New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    baka mura masyado yung kotse kaya tempting bilhin kahit na may konting sabit/delay

:naughty2:

2. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Yes its very tempting..the seller is a consul by the way.. Maybe its a mandate for them, not to sell acquired cars for certain period? Or a clause as lukscudkil have said? Anyone knows a consul and could back up, regarding selling cars??

Have looked at the papers and everything.. Just the transfer of ownership needs to be after 6 months to a year. Would you still suggest otherwise?

Was thinking of making an open contract for my/our protection also, would it suffice legally??
    Thanks for your warm replies.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    a consul! the price and condition of the car must be very tempting! after all, the embassy is practically getting rid of it! and it probably will save more money if it sells it here at any price compared to shipping it back to the home country.. and it will not allow the discarded car to occupy parking space in its grounds.. you might be talking about this embassy car that was purchased locally without having to pay certain taxes, or the car was imported tax-free. what that means is, a buyer without this tax-free privilege might end up having to pay these taxes when he buys the "tax-free" vehicle.
    and this "waiting period" is certainly not philippine law. mebbe it's his bosses' (the foreigner's) law. or mebbe it's the time needed by your "seller" to transfer the car's ownership to him..
    one thing i learned.. never buy cars from the government.. any government! too many potential problems..
    maybe you should just sit this out. who knows, your patience might be rewarded by an even better buy in the near future..
    Last edited by dr. d; July 15th, 2012 at 01:27 AM.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    yes he's a consul, to be more specific the item is of current model which was purchased last year with an odo of 25k. and selling price is only 60% of the current price offered here, with the transmission manual, commercial ones are only automatic.

discussed it with my dad, and he said that, the reason for the delayed transfer of ownership is that, consuls have this certain type of car plan, which entitles them to be issued new cars every 2 to 3 years. After each cycle, that is when they can sell the car,
    mebbe it's the time needed by your "seller" to transfer the car's ownership to him..
    , this makes it right, or it's when they can sell the car, but the sale is not from a government perse but from the consul directly.

I know i have been persistent, with the replies I have written, I hope you guys have not given up yet. I just want to have a peace of mind regarding this purchase, or turn this down all together.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    in that case, i advise you find out if you will have to pay any other taxes if you do decide to buy the car. the consul is covered by tax-free privileges, i believe..

6. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    hopefully none, as it would make it a bad buy by the end. Well, i can't ask the consul directly that is why i was consulting this forum.
    I wish someone can but in about this also.

thank you again for your inputs dr.d.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    kung yung vehicle is acquired from another country.. the consul can import these vehicles tax free... but i think, these vehicles is exclusive for their use only.. they are not allowed to sell the vehicle.. if they will sell, they will need to pay the taxes

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12