New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2016
    Anybody have any idea or inputs on where to go if you are being aggrieved by your car dealer? Bought a brand new but defective car and through provincial dealer is extending continued warranty, the electronic problem persists. Unlike car trouble which are mechanical in nature, spare parts can easily rectify the problem. However, ours is a software issue which even local dealer is not familiar with. Diagnosis is always inaccurate and incomplete. Car's main and international offices are very uncooperative. DTI likewise cannot offer any help since problem with car is already over a year. We seem to be in a dead end. Talong-talo tayong consumer dito. Once bayad na ang kotse, wala ng pakialam ang mga dealers. Laking lugi. What do you think guys?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    You can maybe provide details about your problem, what kind of fixes have been attempted, and what was the next course of action laid down to you by the dealer/vehicle manufacturer.

Have you at least brought it to another dealer?

3. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Anong kotse?baka may nakaexperience nyan dito?

Diba lemon law is in effect since 2015? First time nagkaproblem, naraisemo ba agad?

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    May 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    You can maybe provide details about your problem, what kind of fixes have been attempted, and what was the next course of action laid down to you by the dealer/vehicle manufacturer.

Have you at least brought it to another dealer?
    Quote Originally Posted by sirkosero View Post
    Anong kotse?baka may nakaexperience nyan dito?

Diba lemon law is in effect since 2015? First time nagkaproblem, naraisemo ba agad?

the elctronic problem is the i-stop / i-eloop software of the mazda 6 skyactive technology. Only 1 dealer in Cebu. Raised the problem to Manila and Japan, no reply. Local dealer does not want to acknowledge factory defect. Walang course of action except continuing warranty on the car battery - naka 5x replacement na within 2 years - grabe super questionable!

5. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    hire a lawyer.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

6. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Yung i-stop naman talaga matindi talaga makasira ng battery. Mukhang wala naman problem dyan. Baka nasanay ka lang sa ibang sasakyan

Heard some owners just switch thr i-stop off.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by rfj View Post
    the elctronic problem is the i-stop / i-eloop software of the mazda 6 skyactive technology. Only 1 dealer in Cebu. Raised the problem to Manila and Japan, no reply. Local dealer does not want to acknowledge factory defect. Walang course of action except continuing warranty on the car battery - naka 5x replacement na within 2 years - grabe super questionable!
    i-Stop requires a deep cycle battery. Is that what they gave you, 5x?

http://www.topgear.com.ph/news/techn...pecial-battery

8. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Maybe you can approach local automotive journalists here like james deakin or top gear. They might be able to help you. You can even ask them for help thru their FB pages to get more media mileage to your situation. Flood mazda fb page with complaints too.
    Last edited by JJB; March 24th, 2017 at 08:16 PM.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    i-Stop requires a deep cycle battery.
    Yes.

And its not cheap too.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    1st, i used to own a mazda bt50. yes it was also "sirain", 3x pinalitan ang turbo and 2 other problems with the turbo hoses. so pabalik-balik ako sa mazda dealership at madami ako nakausap dun na ibang mazda owners na may problem sa i-stop.

hindi ka nagiisa. sirain talaga battery nyang i-stop na yan. imho it is not the system itself but the traffic situation in our country. yang i-stop na yan ok lang yan pag nasa stop light ka at naka-stop. pero sa stop and go traffic natin kahit anong battery ilagay mo hindi talaga kakayanin. and as far as the other mazda owners i talked to ang only solution nila was to turn off i-stop. run you vehicle like any other vehicle, continuous running of the engine with i-stop disabled.

as for the lemon law is concerned forget it. my lawyer looked at my case and the advice i got was "don't even bother". the philippine version of the lemon law is heāvily in favor of car manufacturers. for one, there is a depreciation clause that says the buyer needs to pay depreciation of 20% per year or fraction thereof. so since more than 1 year na yan then the depreciation is 40%. even if you win the case at the dti you will need to pay 40% of the brand new price for them to replace your vehicle or give you a refund less 40%. plus lawyer's fees, e baka wala na matira sa iyo.

what did i do? i sold my bt50. yung tao na din sa dealership ang nagbenta on the condition na hindi ako pwedeng habulin ng buyer at sila ang sasagot. but since the vehicle was still under warranty wala naman naging problem.

so your options are: 1, turn off the i-stop like what the others did. or 2, sell it and pass the headache to someone else. sell it through the dealership with the understanding that it will be an as-is basis sale.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast