New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Speaking of cars, hatchbacks and wagons.. ... Am super excited for this uncommon and wierd Mini Clubman wagon . I have the 230hp version currently and totally adore it. But this 300 hp version is much much stronger. And more tunable. And i love more powah.

Though im also intrigued by the countryman CUV version of this 300hp motor. And i never ever thought id be saying that. Might actually end up getting the countryman version since i will be keeping my current clubman.

Oh and if you are wondering of this choice vs lets say a subaru Levorg 2.0 turbo. Dyno the levorg 2.0 and you will see about 200 whp. Dyno this and you will see 300 whp. Huge difference with the japanese numbers and hence huge difference in real world performance. Even if the spec sheets are similar.

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by EQAddict; May 29th, 2019 at 07:28 AM.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict View Post
    Speaking of cars, hatchbacks and wagons.. ... Am super excited for this uncommon and wierd Mini Clubman wagon . I have the 230hp version currently and totally adore it. But this 300 hp version is much much stronger. And more tunable. And i love more powah.

Though im also intrigued by the countryman CUV version of this 300hp motor. And i never ever thought id be saying that. Might actually end up getting the countryman version since i will be keeping my current clubman.

Oh and if you are wondering of this choice vs lets say a subaru Levorg 2.0 turbo. Dyno the levorg 2.0 and you will see about 200 whp. Dyno this and you will see 300 whp. Huge difference with the japanese numbers and hence huge difference in real world performance. Even if the spec sheets are similar.

Won't you wait for the last & most powerful MINI before they go all E, sir?
    The GP3.[emoji4]

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    I was also offered the Mini GP3 (which they are bringing into the Philippines in super limited numbers) .. Almost reserved one actually. Same 300 hp engine but much much much lighter than the coupe, let alone the clubman. Its a crazy beast for sure and bonkers to look at and to drive. a true collectors item.

But too hardcore for me. I like to drive my kids around and the GP3 only has 2 seats.....

For now this is my sedan and wagon/hatch

Last edited by EQAddict; May 29th, 2019 at 08:13 AM.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    I was also offered the Mini GP3 (which they are bringing into the Philippines in super limited numbers) .. Almost reserved one actually. Same 300 hp engine but much much much lighter than the coupe, let alone the clubman. Its a crazy beast for sure and bonkers to look at and to drive. a true collectors item.

But too hardcore for me. I like to drive my kids around and the GP3 only has 2 seats.....

True...it's 1 for the selfish.[emoji16][emoji106]

5. Join Date
    Jan 2015

For now this is my sedan and wagon/hatch

[emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]Weren't you offered the E?

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Bro EQ, have you brought that Type R already to the track? Is it more fun than your GT 5.0 on the track?

The Subaru community will have a track day event at Clark around late July. I am hoping Motor Image can have some demo Levorgs to drive around.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Bro EQ, have you brought that Type R already to the track? Is it more fun than your GT 5.0 on the track?

The Subaru community will have a track day event at Clark around late July. I am hoping Motor Image can have some demo Levorgs to drive around.
    The Civic Type R and Mustang GT have near-identical lap times in BRC (just 0.19 sec difference).

Different driving feel though - GT more tail-happy, CTR more grippy.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    May 2019
    In our case, it's just so convenient to drive a CUV and or a SUV. From dropping off and picking up kids to and from school; transporting my dj gear during gigs; driving my parents in-laws to their dr's appointments to transporting our mountain bikes to the trail. So practical and convenient.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post

Nope havent been to a track in ages. I like flogging the type R as its a lot lighter and i feel macho rowing my own gears hehe. I probably would feel more confident driving this to its limits vs the stang. But its definitely not faster in a straight line nor does it sound as gnarly as the v8 mustang. It doesnt feel as ballistic as the mustang either. My mini is a great all rounder though its ultimately not as fast as the other two.

Totally different character between those cars hence its actually a lot of fun switching between them. The way they deliver their performance is markedly distinct from each other and you get to appreciate their character (american muscle, japanese hot hatch, british/german hot hatch) more after each switch.

But i dread driving the type R in traffic...... Its actually more a garage queen than the mustang because of the manual tranny. I can drive the mustang even thru hellish edsa traffic because its an AT.

The mini is my favorite by a clear margin though. Its the easiest to hoon around in.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    One more nail to the sedan coffin.

The all-new BMW 1-Series hatchback is no longer rear-wheel-driven | VISOR PH

Sent from my SM-T825Y using Tapatalk

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910