New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
    The Lineartronic CVT in our XV is smooth. Too smooth in fact that it can lull you to a false sense of speed. Lagpas speed limit ka na pala without noticing.
    How is XV ownership, maintenance wise?

The 2019 XV with eyesight is so far ticking all the right boxes for me.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    If I have to be asked, I would want the quickness of a DCT and the smoothness of a CVT. I am hoping that maybe my next car would have one of those newer AT trannies (8-spd or 10-spd).

Overall though, a car's full merit cannot be judged by the type of tranny on it.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by lowslowbenz View Post
    How is XV ownership, maintenance wise?

The 2019 XV with eyesight is so far ticking all the right boxes for me.
    We bought our base model XV almost two years ago. Na-inggit sister-in-law ko and she got the model with Eyesight early this year. She's had several anecdotes already of how Eyesight saved them from accidents. Harabas kasi mag-drive tuwang-tuwa sa performance.

The casa uses synthetic oil and so far bihirang lumampas ng 5k per service. The big ones are when the CVT fluid is due for replacement. I think it's every 40k. 19k CVT fluid pa lang.

BTW long time no hear LSB ;)

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    We bought our base model XV almost two years ago. Na-inggit sister-in-law ko and she got the model with Eyesight early this year. She's had several anecdotes already of how Eyesight saved them from accidents. Harabas kasi mag-drive tuwang-tuwa sa performance.

The casa uses synthetic oil and so far bihirang lumampas ng 5k per service. The big ones are when the CVT fluid is due for replacement. I think it's every 40k. 19k CVT fluid pa lang.

My FXT is 3 years old already. No issues with its utility, handling, and performance. My only wish is that the engine's tuning should have been similar to the WRX.

If you want to save on maintenance, you can bring your own oil & parts at Motor Image and just pay them for the labor cost of the service. For my FXT, I had the CVTF changed at 36k KM and had it done at Fusion R. Subaru manual did not dictate a full fluid change (13L total) of the CVT tranny and a normal drain & refill (6L) will do. Spent 10k last January for the CVTF change and gear oil change (includes fluids and labor).

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    My FXT is 3 years old already. No issues with its utility, handling, and performance. My only wish is that the engine's tuning should have been similar to the WRX.

If you want to save on maintenance, you can bring your own oil & parts at Motor Image and just pay them for the labor cost of the service. For my FXT, I had the CVTF changed at 36k KM and had it done at Fusion R. Subaru manual did not dictate a full fluid change (13L total) of the CVT tranny and a normal drain & refill (6L) will do. Spent 10k last January for the CVTF change and gear oil change (includes fluids and labor).
    Sounds good. Lagi kaming overdue sa servicing anyway since bihira na sya nagagamit. Nasa 10k mileage pa lang and it's been with us for 1.5 years already. Tapos nagsara pa BGC branch tsk tsk.

Based on what I read online it looks like the common consensus is that the VAG (Volks, Audi, Porsche, etc) make the best DCTs ;)

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006

So Eyesight is what it seems to be. That is good to know. Thanks

Yep, been busy on quite a lot of things lately.

The BGC Subaru was closed already?

I was there last Sunday afternoon sa showroom nila at SM Aura.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004

Showroom na lang sa Aura. No more servicing.

There are Youtube videos of how Eyesight handles EDSA. You might want to check those out.

Why not wait for the next Legacy? Baka mas bagay sa yo yon

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Sounds good. Lagi kaming overdue sa servicing anyway since bihira na sya nagagamit. Nasa 10k mileage pa lang and it's been with us for 1.5 years already. Tapos nagsara pa BGC branch tsk tsk.

Based on what I read online it looks like the common consensus is that the VAG (Volks, Audi, Porsche, etc) make the best DCTs ;)
    Just buy fully synthetic outside and bring it to Motor Image. If you are Fusion R, you can just bring it there for the usual change oil. You can just follow the 10k KM actual mileage or 12 month cycle when changing oil.

BMW, Mercedes, and VW all use their own version of a DCT. The VW group just use DCT on a lot more vehicles than BMW or Mercedes. We have a Jetta 1.6L TDI and the DCT behaves as expected. It is not as clanky as Ford's Powershift but you can feel the gear hunting at low rpms. It is quick to change gears though on open roads. VW's DSG also adapts (learns) to the driving style of its usual driver.

Motor Image BGC closed early this year. Their SAs were split between C5 Pasig and Aseana branches. The SM Aura branch is just a showroom, no PMS services offered there.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post

So no issues on the fxt cvt?

10. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    So no issues on the fxt cvt?
    I’m guessing its still in good condition. CVTs rarely have issues in the early years especially within or near the end of the warranty period.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast