New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    wala na bang gumagamit ng liha o kikil ngayon, to improve on electrical contacts ?
    Hindi kasya sa butas ng ilang doc. this will also change the Male female sliding surface. Better to refit 3x-5x

2. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    I have a 1st Gen CRV & a 2014 Accent HB. Practicality wise, CRV wins because it is higher, has more cargo & passenger room, a small table in the boot & easier to maintain with less frequent oil/SP & filter changes.... but upright passenger seats are not very comfortable for long drives, very thirsty engine, creaky body, noisy engine. Ride is also not very stable.
    The Accent sits very low, has excellent fuel efficiency, very powerful engine, good seating comfort in front, very maneuverable, solid body & very quiet engine.... but ride height is very low so the undercarriage & front bumpers have this tendency to scrape onto humps, parking tire stops, dirt mounds which, for me, is the main disadvantage of this.
    If you do frequent long drives, you’d love the very powerful & efficient diesel engine (up to 25/lit hw) & better driveability of the Accent. It has a big boot for it’s class but has it’s limitations.
    The CRV is more suited for city drives like going to the grocery or market, hauling big stuff.... I don’t like using it for long drives, too tiring for me.
    A compromise, for me, is the 2nd Gen Kia Sportage (2004 - 2010) It’s as big as the CRV & has a 2.0 CRDI engine. I still see a lot of these & I think the design is timeless.
    These are just my honest opinions on the matter, based on personal experiences.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by bloowolf; December 31st, 2019 at 02:34 PM.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by bloowolf View Post
    I have a 1st Gen CRV & a 2014 Accent HB. Practicality wise, CRV wins because it is higher, has more cargo & passenger room, a small table in the boot & easier to maintain with less frequent oil/SP & filter changes.... but upright passenger seats are not very comfortable for long drives, very thirsty engine, creaky body, noisy engine. Ride is also not very stable.
    The Accent sits very low, has excellent fuel efficiency, very powerful engine, good seating comfort in front, very maneuverable, solid body & very quiet engine.... but ride height is very low so the undercarriage & front bumpers have this tendency to scrape onto humps, parking tire stops, dirt mounds which, for me, is the main disadvantage of this.
    If you do frequent long drives, you’d love the very powerful & efficient diesel engine (up to 25/lit hw) & better driveability of the Accent. It has a big boot for it’s class but has it’s limitations.
    The CRV is more suited for city drives like going to the grocery or market, hauling big stuff.... I don’t like using it for long drives, too tiring for me.
    A compromise, for me, is the 2nd Gen Kia Sportage (2004 - 2010) It’s as big as the CRV & has a 2.0 CRDI engine. I still see a lot of these & I think the design is timeless.
    These are just my honest opinions on the matter, based on personal experiences.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Very helpful, thanks!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12