New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Ask ko lang bakit po mababa ang resale value ng Corolla Altis .. Halos magkaparehas lang sila ng prices sa Vios .. Is there anything wrong with a 2nd hand Corolla Altis ??

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezaremos View Post
    Ask ko lang bakit po mababa ang resale value ng Corolla Altis .. Halos magkaparehas lang sila ng prices sa Vios .. Is there anything wrong with a 2nd hand Corolla Altis ??
    in my opinion, there's really nothing wrong with the altis. it's just that, buyers, for reasons known only to themselves, prefer the vios.
    why? i do not know, but if i were to speculate... i'd guess that the buyers think the vios is a very good gas miser, compared to the altis. never mind that the vios offers significantly smaller passenger space and comfort than the altis.
    which is easier and cheaper to repair and maintain? i wouldn't know.
    what would i buy? the bigger one. the altis. it offers a more comfortable ride. to paraphrase someone from these threads, "the altis offers more car than the vios".
    Last edited by dr. d; April 11th, 2017 at 10:23 PM.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Wala. Same case with City vs Civic.

Subcompacts always have bette resale value than compacts because there's more demand.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    If buying used, it would be better to get the bigger car.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    mas mababa pa ang resale value ng camry.
    sino ba namang bibili ng second hand na kotse na mura nga ang value pero mahal naman ang pyesa.
    kumbaga yung risk ang presyuhan dito, unless kakilala mo bibilhan mo na kahit mas mahal sa market value alam mo naman anh history ng sasakyan

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by rudy_corolla View Post
    mas mababa pa ang resale value ng camry.
    sino ba namang bibili ng second hand na kotse na mura nga ang value pero mahal naman ang pyesa.
    kumbaga yung risk ang presyuhan dito, unless kakilala mo bibilhan mo na kahit mas mahal sa market value alam mo naman anh history ng sasakyan
    one would need to have a very good reason why one would want a 5 or less, km/li car.
    piyesas cost, but once installed, they last.
    but gas... you are reminded everytime you fill up.
    taking liberal numbers here... if i were to drive like me, one would spend 3K more per month, for the camry's gas appetite, compared to an altis's or a vios's gas expenses. that's 100K more money spent for gas, in less than three years.

heh heh.
    Last edited by dr. d; April 12th, 2017 at 10:41 AM.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    A few years back, I bought a used 6th gen Accord for a lower price than a used 7th gen Civic (ES). It had served me well for 3 years. Despite the fuel expense (6-7 km/L on my normal daily route), it is a comfortable car and has its own merits over a similarly aged Civic (great steering feel, good natural grip, and better performance). The most expensive repair I did on it was to replace the aircon compressor.