New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Now is not a good time to buy a new car since the new models will be coming very soon. Suggestion ko sayo sa pagkuha ng kotse. Pick one that is not very flamboyant outside yet has a monster of an engine. :devil: Sleeper kumbaga. Huwag na yung Genesis Coupe, its good for being a toy car but not your only car. Besides, it ain't easy to park one. I suggest you get a diesel CUV instead. Bro. SG probably knows what I'm going to recommend already. :hysterical:

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jhnkvn View Post
    IMO, Honda played it out too safe in the next-generation Civic. It's 90% similar to the current-generation Civic FD. As for the "ass" , it reminds me of the 2003 Honda Accord for some reason.

I'll wait for the interior photos. I'm still amazed by my sister's Mazda 3 interior ever since 2005 and in comparing it with the Civic FD, would probably trump it if not for the crappy 2nd row seat space and its weight issues.
    I've seen spy shots of 2012 Civic, the two-tier dash board is still there but with change in design. Anyway, key strength of Mazda 3 is its BMW-like driving dynamics(better than Civics IMHO) and around 150K pesos cheaper than local Civics.(because of big discounts offered, I think this is the reason also why Mazda Phils. has managed to sell 100 units a month last year)

So if Civic's better spirited driving experience(due to a more powerful engine) is not that important to the TS and the approx. 6K pesos you save in a year using a Civic(assuming you travel 20km a day in metro manila, 50 pesos/liter of gasoline, 8km/L Civic city driving(heavy) as compared to Mazda 3's 7km/L same driving condition) is really small compared with the 150k pesos you saved buying a Mazda 3. Value for money winner here is clearly the Mazda 3.

I'm not a Mazda fanboy, in fact I love both Civic and Mazda 3. And soon to be an Elantra lover too maybe.

The 2nd gen. Mazda 3 if introduced locally, can slug it out with the compact car leaders including the upcoming contenders(2011 Elantra, 2012/2013 Focus) assuming the big grin already gone, fitted with Sky Active engines and transmissions(predicted to be more powerful and more efficient than the current class leaders). But problem with Sky active engines is these are direct injection engines. I'm not sure if these type of engines can be introduced locally.
    Last edited by lamborghinione; February 14th, 2011 at 12:43 AM.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    What's good about the current crop of your choices is that you can have a Civic FD or 1st Gen Mz3 for a big discount, a small downpayment, lots of free items, relatively the best version of the cars (MP3 capable, Aux, Ipod) with the best upgrades and no more hidden defects whatsoever.

I'd go for the FD. It's newer and faster.

The 1.6L Mz3 is Sluggish and the top of the line variant looks way better than the base variant.

Unlike the Civic, the difference between the base and top of the line variants are the mags and side mirror turn lamps.

Resale Value?

We sold our 2004 Mz3 for only 360k in December 2009. While Civic FD prices are about 600k at least in 2011.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    First 3months of ownership of an astig grey market vehicle.
    Bystander: Wow astig yun!

3rd month.
    Bystander: Wow! Sira! Tumirik oh?

6th month
    Bystander: Di ba dati naka 350z yun? Bakit ngayon naka Brand New Vios 1.3J na lang?

5. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    I just want a nice. Hindi para ipagmayabang bsta yung mgnd in terms of the body and the engine yung overal..

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    A nice what? What about the engine? Overal?

7. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    if you want a more powerful engine, get the civic. mazda 3 i think is underpowered for a subcompact segment. jazz's 1.3 is almost comparable to 3's - powerplantwise.

however, it will boil down to your taste and budget. budgetwise, 3 is the choice.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    I suggest you wait for the new Elantra which, to the best of my understanding, will be coming out within the next few months.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    kelan llbs new model ng 3 and civic?

10. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    I suggest you wait for the new Elantra which, to the best of my understanding, will be coming out within the next few months.
    +1, para the more the merrier sa pagpili.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Civic 2011 vs Mazda 3 2011