New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    I'm planning to buy a king long univan mukhang ok naman sya. Isuzu engine.. Pero wala pa ako na kikita tumatakbo sa kalsada. Mukhang ako palang Kung nag kataon ang gagamit nito as UV service... Ok kaya Ito pang pasada? Mga ka-tsikot Meron na ba sa inyo nakaka alam ng univan ng king long? Advice naman bago ako bumili...

2. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesRichard View Post
    I'm planning to buy a king long univan mukhang ok naman sya. Isuzu engine.. Pero wala pa ako na kikita tumatakbo sa kalsada. Mukhang ako palang Kung nag kataon ang gagamit nito as UV service... Ok kaya Ito pang pasada? Mga ka-tsikot Meron na ba sa inyo nakaka alam ng univan ng king long? Advice naman bago ako bumili...
    May mga nikikita ako di samin pero rare. Why do you consider buying china?

3. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Mas mura kasi sir ang monthly compare sa urvan. Pang business Lang po talaga. My 2 years warranty pa unlike sa mga branded void na ang warranty pag yellow plate na. Maganda pa ang offer nila na free dropping and substitution sa franchise, sila na ang mag process ng papers sa ltfrb meaning walang sakit ng ulo sa paper works... Kaya Lang, yun nga china.. Bago sa pandinig ko ang univan nila pero mtagal ko na din alam ang king long dahil sa mga bus nila na bumabyahe din sa Edsa...

4. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Compute mo sir pag panalo ka sa 2 year warranty go for it and marami pa pala advantages eh. Nag bigay sila 2 year warranty i think pwede na rin basta mura naman unit. Yun lang china yan even private used or not definetly pag binenta wala ng halaga. Marami naman sigurong pyesa yan sa casa nila.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Sa provincial buses marami na ako napapansin na kumukuha ng King Long na yan and I happened to have a chance to ride them so far ok naman with regards sa ride quality and sa aircon malamig pa rin... To early to say nga lang sa durability standpoint kasi wala pang 2 years yung napapansin ko

Sa case mo naman I would just say good luck on your decision and sana balitaan mo rin kami if ever matuloy sa brand na yan. I haven't seen one din kasi roaming around as UV Express na ganyang brand.

Laging question that comes to mind naman para sa ganyang case is availability of parts and how much if ever nagka problem ka ...

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Perhaps you can ask the drivers of those King Long buses about its durability and reliability. I remember not long ago there was a huge influx of Chinese buses which replaced the ageing Japanese fleet of bus companies. But then I don't see that many new Chinese buses anymore. I see more new Hyundai buses instead. And then I've seen quite a number of new Chinese buses smoke belching already...

The Univan seems nice. Its basically an extended wheelbase previous gen Hiace with a 4JB1 turbo engine, so there shouldn't be many problems with parts. But then I am still unconvinced as to its rustproofing and reliability of materials used.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    ano kayang balita dito?
    nakakuha kaya si TS?

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Perhaps you can ask the drivers of those King Long buses about its durability and reliability. I remember not long ago there was a huge influx of Chinese buses which replaced the ageing Japanese fleet of bus companies. But then I don't see that many new Chinese buses anymore. I see more new Hyundai buses instead. And then I've seen quite a number of new Chinese buses smoke belching already...

The Univan seems nice. Its basically an extended wheelbase previous gen Hiace with a 4JB1 turbo engine, so there shouldn't be many problems with parts. But then I am still unconvinced as to its rustproofing and reliability of materials used.
    yup now hyundai and philhino(santa rosa bus body) is dominating the market, king long, higer and alot of chinese auto really sucks, we used to see this china made bus in alabang viaduct a few years ago, at first i was impressed, since it has this features such as airbag shocks and 3 lcd monitors plus two speakers every seat... but law and behold after a month or so the crappy interior rapidly deteriorated and after two months the engine failed.

and they were replaced by Hyundai global universe series of buses but there are still a hundred of this china made crap still roaming around

as per my experience and this is not hearsay, i saw one higer bus that suddenly stopped on the exit ramp on skyway (while i was about to enter via the other side this caused a little traffic jam) this was around 9:00 pm and suddenly the bus started moving again as the driver was shouting BABA BABA... then the bus rammed the side impact railing of the exit ramp and nearly tumbled down(good this the bus never had momentum to destroy the railing) but the weird thing about it is there are some gallant people who used their bare hands to push and hold the bus back while it was moving(but the bus nearly ran them over)

i asked our family driver what could have been the caused of such mishap(our driver used to be a bus driver) the driver told me that the bus might have been an automatic transmission and that caused the trouble

9. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    ^ SUA, bus-version?