New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Hey,

Am going to buy a 2011 Subaru from a used card dealer in Ortigas, Manila. Was trying to search for a list of things that I should do to ensure that I am not duped. Would like to hear the experts advice on this. Sorry for the suptid questions ... Just trying to cover all bases.

Some items I had in mind were -
    - getting original papers from dealer and verifying from the original place where it was bought and check service history
    - get a notarized statement on the car not being flooded
    More ??

Also should I be paying the entire amount in advance before receiving the car or transferred papers in my name ?

Appreciate any and all assistance...

Cheers

2. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Motor Image isn't really very far from Ortigas. If the seller is confident enough why don't you have it inspected there?

After all, there's a large chance that it was bought there, so you can check the history too.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Yes, I called up subaru today and they will provide the service history once I take the car to them. Any other tips ?

4. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Abhisingh View Post
    Hey,

Am going to buy a 2011 Subaru from a used card dealer in Ortigas, Manila. Was trying to search for a list of things that I should do to ensure that I am not duped. Would like to hear the experts advice on this. Sorry for the suptid questions ... Just trying to cover all bases.

Some items I had in mind were -
    - getting original papers from dealer and verifying from the original place where it was bought and check service history
    - get a notarized statement on the car not being flooded
    More ??

Also should I be paying the entire amount in advance before receiving the car or transferred papers in my name ?

Appreciate any and all assistance...

Cheers
    Mga Katsikot - mayron ako nakita na ebook sa amazon "Buying a Used Car?" Marami siyang practical tips.