New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Not considering the 1st gen Everest? Not a North American Ford, with Jap internals. Old school turbo diesel engine that isn't too shabby on performance. Big and tall. Legendary reputation for toughness. Most importantly, goes for 300+k only...

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    Not very comfy. Radiator fan is annoyingly noisy.

But those things are tanks. Hell, high water, etcetera. Under-rated alternative to an old Pajero.

The trick is to find one that's still in good condition.

Quote Originally Posted by viper888 View Post
    I heard having a nice dinner while waiting for the rain to subside is very cost efficient.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Liver, with some fava beans and a nice chianti.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by ronw123w124 View Post
    How about a diesel Nissan Terrano? Not the Subic/Cagayan converted units, but the local ones that came out in the 90's. I'm actually toying with the idea of getting one and slap on some snorkels on it then leave it as it is.
    Nissan terrano, soooo 80s dashboard

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Not very comfy. Radiator fan is annoyingly noisy.

But those things are tanks. Hell, high water, etcetera. Under-rated alternative to an old Pajero.

The trick is to find one that's still in good condition.

Liver, with some fava beans and a nice chianti.
    Yup. But compared to a Crosswind of the same age, I'd say it's a much better deal, don't you think?

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Yup. But compared to a Crosswind of the same age, I'd say it's a much better deal, don't you think?

Can't argue with that.

Old Crosswinds are RIDICULOUSLY over-priced. But I guess that's a reflection of how unkillable the mechanical package is.

(Just don't ask about aircon repairs on the models with dual AC... ouch.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Can't argue with that.

Old Crosswinds are RIDICULOUSLY over-priced. But I guess that's a reflection of how unkillable the mechanical package is.

(Just don't ask about aircon repairs on the models with dual AC... ouch.
    What have you repaired with your Crosswind's AC that's so expensive? Our Revo's rear AC has never been touched and it's 15 years old. Though the fact that it is seldom used may be a factor. So far the only thing I remember replacing with the AC system is the compressor, with a surplus Denso unit a few years back. Condenser was replaced due to a frontal collision and not due to failure. Never done any cleaning for the years I've been driving it too.

We've actually spent more servicing the Tribute and Accord's AC systems. Now those cost an arm and a leg.

BTT: I really believe the Everest is a good choice. There are many units for sale in Olx and many seem to be in good shape. Considering that the same price will get you a 2.8 (2.5 even) Pajero or 3.1 Trooper that's a decade or so older, or a comparably more ancient Crosswind all of which are most likely driven to the ground, it's well worth the money.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    What have you repaired with your Crosswind's AC that's so expensive? Our Revo's rear AC has never been touched and it's 15 years old. Though the fact that it is seldom used may be a factor. So far the only thing I remember replacing with the AC system is the compressor, with a surplus Denso unit a few years back. Condenser was replaced due to a frontal collision and not due to failure. Never done any cleaning for the years I've been driving it too.

We've actually spent more servicing the Tribute and Accord's AC systems. Now those cost an arm and a leg.

BTT: I really believe the Everest is a good choice. There are many units for sale in Olx and many seem to be in good shape. Considering that the same price will get you a 2.8 (2.5 even) Pajero or 3.1 Trooper that's a decade or so older, or a comparably more ancient Crosswind all of which are most likely driven to the ground, it's well worth the money.

Our condenser and rear have been busted a few times. Then again our unit has passed 260,000 kms, and has spent a lot of that time in traffic and quite a bit of it in floods.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2009

OT: Spent 12k last year replacing the front and rear condenser, evaporator, freon charging and other bits needed to be replaced. Mileage is only at 35-40k and 4 years old only. Spent most of it's time idling in traffic and flood fording.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepcare View Post
    OT: Spent 12k last year replacing the front and rear condenser, evaporator, freon charging and other bits needed to be replaced. Mileage is only at 35-40k and 4 years old only. Spent most of it's time idling in traffic and flood fording.
    Crosswind too? Cheap Vehicle for Flooded Roads P300k (except FORD) The Revo's currently at 130tkms. Evaporator's still stock. Blower has been fixed once but still the same unit. Rear AC has never been serviced. Condenser has been replaced by insurance twice due to frontal collision. Cheap Vehicle for Flooded Roads P300k (except FORD) Can't remember ever recharging the freon... Is the premature failure of your AC system due to frequent flood fording with AC on?

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepcare View Post
    compressor na lang ang hindi pinalitan.. what was the reason why so many items had to be replaced, po?
    a bit OT.
    Last edited by dr. d; August 27th, 2016 at 09:53 AM.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Crosswind too? Cheap Vehicle for Flooded Roads P300k (except FORD) The Revo's currently at 130tkms. Evaporator's still stock. Blower has been fixed once but still the same unit. Rear AC has never been serviced. Condenser has been replaced by insurance twice due to frontal collision. Cheap Vehicle for Flooded Roads P300k (except FORD) Can't remember ever recharging the freon... Is the premature failure of your AC system due to frequent flood fording with AC on?
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    compressor na lang ang hindi pinalitan.. what was the reason why so many items had to be replaced, po?
    a bit OT.
    OT: Yes, 2011 Crosswind. Don't really know the cause. When they removed the 2 evaporators, there was a hole near the pipe on each evaporator so it was blowing really really hot air. Also, when the shop removed the dashboard and the back panel where the rear AC parts were removed, it was very dusty and molds were almost forming. We do not usually open the window with AC turned on. Also, we usually turn off the ac when fording floods so we do not really know the cause. I wanted to replace everything so that there would be no more backjobs/minor part replacements anymore.

BTT: For 300k, I still want a Crosswind 2001 with a manual transmission. Very very slow car but when passing thru flooded roads, you'll smile driving ahead of others.
    Last edited by Sleepcare; August 30th, 2016 at 12:16 PM.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011