New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2011
    Hello everyone. Newly registered member here and hoping that you kind people can help me in regards to my concern in purchasing a car.

This is the scenario, me and my brother plans to buy a brand new car, which do you think would be the best way for us to do this, pay cash or through bank financing? Which of the two can provide us a better savings? We already have the cash available but base on what we were told, sales agent are less enthusiastic assisting cash payers especially giving out discounts and freebies, is this true?

Thank you in advance

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    CASH! No question about it. You save a lot of interest money... F**K the sales agents, and F**K the freebies those will pale in comparison with the amount of interest you will be paying on a car loan...

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    unless you have a fabulous investment deal that gives foolproof high interest, paying cash is always the cheaper way to go.
    if your sales agent seems lukewarm to the idea, go to another!
    start with, " i am paying in cash. what deal can you offer me?", and get several offers before deciding which one...

4. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Cash is King in this instance. the only reason you don't buy a car in cash (even if you have it) is if you want to maintain some liquidity for other purposes.

Take note that with a car amortization interest of 10% annually (a bit higher in the real world), a million peso car will end up costing you at least 1.5 million after five years.

5. Join Date
    May 2011
    Thank you so much for those information. Since it would be our first time to buy a car, we thought that we would be paying the same amount as per cash except that through financing we only do a portion of the remaining balance monthly. We never knew that there will be such a huge difference on the amount due to the interest rate.
    This being said, we will go ahead with cash and would just have to settle with whatever the discount and freebies that goes with it.

Thank you once again.

Regards,
    Apple

6. Join Date
    May 2010
    Xash is the way to go. Less hassle, less expenses.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Cash is always the best option in my opinion.
    Sa deal package naman depende rin yan sa unit na binibili mo, some dealers even give discounts to cash buyers at comparable din naman yung mga freebies na binibigay nila.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Cash. Only time you'll opt for an installment package is when you're assured that you can earn more money using the available cash than the interest expense. Simple diba?

9. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Hi po, I'm new to this thread. My family is planning to buy a brand new car and we plan on paying it on a CASH basis. Tanong ko lang po kung wala na bang maraming queries ang dealership ex: as to where the money was from? do you really have that sum of money? etc. etc., just to avoid any hassle on our part.

Thanks in advance!

Cash or Financing for Brand New Car