New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    I have an NA V6 to suggest to you Car Sales Data (2021)Car Sales Data (2021)Car Sales Data (2021)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Oo na! I’d want one too but out of reach for the mean time. I am more looking at a Legacy GT.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Oo na! I’d want one too but out of reach for the mean time. I am more looking at a Legacy GT.

I love the LGT, especially the wagon.

The LGT, Accord V6, and Camry V6 are the cheapest used car options to get 250 hp stock. Though I feel it won’t be much of an upgrade vs your FXT since the FXT is so potent already.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2013

Legacy GT. Mura na lang ngayon mga 2nd hand. Dami pa low mileage and not as abused as some WRXs and STIs.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    if yoo like pweding the same 268hp in a compact wagon body. subaru levorg. i haven't been near one yet pero yung proportions looks nice.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    I love the LGT, especially the wagon.

The LGT, Accord V6, and Camry V6 are the cheapest used car options to get 250 hp stock. Though I feel it won’t be much of an upgrade vs your FXT since the FXT is so potent already.

The good thing about the Legacy GT is that you can tune it to similar output as the WRX STi or even more. The EJ25 can be tuned up to around 400hp when paired with the 5AT tranny.

The FXT you can only tune to the limits of its CVT tranny (400Nm) or up to the output of the WRX S4 (FA20, 296hp/400Nm). That’s more than enough power for a daily drive CUV.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    The good thing about the Legacy GT is that you can tune it to similar output as the WRX STi or even more. The EJ25 can be tuned up to around 400hp when paired with the 5AT tranny.

The FXT you can only tune to the limits of its CVT tranny (400Nm) or up to the output of the WRX S4 (FA20, 296hp/400Nm). That’s more than enough power for a daily drive CUV.

Tuning up to that power might increase the risk of making the engine go boom boom though...

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006

I think 250 hp is the sweet spot for PH roads and highways. Very few instances where you can go past 250 kph for long stretches. Just my personal opinion of course, I know lots of people who want more power just for the sake of more power.

Kung pang-track naman, a 350-400hp LGT will have difficulty keeping up with a stock STi because of the weight, suspension, and transmission differences.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Happy enough with 2.5 NA Outback. Sayang that local dealers in Manila do not offer the 2.4 Turbo Outback just like the US market.

Driving a wagon is another point of comparison with crossover, better handling with higher ground clearance than crossover.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    The power needs a decent chassis though. My dad's Explorer probably has too much power and it gets squirrelly when you floor it. On the other hand I have a 3-series that could use more power.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by viper888 View Post
    The power needs a decent chassis though. My dad's Explorer probably has too much power and it gets squirrelly when you floor it. On the other hand I have a 3-series that could use more power.
    Front wheel drive? Ganun din yung Focus ecoboost namin pag biglang apak. Ganun yata pag turbo, instant torque, the tires can't handle it.. Parang ma slide haha

Car Sales Data (2021)