New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    SUV/Crossover vs Car

Yes, mas madaming cars sa road bec the "best sellers" we see are cheaper din. I wonder how much dent will the Raize make sa market ng Vios and City

Looking at our office na lang. 4 na lang kami who uses a car.
    After the 4 cars (our Pres not included), may Coolray and Vitara, then its all Fortuner and Everest.

Our President bought a Civic RS a year ago which she uses kapag walang outside meeting as nawala daw traffic during ECQ... pero her normal car is still an Expedition.

its all about preference. My wife and daughter prefers an SUV/Crossover
    I prefer a car

wife and daughter hates it kapag naisasayad nila yung ilalim ng car ko (my car is not even lowered)
    sa loob loob ko... imagine yung galit ko na puro gasgas yung ilalim ng car ko.
    pero outside, I smile and tell them its ok

it's nice to have a trunk (sedan). actually for daily errands and stuff i still prefer to drive the sedan. more practical. better visibility all around. better aerodynamics so better fuel efficiency. ground clearance isn't an issue w/ normal driving. and the aforementioned trunk: nice to have a separate compartment

but i drive the crossover when i need to carry a big box. sedan trunk lids have tiny opening the 200mm ground clearance is also useful on dirt roads or light trails. finally, i can't hang a motorcycle off the back of my sedan, but i could w/ my crossover

2. Join Date
    Jan 2012

The falling demand for sedans is not just a local trend, sales are falling in the USA as well. Personally, I still prefer sedans because they’re nicer to drive. I will probably reconsider that when I settle down.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    kasi most CUV drives like a sedan na.. kaya siguro nag shift ang buyers to CUV.. drives like a sedan.. pero may good ground clearance and more cabin space

4. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    1. Roads are worse now. C5 is god-awful, especially the middle lane. Road “fixes” are very bad patch jobs that make the road uneven - better than potholes, but still bad for soft/low-riding cars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    During my younger days as a salesman, I was assigned a Civic eg, I used this car on rough provincial roads. Also, the place where I lived had roads mostly riddled with potholes. That sedan was tough, and I still think today that they are as fit as our CUVs and SUVs but with better ride. The only thing I hate with a sedan is it's low ride, not because of bad roads but because I am always blinded by the headlights of higher vehicles.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    tsaka isa pa yung mababa talaga sedan.. hirap maupo.. unlike sa CUV.. mas madali pumasok at umupo kasi halos waist level yung seats.. sa sedan kasi need to pull yourself up para lumabas

6. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    just sharing (asaran with an HS/College friend last Christmas)

(2021)
    Me - car
    Him - SUV

pre, maalala mo nung time na ginagawa yung skyway tapos on a weekend morning iniisip natin sa SLEX na kasya yung car natin sa ilalim/gitna ng trailer... ala fast and the furious 1?

tapos nag aasaran tayo kung sino si Bryan o si Dom...

akalain mo, ikaw pala si Hobbs

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    tsaka isa pa yung mababa talaga sedan.. hirap maupo.. unlike sa CUV.. mas madali pumasok at umupo kasi halos waist level yung seats.. sa sedan kasi need to pull yourself up para lumabas
    This is the main reason my dad no longer likes sedans. He enjoys spirited drives as much as I do but the day to day difficulty of ingress and egress makes him choose crossovers these days.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Kung libre lang naman, ok na ako sa sedan. My wife is hinting on getting a sedan for her next corporate car.

I am thinking of getting a sedan for my toy/project car. Driving it on weekends or some spirited runs. I need one with a potent engine - a turbo 4-banger or a big NA V6.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Kung libre lang naman, ok na ako sa sedan. My wife is hinting on getting a sedan for her next corporate car.

I am thinking of getting a sedan for my toy/project car. Driving it on weekends or some spirited runs. I need one with a potent engine - a turbo 4-banger or a big NA V6.

I have an NA V6 to suggest to you Car Sales Data (2021)Car Sales Data (2021)Car Sales Data (2021)

10. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    every time i step out of a sedan without looking, nagugulat ako sa pag apak ko kasi kalye na agad. then andun nga yung pag pull out ng katawan. minsan napapagapang ako palabas hehe

when i upgraded my wife's car to an mpv (crossovers were among the choices), she swore na di na sya babalik sa sedan. sa ride height kasi she can look over other vehicles tapos less kaba pag tumaas tubig sa kalye. then there's the tailgate opening and loading capacity. pwedeng nakatayo yung school bags/strollers so she still has space for groceries.

Car Sales Data (2021)