New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    What I'm surprised with is BMW far outselling Lexus and Mercedes. They did recently release a new 3-series though. All three outsold Volkswagen and Peugeot.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by viper888 View Post
    What I'm surprised with is BMW far outselling Lexus and Mercedes.
    "money to burn."
    heh heh.

sour grapes.

if i have to guess, "company car".

years ago,
    we had this colleague known for his practical style.
    he had recently been employed by a europe-based multinational.
    he was driving a volvo.
    so i asked why.
    "company policy. at my position in the company, this was what i was entitled to."

years later, he had retired and we met again.
    "what happened to the volvo?"
    "it's a money pit to maintain. toyota nako. more practical."
    Last edited by dr. d; February 3rd, 2022 at 10:47 AM.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    A few tidbits that I found interesting:

1. Hyundai declined by another 40%, after already declining 50% last year. A far, far cry from Hyundai in the 2010s when they were 3rd.

2. Enthusiast sites that are famous on the internet aren’t so famous in real life. The CR-V outsold all Subarus combined, the Corolla Cross outsold all Mazdas combined.

3. Toyota has gained more share than any other brand at +3.7 share points. To be market leader and grow that much share is an impressive feat.

4. Volkswagen only sold 441 units, 1/3 of their 2017 number. I wonder if the move to China-produced models has improved their bottom-line, because it has clearly killed their top-line.

5. Mercedes was previously the market leader in the premium segment, but has now been overtaken by both BMW and Lexus. China-sourced new G20 3-series was a hit.

6. The PPV market is consolidating, over half of all PPVs are Fortuners (13k) vs Montero (4.2k), Terra (4k), Everest (1.8k), and MUX (1.1k).

7. Compact sedans are truly a dying breed. The Coolray (3.2k) has outsold all compacts combined - Civic (1.3k), Altis (706), Sylphy (136). No Mazda 3 numbers yet but for sure less than 500 units sold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jut703; February 3rd, 2022 at 10:45 AM.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    "money to burn."
    heh heh.

sour grapes.
    gusto ko din ng BMW pero straight 6 na gas.
    yung ganito:
    images.jpeg.jpg

wala ako pali alam kung mag mukhang pang dom hehe. joking aside i like this m635csi.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by babkalakal View Post
    gusto ko din ng BMW pero straight 6 na gas.
    yung ganito:
    images.jpeg.jpg

wala ako pali alam kung mag mukhang pang dom hehe. joking aside i like this m635csi.
    it doesn't look dom-ish.
    it looks like classic good taste.

i have always wondered how i'd look like, driving a bmw 507 to the workplace...
    Last edited by dr. d; February 3rd, 2022 at 10:52 AM.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    A few tidbits that I found interesting:

1. Hyundai declined by another 40%, after already declining 50% last year. A far, far cry from Hyundai in the 2010s when they were 3rd.

2. Enthusiast sites that are famous on the internet aren’t so famous in real life. The CR-V outsold all Subarus combined, the Corolla Cross outsold all Mazdas combined.

3. Toyota has gained more share than any other brand at +3.7 share points. To be market leader and grow that much share is an impressive feat.

4. Volkswagen only sold 441 units, 1/3 of their 2017 number. I wonder if the move to China-produced models has improved their bottom-line, because it has clearly killed their top-line.

5. Mercedes was previously the market leader in the premium segment, but has now been overtaken by both BMW and Lexus. China-sourced new G20 3-series was a hit.

6. The PPV market is consolidating, over half of all PPVs are Fortuners (13k) vs Montero (4.2k), Terra (4k), Everest (1.8k), and MUX (1.1k).

7. Compact sedans are truly a dying breed. The Coolray (3.2k) has outsold all compacts combined - Civic (1.3k), Altis (706), Sylphy (136). No Mazda 3 numbers yet but for sure less than 500 units sold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    nang hihinayang ako sa hyundai. they built up all the equity based on their value for money only to squander it away. i will guess this can be attributed to their pricing. maybe taxes or what not. they can pose themselves as a premium brand or euro alternative but clearly that hasn't been accepted by the buying public. also bukod sa mahal medyo long in the tooth na yung suv offerings nila.

as with subaru. enthusiast driven mainly and they are a small minority. it would be nice to see yung spread ng sales ng wrx/sti vs regular na impreza. as a corolla or civic alternative mauuna talaga bilhin ang honda at toyota just by brand recall. to the uninitiated yung impreza minsan natatanong "ano yan corolla?"

7. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    it doesn't look dom-ish.
    it looks like classic good taste.

i have always wondered how i'd look like, driving a bmw 507 to the workplace...
    a young elvis pressley?

8. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by viper888 View Post
    What I'm surprised with is BMW far outselling Lexus and Mercedes. They did recently release a new 3-series though. All three outsold Volkswagen and Peugeot.
    my boss replaced his Audi with a 5 series last year...

according to him.

5 series is a better car than his Audi
    he gets more features compared to the similar priced MB

9. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    I agree that the the Coolray (etc) outsold the Corolla (etc)

However you also have to consider that Compact Sedans are way more expensive compared to the Coolray/Territory/MG

(est) 300K diff is a considerable amount of cash and technically the local Japanese brands only have the Rush, BR-V, Xpander Cross and XL-7 as direct competitors to the "Chinese Crossovers"

10. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    interesting to know the g20 is china sourced pero yung 5 series is from malaysia

Car Sales Data (2021)