New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    7 years back, started looking around for a compact daily to sub for the tired gen2 RAV. The Jazz sat atop, but its CVT pushed it way down the list. Timely, the postFord Mazda BM3 just debuted & ticked all the boxes.
    Had I listened to herd opinion, it would've been my loss to not have given Mazda a try. Discovery, a surprise. Longterm ownership?... Pretty much what Consumer Reports & reviews have been sharing. Reliable & fun, respectively. Not uncommon to see those buying now to be them going for their 2nd or 3rd servings.
    Sometimes, you get lucky trying what others won't.Car Sales Data (2020)

pag si travahans talaga mauungkat ang cvt hahahahah.

sa experience mo sa mazda madali ba parts and price-wise hindi ba nangtatagah dahil konti lang sa market?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by kagalingan View Post
    pag si travahans talaga mauungkat ang cvt hahahahah.

sa experience mo sa mazda madali ba parts and price-wise hindi ba nangtatagah dahil konti lang sa market?
    My disaffection is towards the CVT, not those who buy the CVT-equipped, kags sir. As I've been saying, we keep ours longterm, can't CVT. I think we're clear on that.
    Parts? All filters, oil & service for the 1st 3years were covered by Yojin3. Now it's 5. I stick w/ genuine for the oil filter from the dealership. A couple hundred pesos more than some vendors. I have changed to cleaner, better biting Redstuff pads bought online cheaper than OEM. Wear items like the some bushes...I already got SuperPro Poly ones ready in the parts bin. They're not going in til the need comes. The suspension has remained quiet. I haven't had anything gone wrong mechanically nor electronically this far in. I've relative age & odo service comparison w/ other makes we've had...solid, so far.
    Kodos being global architecture platform vehicles, one can source parts pretty much anywhere, not just the dealership, not just locally. The community seems to be enthusiast driven, hence, the aftermarket scene is vibrant & active.
    Various models share parts, too...1 can use a CX5 tensioner on a Mazda 2, so w/ the rear pads. Mazda6 GJ & the 3 BM do share some suspension bits...& they don't stop there.
    The fear for parts availability & cost are more a product of opinion by those who haven't Mazda'd. They're really easier to find than say some larger platform or older Toyotas....& if 1 doesn't know where to look? Free help is available in forums like this 1.Car Sales Data (2020)

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    ilan years ko na din napapansin mataas consumer rating ni mazda sa international.

pero sa gas consumption ilan kilometers per liter mazda 3 and mazda 2 yung hghway driving at 40 to 80kph?

4. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by kagalingan View Post
    ilan years ko na din napapansin mataas consumer rating ni mazda sa international.

pero sa gas consumption ilan kilometers per liter mazda 3 and mazda 2 yung hghway driving at 40 to 80kph?
    Generally? I don't really put much value into ideal world spec sheet MPG. No different from your basic small Honda or Toyota that go 8-9ish on pre-pandemic metro traffic, I'd say. The dash display says quite optimistic numbers at times. Some even show pics of high teens...they don't always agree w/ reality, the average fillup method. MPG here is really traffic, route & foot-weight dependent.
    On relative comparisons, we did notice ironically the 2 units of 1.4L Sonics the company got rid of guzzled like 2.0s, but were much slower than a 1.5. Go figure.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2019
    My sister initially thought Mazda units are gas guzzlers.
    Until she was forced to buy a Mazda 3 2009 unit for 40k pesos (badly damage from major accident).
    Once repaired, it changes her mind regarding Mazda unit and even recommended to buy one if you can afford.
    She also came to realize that the 1.6L Mazda engine is a very fuel efficient car.
    Suspension is still great even it came from major accident.

I thought they will sell it after being repaired but decided to keep the unit until now.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    7 years back, started looking around for a compact daily to sub for the tired gen2 RAV. The Jazz sat atop, but its CVT pushed it way down the list. Timely, the postFord Mazda BM3 just debuted & ticked all the boxes.
    Had I listened to herd opinion, it would've been my loss to not have given Mazda a try. Discovery, a surprise. Longterm ownership?... Pretty much what Consumer Reports & reviews have been sharing. Reliable & fun, respectively. Not uncommon to see those buying now to be them going for their 2nd or 3rd servings.
    Sometimes, you get lucky trying what others won't.Car Sales Data (2020)

Can't blame you bro on the Honda's CVT...

I had the same fear with our Jazz and so with a heavy heart, we disposed of it as soon as possible. We're still loving it (and what its tranny was offering) ...

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Generally? I don't really put much value into ideal world spec sheet MPG. No different from your basic small Honda or Toyota that go 8-9ish on pre-pandemic metro traffic, I'd say. The dash display says quite optimistic numbers at times. Some even show pics of high teens...they don't always agree w/ reality, the average fillup method. MPG here is really traffic, route & foot-weight dependent.
    On relative comparisons, we did notice ironically the 2 units of 1.4L Sonics the company got rid of guzzled like 2.0s, but were much slower than a 1.5. Go figure.

Only a fanatic would believe what's the kpl/mpg displayed on the dash....

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

Only a fanatic would believe what's the kpl/mpg displayed on the dash....
    I've been tracking the actual consumption vs MID consumption of all cars I've owned.

My last 10 fillups (manual vs MID):

- 9.2 vs 9.3
    - 7.4 vs 7.6
    - 8.1 vs 8.3
    - 8.2 vs 8.3
    - 6.8 vs 7.1
    - 8.2 vs 8.3
    - 6.3 vs 6.5
    - 10.8 vs 10.9
    - 7.6 vs 7.8

Actual consumption is roughly 0.1-0.3 km/L from MID consumption. 95% accuracy is good enough, methinks.

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    I've been tracking the actual consumption vs MID consumption of all cars I've owned.

My last 10 fillups (manual vs MID):

- 9.2 vs 9.3
    - 7.4 vs 7.6
    - 8.1 vs 8.3
    - 8.2 vs 8.3
    - 6.8 vs 7.1
    - 8.2 vs 8.3
    - 6.3 vs 6.5
    - 10.8 vs 10.9
    - 7.6 vs 7.8

Actual consumption is roughly 0.1-0.3 km/L from MID consumption. 95% accuracy is good enough, methinks.

Agree with you bro.,- that is a good track....

In my limited experience,- it is at least 15% on the high side (vs. actual).....

10. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

Agree with you bro.,- that is a good track....

In my limited experience,- it is at least 15% on the high side (vs. actual).....

What car/s? All of the cars I've owned so far nasa 95% accuracy talaga ang MID.

I always reset every full tank, all of my fill ups are full tank method (typically below 1/4 tank left). Nagmamatch naman data of MID with manual tracking pag ganun.

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast