The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Galing ng Hyundai

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Galing kamo ng Toyota!

...not a Toyota fan here (just chose a city E over the altis G for several reasons), but I'm really amazed how they are still getting the sales figures. Their absolute # of units sales increase vs last year is still tops (7,000 units over the same period last year), given they had quality / brand issues that should've affected them... and despite an aging lineup of cars.

Pretty impressive how the Vios with old engines that dates back to the late 90s still is the #1 seller in the passenger car segment. Amazing how the aging Innova has no close competitor in its category upto this day. Amazing how you see there are still many new Fortuners out there despite the many "better" choices in that category (namely the MS and the Sta Fe). Amazing how the lackluster Avanza still get quarterly sales figures of about 1,000 units.

Despite these lack of "advancements", and a number of major blows to their brand image of quality, they still get these phenomenal numbers. I wonder why Filipinos are so loyal to this brand?

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Because the Vios is still the car of choice of taxi fleets... That helps sales... Also Toyota is quite aggressive in pricing and discounts so yeah they make do there as well...

4. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Because the Vios is still the car of choice of taxi fleets... That helps sales... Also Toyota is quite aggressive in pricing and discounts so yeah they make do there as well...
    this is one of the main reasons bakit mataas ang sales nang vios. idagdag pa yung gamit ito pang-company car by most companies.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Yes, but nagtataka nga ako why taxi companies are just starting to choose the Accent CRDi when the Accent has been already in the market for a while.

Notice that I didn't put the altis vs civic/focus/3 since I understand why a lot will still choose altis over those. That's why excited ako sa pagdating ng new Elantra and Accent. I would think this would make Altis / Vios buyers (personal use market) think twice about buying a Toyota sedan. Nagsimula na sa Sonata.

Nagtataka lang ako that for the likes of Innova, why doesn't Mitsu go aggressive on their Fusion/Adventure and hit Toyota where it hurts... wala sila kasing kalaban doon. Nagawa naman nila sa Fortuner nung naglabas sila ng MS... as for the Fortuner, talagang namamangha ako na marami parin talaga bumibili ng mga neto. I know sales won't go to zero, but the quantity sold this year considering the MS and the Sta Fe is still stupifying!

And the Avanza, this I believe is truly a marketing genius. Rebadge a Daihatsu car and make it a "Toyota". They cashed in on a pretty weird car segment, imo -- trying to fit 7 or 8 passengers in a really small car. But hey, lots of people are biting the concept. Cr**py quality with room for plenty, but with a low price still equals sales for Toyota.

Galing talaga.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Why Toyota? Simple compared to other brands they have cheaper servicing... I own many brands myself and the Toyota's always had cheaper maintenance costs base on my experience... They were never troublesome... But then again I never had a D4-D so...

Yes magaling talaga product placement and marketing ng Toyota. And when I say marketing that already includes the 5 P's of marketing...

7. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    the only thing that makes me stay away from getting a Toyota is the CASA. syempre, kung sila ang leading sa sales, that would mean more Toyotas on the road and therefore, mas pila sa CASA at anytime of the day. our last Toyota was way back 93 pa.

so kmusta ba ang servicing nila

8. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by homer jay View Post
    Galing kamo ng Toyota!

...not a Toyota fan here (just chose a city E over the altis G for several reasons), but I'm really amazed how they are still getting the sales figures. Their absolute # of units sales increase vs last year is still tops (7,000 units over the same period last year), given they had quality / brand issues that should've affected them... and despite an aging lineup of cars.

Pretty impressive how the Vios with old engines that dates back to the late 90s still is the #1 seller in the passenger car segment. Amazing how the aging Innova has no close competitor in its category upto this day. Amazing how you see there are still many new Fortuners out there despite the many "better" choices in that category (namely the MS and the Sta Fe). Amazing how the lackluster Avanza still get quarterly sales figures of about 1,000 units.

Despite these lack of "advancements", and a number of major blows to their brand image of quality, they still get these phenomenal numbers. I wonder why Filipinos are so loyal to this brand?
    the secret is they have their own bank Metrobank ba heheh

9. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    quoted by homer jay

Yes, but nagtataka nga ako why taxi companies are just starting to choose the Accent CRDi when the Accent has been already in the market for a while.

Yes, but they realize that they need an alternative aside from those LPG-powered taxis which are gasoline fed, and think of the past (read: Isuzu Gemini). They want to have a cheaper fuel that will up their "kita" and boundary, the minor setback would be maintenance.

Notice that I didn't put the altis vs civic/focus/3 since I understand why a lot will still choose altis over those. That's why excited ako sa pagdating ng new Elantra and Accent. I would think this would make Altis / Vios buyers (personal use market) think twice about buying a Toyota sedan. Nagsimula na sa Sonata.

What will happen sa sales ng Altis now that they released the facelifted version? And the vios is still the undisputed leader of car sales. As for the sonata/elantra, so far, madalang ko pang nakikita sa mga kalsada ang mga ito.

Nagtataka lang ako that for the likes of Innova, why doesn't Mitsu go aggressive on their Fusion/Adventure and hit Toyota where it hurts... wala sila kasing kalaban doon. Nagawa naman nila sa Fortuner nung naglabas sila ng MS... as for the Fortuner, talagang namamangha ako na marami parin talaga bumibili ng mga neto. I know sales won't go to zero, but the quantity sold this year considering the MS and the Sta Fe is still stupifying!

Oo nga, kung nagawa ng Mitsubishi na kunin ang mga prospective buyers ng Fort/Everest/Alterra na bumili ng Montero, bakit di naman sa Fuzion? mukhang nilangaw ata ito; madalang ko rin makita ang Fuzion despite its superior features than its competitor, the innova. But mind you that the fuzion is a bit pricey compared to the innova across all variants. Adventure ok pa, pero way outdated na siya, like the crosswind. Correct ka regarding sa Fortuner, kahit mas marami nang bumibili ng Montero, the Fort still sells decently.

And the Avanza, this I believe is truly a marketing genius. Rebadge a Daihatsu car and make it a "Toyota". They cashed in on a pretty weird car segment, imo -- trying to fit 7 or 8 passengers in a really small car. But hey, lots of people are biting the concept. Cr**py quality with room for plenty, but with a low price still equals sales for Toyota.

Despite some negative comments dito sa thread re: Avanza as rebadged Daihatsu Xenia, mabenta pa rin sya as what some users say in the Avanza thread, kahit private owners or taxi operators. car-based ang avanza but RWD siya. As far as I saw on the roads, mas mabenta ang entry level ng Avanza. And this serves an alternative for the innova na di makaka-afford sa budget beyond 800k sa innova.

Disclaimer: We own an avanza.

Galing talaga.

unquote.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Car Sales for 1st Qtr, 2010