New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    actually we were in the same situation last Dec 2011. although kami may 4month old na daughter na po. if you are getting a auv/suv better get a diesel engine. if plano magdrive ni misis then AT na talaga dapat. eto yung mga choices namin dati. gusto tlga nmin is montero or fortuner pero medyo out of budget na. currently we own a 2nd gen vios.

1. tucson - nakadrive na ko at feeling ko medyo cramped yung interior. it's just like a car na mataas ang clearance
    2. innova - looks ordinary at common
    3. sportivo - common feedback is maitim ang usok after a year
    4. asx - ok sa japorms kung single ka pa.
    5. sorento - pinaka marami features sa price point niya
    6. avanza - budget wise pero underpowered

ended up getting the innova d4d.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Mga sir,

ano ba ang kaibahan ng GLS-V 4x2 - 11MY at GLS-V 4x2 - 12MY? Difference of 30k sa website ng mitsubishi.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by mang_jose View Post
    Mga sir,

ano ba ang kaibahan ng GLS-V 4x2 - 11MY at GLS-V 4x2 - 12MY? Difference of 30k sa website ng mitsubishi.
    year ata yan 2011 vs 2012

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    if i may suggest... get a diesel innova E. less than 1M. hindi ka magsisisi.
    looks ordinary? why, are you gonna ride it, or are you joining it in a beauty contest?
    and when the baby comes along, you'll still have lots of comfortable space for the yaya and baby, the clothes and milk, stroller and the kitchen sink.
    Last edited by dr. d; April 4th, 2012 at 06:37 AM.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Kung sawa ka na sa Innova, subukan si Orlando. Parang matibay at mabigat. Baka magkakatalo sa FC.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Thanks for the input guys!

We are now leaning on Mitsubishi Montero Sport 2.5 AT GLX, the non-VGT version. Ipon-ipon muna ng pang dagdag sa down payment... How much do you think is the maintenance for this vehicle every year?

7. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Sometimes you have to ask yourself, bakit kaagad binebenta ng owner yung sasakyan after owning it for several months ? Nagsasawa ? Bilis naman....

Looking at your choices, I believe a 2nd hand Montero or 3.0L D4D Fortuner would be the perfect vehicle for you. Big enough for a family, can ford floods easily, pretty comfortable (though among the two, I believe the Montero provides a more comfortable ride. Can't really attest as to how comfortable it is since sa Fortuner palang ako nakakasakay), and both are fuel efficient too. Diesel pa.

Meron naman talagang owners na naglelet-go ng kotse after 2-3 years so finding a fresh unit wouldn't be a problem.
    oo nga. ambilis naman atang magsawa kung ganon. well, 1.) baka nga may mga taong sadyang madaling magsawa sa cars at merong gustong bagong bilhin, or 2.) maybe he's not satisfied with it, or 3.) worst, drowning in debt because nagpilit bumili ng brand new ride? kaya TS, be careful, you might end up like the no. 3. Maraming ganyan, nagpupumilit ng bumili ng brand new car in installment/bank financing, and its too late for them to realize that they can no longer afford to pay their loan, so they end up selling their unit to someone who is willing to assume it, worse, yong iba, nare-repossessed ang units at nasasayang lang yong binayad na down payment and monthly installments. Remember that you are also planning to purchase a condo unit thru loan in 2014.

But if you really want the hyundai tucson and you can pay the same in installment, then, go for it. Just convince your wife to sacrifice some of your wants to afford the same. Montero is also a good option.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    For me, I'll be a tossup between the Monty and the Innova. Really depends if you need the MPV flexibility or not. In most cases, it's a NO so get the Monty nalang. Not to mention you'll feel pogi behind the wheel

I still do think the 1.8GLS Elantra is a good buy. Who says compact cars can't be family cars? (versus the Monty) First, you save on the upfront cost, on the maintenance costs, and you also save on the gas cost. Remember, you're just starting out... so unless you have plans in being the energizer bunny and going humpy-dumpy years to get X number of kids, seating space shouldn't be an issue. The factor you'll be watching out for is ground clearance on expectation of flooding. Since I drive a sedan, I know firsthand how annoying it is navigating Manila while avoiding flooded areas. But if your area isn't prone to heavy flooding, then give the Elantra a try. (tip: ground clearance? learn to do the "otcho" on village humps)

As a starting family, I highly advocate paying attention to your financials ;)

Good luck on the waiting list for the Elantra though..

9. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    I would suggest to re examine your priorities and finances. From the looks of it, medyo tight ang budget and and it would eat up a lot of your finances if you were to get a new car. Remember that hindi lang monthly ammortization ang babayaran nyo and there are operating expenses such as fuel, maintainance, annual insurance etc. My advice is to loan. Save muna kayo so that you will have extra funds lalo na when you plan to have kids and raising kids are expensive. Mahirap if all your income goes to paying the ammortization rather than allowing you to enjoy your hard earned income. I worked for a bank and often see young couples get a loan for a nice car then 1 year after it gets reposessed kasi di nakakayanan ang monthly. A good benchmark if you are ready is to calculate your earnings and if after all your expenses plus the loan and you still end up saving 10 to 20% of your income then it means you can afford it

If gusto nyo talaga and since dalawa lang kayo get a small car. Lesser gas bills, maintainin it will also be cheap as well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Car purchase for a starting family Part 2