New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by maclab View Post
    Oo ng eh, wala pa tayong real world feedback dito or kahit sa ibang forums.
    Hi Guys, On my opinion based on personal experience of having 1.5G all new Vios, It has all the power you need but since the body has a lighter weight than the latter, we can assume that the 1.3E versions still has the ample amount of power to strive. When it comes to body, its overall better than the previous vios and also sa fiesta. What I really like most is the looks of a combined Lancer EX and Honda City for the facelift.

For me:

Exterior wise: Vios > Fiesta (9/10 for Vios) (7/10 for Fiesta)
    Interior: Vios has the elegant and sporty design so its not bad for the score but what Im fond of to Fiesta is the Entertainment system. LCD screen and voice control is a rocking technology which is fun to use. Just think that your trying to change music by just saying "Play music Pusong Bato" over the voice control. Fiesta > Vios (9/10 Fiesta) (8/10 Vios) Take note: back seat of fiesta doesnt have the comfy leg room while the All new Vios has enough space.

Overall since I didnt drive Fiesta yet, Im going for the Vios when it comes to overall function except for the entertainment system :p

Hope this would help.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2013
    will not even consider fiesta. best buy in its category would be vios if ur also considering unit cost. peru if not, overall da city wins .

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkaven View Post
    Hi Guys, On my opinion based on personal experience of having 1.5G all new Vios, It has all the power you need but since the body has a lighter weight than the latter, we can assume that the 1.3E versions still has the ample amount of power to strive. When it comes to body, its overall better than the previous vios and also sa fiesta. What I really like most is the looks of a combined Lancer EX and Honda City for the facelift.

For me:

Exterior wise: Vios > Fiesta (9/10 for Vios) (7/10 for Fiesta)
    Interior: Vios has the elegant and sporty design so its not bad for the score but what Im fond of to Fiesta is the Entertainment system. LCD screen and voice control is a rocking technology which is fun to use. Just think that your trying to change music by just saying "Play music Pusong Bato" over the voice control. Fiesta > Vios (9/10 Fiesta) (8/10 Vios) Take note: back seat of fiesta doesnt have the comfy leg room while the All new Vios has enough space.

Overall since I didnt drive Fiesta yet, Im going for the Vios when it comes to overall function except for the entertainment system :p

Hope this would help.
    If you're a driving enthusiast/ car guy, you'd appreciate the Fiesta's handling, performance and solid build, characteristics that can be traced back to its Ford of Europe roots. It's also one of the safest cars in its segment.
    If you want a decent car to get you from point A to point B, then get a Vios.
    Last edited by AG4; November 18th, 2013 at 09:35 AM.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2013
    How about ford fiesta titanium 2014 vs honda city 1.5EL? When i checked both, mas spacious pa rin city as compare to fiesta given na 5'6 lang ako. I mean when i tried fiesta parang masikip sa likod... Pero i can forgo that because mejo techie ako at nagugustuhan ko yung mga gimmick nya hehehe... Pero in terms of practicality given the current economic situation, ano po ba ang better sa kanilang dalawa?

5. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by AG4 View Post
    If you're a driving enthusiast/ car guy, you'd appreciate the Fiesta's handling, performance and solid build, characteristics that can be traced back to its Ford of Europe roots. It's also one of the safest cars in its segment.
    If you want a decent car to get you from point A to point B, then get a Vios.
    i cannot agree with the fiesta's performance. it's a bit lacking. although i agree with handling and solid build. add to that the features inside

6. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by jhimz016 View Post
    How about ford fiesta titanium 2014 vs honda city 1.5EL? When i checked both, mas spacious pa rin city as compare to fiesta given na 5'6 lang ako. I mean when i tried fiesta parang masikip sa likod... Pero i can forgo that because mejo techie ako at nagugustuhan ko yung mga gimmick nya hehehe... Pero in terms of practicality given the current economic situation, ano po ba ang better sa kanilang dalawa?
    The Vios will always be the more practical choice. Always.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jhimz016 View Post
    How about ford fiesta titanium 2014 vs honda city 1.5EL? When i checked both, mas spacious pa rin city as compare to fiesta given na 5'6 lang ako. I mean when i tried fiesta parang masikip sa likod...
    Adjust the front seat to the proper position (for the correct driving position) and you will notice there should be enough space at the rear. I noticed many test/ display units have their front seats moved back.
    I'm also around 5'6" and I have enough knee-room when seated at the back seat of a Fiesta.
    I recall this Fiesta review, when a British car reviewer was showing he only had over an inch of space between his knees and the backrest of the front seats which was adjusted to his height, of course he was 5'11". I'm sure shorter people won't have much of a problem.

Proper Driving/ Seating Position:
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f478InegqRw]Safe Driving Tip #3: Seating Position - YouTube[/ame]
    Last edited by AG4; November 22nd, 2013 at 05:45 AM.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    na address na po ba ang issue ng Ford's powershift? particularly the dual clutch transmission system nila?

I really like the ford fiesta ecoboost but the problem is the top of the line variant comes only in automatic and i've read a lot about sa transmission isuues ng fiesta. i have read horror stories also sa ford club philippines regarding ford's powershift cars. some claim na right after ilabas nila sa dealership yung car naramdaman na nila yung problema. others say na pabalik balik sila sa casa to fix the transmission or update the firmware. Nakakahinayang kasi i really like everything in Ford Fiesta. the looks, power, safety and security features at kung ano ano pa.

Anybody here na nakakuha na ng fiesta lately? na address na kaya ng ford transmission issues nila?

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    ^^^ I have a Fiesta Ecoboost and I am very happy with it. No question on its performance. It can scoot away easily and has enough juice to keep on accelerating even in triple digit speeds. Max torque is available at less than 3k rpm but you can still feel it pull further at 4k-5k rpm (I think it's the overboost function). Handling is great, even if it has electronic power steering, firm and composed. The suspension maybe a bit on the firm side but I like it that way. It's not a boring drive.

Regarding the Powershift issues, I never experienced the jerking issues. However, driving a 6DCT is not like driving the usual torque-converter AT or CVT tranny. You can feel the clutch engaging in low gears and you have to learn to manage to step on the gas pedal. The gears disengages once you get to a stop and engages on 1st gear on a low crawl then snaps on to 2nd gear if you put more pressure on the gas pedal. On the straights, once you get past 3rd gear, it can get to 6th gear easily once you floor that gas pedal.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Sa looks lamang si Fiesta pero cost of ownership and reliability sa Vios na ko.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast