The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I'd go for the new Vios

2. Join Date
    Apr 2013
    looks - "may nakita ka na bang taxi sa pinas na ford?"

maintenance - "yung madaming spare parts" (thinking masisira agad ang car)

3. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by xagent_orangex View Post

No offense meant sir, pero anong kinalaman ng looks sa pagiging taxi?

IMHO, laki ng improvement ng 3rd Gen Vios in terms of looks.

*TS - I guess the 3rd Gen Vios has a soft spot for our wives . My wife is convincing me as well to replace our sedan with a Vios.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by xagent_orangex View Post

ironically, dito sa Australia mas madalas ko makita ang Ford na taxi..
    but still kahit sa Pinas madaming Vios, i think di magandang basis un...
    but i understand na likas sa Pinoy ang maghangad ng maganda at class
    I personally like Fiesta kasi class tignan, yet Vios is not too bad.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by boytsiks View Post
    No offense meant sir, pero anong kinalaman ng looks sa pagiging taxi?

IMHO, laki ng improvement ng 3rd Gen Vios in terms of looks.

*TS - I guess the 3rd Gen Vios has a soft spot for our wives . My wife is convincing me as well to replace our sedan with a Vios.
    I guess women by nature will choose reliability over looks... parang pag-ibig lang ba. :D

6. Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by maclab View Post
    If ever may discounts sa Elantra 1.6 M/T and Altis 1.6E M/T, baka maconsider ko pa..
    But is it true na kahit same displacement between B-segment and C-segment cars, mas matipid pa din ung sa B-segment?
    Say 1.6 Fiesta vs 1.6 Focus, mas matipid pa din Fiesta? or the FC difference is negligible?

Im not sure but parang may discount yung Altis nung nagtanong kami

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by maclab View Post
    ironically, dito sa Australia mas madalas ko makita ang Ford na taxi..
    but still kahit sa Pinas madaming Vios, i think di magandang basis un...
    but i understand na likas sa Pinoy ang maghangad ng maganda at class
    I personally like Fiesta kasi class tignan, yet Vios is not too bad.
    The Ford Fiesta is not just for looks, it's not only one of the safest B-segment cars available in the market, it's also one of the best-handling cars in the B-segment.

The difference between Ford and Toyota in the Philippines is Ford was absent for a long period, so non-car enthusiasts (which is a large chunk of the general public) feel more familiar with the Toyota brand.
    A lot of young buyers also associate Ford with the large V8 Expedition and F-150 since these were the first Ford models sold here when Ford returned to the Philippines. What they don't know is Ford's European arm has been producing class-leading small and medium cars that were never sold here until recently.
    We've had many Fords and some Toyotas too in the family, between the Vios and the Fiesta, i'd still go for the Fiesta.

The maintenance costs of the mainstream ASEAN-assembled Ford models (Fiesta, Focus, Ranger, Everest etc) is almost the same as their modern Japanese-branded counterparts.
    Ford parts can be bought in Banawe, QC.

In Australia, the default is to use large locally made cars for taxi like the Ford Falcon, Holden Commodore, while some taxi operators even use Toyota Camrys.

Decades of irresponsible taxi drivers/ operators (not all, of course) have given Taxis a bad image here in the Philippines.
    Last edited by AG4; September 1st, 2013 at 10:34 PM.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    *TS - lurk ka rin sa mga forums ng owners nito. Both are quite new releases so di natin alam kung may sakit ang mga ito o wala. So far ang nasagap ko lang on the new Vios ay naninipisan sila sa kaha, may parang latang tunog when they close the door.

Sad to say wala pang masyadong owners feedback sa new Fiesta. Kung ito mapili nyo makikibalita na lang po kami sa inyo, FR.

Sent from my mind using Telepathy 2

9. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by AG4 View Post
    The Ford Fiesta is not just for looks, it's not only one of the safest B-segment cars available in the market, it's also one of the best-handling cars in the B-segment.

The difference between Ford and Toyota in the Philippines is Ford was absent for a long period, so non-car enthusiasts (which is a large chunk of the general public) feel more familiar with the Toyota brand.
    A lot of young buyers also associate Ford with the large V8 Expedition and F-150 since these were the first Ford models sold here when Ford returned to the Philippines. What they don't know is Ford's European arm has been producing class-leading small and medium cars that were never sold here until recently.
    We've had many Fords and some Toyotas too in the family, between the Vios and the Fiesta, i'd still go for the Fiesta.

The maintenance costs of the mainstream ASEAN-assembled Ford models (Fiesta, Focus, Ranger, Everest etc) is almost the same as their modern Japanese-branded counterparts.
    Ford parts can be bought in Banawe, QC.

In Australia, the default is to use large locally made cars for taxi like the Ford Falcon, Holden Commodore, while some taxi operators even use Toyota Camrys.

Decades of irresponsible taxi drivers/ operators (not all, of course) have given Taxis a bad image here in the Philippines.

Well said... i think its about time for buyers to explore more on other options.
    Sabi ko kay misis, i-test drive pa rin namin parehas... huling baraha ko na yan para sa Fiesta. haha!
    Baka magbago pa isip.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by e2romo View Post
    *TS - lurk ka rin sa mga forums ng owners nito. Both are quite new releases so di natin alam kung may sakit ang mga ito o wala. So far ang nasagap ko lang on the new Vios ay naninipisan sila sa kaha, may parang latang tunog when they close the door.

Sad to say wala pang masyadong owners feedback sa new Fiesta. Kung ito mapili nyo makikibalita na lang po kami sa inyo, FR.

Sent from my mind using Telepathy 2
    Oo ng eh, wala pa tayong real world feedback dito or kahit sa ibang forums.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast