New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    I also find it annoying that there are very few options for "Certified Pre-Owned Cars" locally...

Even if you find one, it will cost you! (although it will come with a year warranty)

My Japanese friends can buy a used car online and have the car delivered to the airport so that they can drive it home! The car's complete history is available to them which allows them to decide one car over the other.
    Here in the US they have CarFax - which will at least show you any insurance claims against the vehicle and also maintenance, IF the previous owner had taken the car to a dealership for maintenance. Definitely not fool proof - but you have something to start with.

This is a business opportunity for someone to start a service that would provide a PDI or Pre Delivery Inspection and maybe give a 30 or 60 day warranty with that service If you do start one, hati ako ;-)

2. Join Date
    May 2017
    Pa sakay lang po dito sa thread di pa ako makagawa ng sarili. Regarding po mechanic for used cars, allowed naman po ba sa mga repoes or bank auto mart mag full inspection po ng prospect car. sorry newbie question. salamat po

3. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by urbanmetal View Post
    mechanic / repair shop to assist in used car purchase. where can i find one?
    Need 188-point inspection when buying a used car? | Visor

Now, it is launching its on-demand service that will make it easier for customers to examine a used vehicle from a private seller. For P2,600, you can have a mobile surveyor deployed to the location of the vehicle. They will then check the exterior, the interior, the engine, and the undercarriage. Using special tools, they can also inspect specific parts like the vehicle’s battery, the alternator, and even look at paint thickness and the subframe to see if the car has been damaged, flooded, or repaired in the past.

This entire process will take around 45 minutes to complete on-site, after which findings will be immediately disclosed to the customer. If the client should desire, he or she may download a complete inspection report after 24 hours. And if these vehicles pass the 188-point inspection, clients may also avail of a warranty for the used car—if it is younger than three years.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    i like this!
    affordable, too, in my opinion.

it may not be perfect, but it does give one a better feel on the car.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i like this!
    affordable, too, in my opinion.

it may not be perfect, but it does give one a better feel on the car.
    188 point inspection is too much and may result in a more confused buyer.

Will they indicate that a wornout part of used vehicle is a result of a normal usage wear and tear?

6. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Lew_Alcindor View Post
    188 point inspection is too much and may result in a more confused buyer.
    confused seller din... my question is will banks allow these "inspections" for repossessed cars.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    up dito, planning to buy second hand car din, may kilala ba kayong trusted mechanic?

8. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    try mo channel ni JeepDoctorPH.
    he provides assistance to those buying 2nd hand cars.
    Quote Originally Posted by cipherphinx06 View Post
    up dito, planning to buy second hand car din, may kilala ba kayong trusted mechanic?

9. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    nakita ko lang car mechanic for used car inspection

https://youtu.be/_kXiI8351iI

baka walang bayad kapag na-feature sa vids

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123