New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    Sa buong buhay ko ngayon nga lang ako nakarinig ng per panel

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
    some pintors use it as a rough gauge in estimating the cost of car painting.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by 17Sphynx17 View Post
    I've never encountered nor has my family (parents) a comprehensive insurance coverage that is "per panel". The standard as stated by others is "per incident".

So say i get side swiped and it hits a lot of panels on the right side of the vehicle. all related repairs for that fall under 1 incident and 1 participation fee max will be charged. However, if in the course of the claim, I decide the apply for repair for something on the left side (late filing for another incident as an example), then that will fall under a 2nd incident with its accompanying participation fee for said incident.

Perhaps you can review your insurance policy. Heck, I'd much appreciate to see how a "per panel" coverage is worded so I know how it is phrased to avoid it.
    Eto lang nakalagay so I might be wrong with my interpretation

Deductible : - Own Damage & Theft/Acts of Nature/ RSSC: Fixed PHP 3,000 on each and every loss
    Authorized Repair Limit: Deductible + Towing (Php500.00)

3. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by carxynogen View Post
    Eto lang nakalagay so I might be wrong with my interpretation
    each accident is considered as a loss, no matter how many panels or parts may be affected

4. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Mukhang t*nga yung insurance na may participation per panel.

Mas mahal pa participation than cost of having the repair sa talyer. Look for another insurance
    Quote Originally Posted by papi smith View Post
    each accident is considered as a loss, no matter how many panels or parts may be affected
    Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

5. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by sirkosero View Post
    Mukhang t*nga yung insurance na may participation per panel.

Mas mahal pa participation than cost of having the repair sa talyer. Look for another insurance

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    Hehe, oo nga ano, di ko naisip yun ah, 3k participation for a 2k job done outside Car Insurance choices

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

6. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    People's general, 3 months before dumating LOA, now I'm waiting for the payment for the Casa repairs.

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by Archerfish View Post
    Right, but in my case with Charter Pinggan, they charged me double, and there was even a plastic trim that they didn't replace. I didn't bother renewing my insurance from them. I paid almost 19,000 Pesos back then.

Previously with CGIC, I only paid the participation fee and nothing else. The damages were the front wheel and one panel. However, they charge a hefty price. For a three year old car, they are charging about 35,000 Pesos.

With the one I have right now, Nica of PhilBritish, I have two panels damaged plus the rear wheel. I only paid the participation fee plus the one charged by the dealership, which is expensive, and I forgot what's it called, deductible or something. Overall cost is almost 10,000 Pesos.
    Yeah. Charter Pinggan nga rin ito. Inhouse of Toyota. I will not renew my insurance with them anymore. Sa iba nalang next time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by Deestone View Post
    Better check your insurance policy. It should be participation fee per incident if this is not the case then don't get insurance from them.
    Policy said per incident talaga sir Dee. Pero yun coordinator ng insurance said they don’t believe daw na single incident lang kasi hiwa-hiwalay yun areas of damage. I said i cannot choose where the mangoes will fall and it was windy later in the afternoon that day. I was at the hospital so hindi ko namove yun car. Nasa gilid nga ako ng trees e, not exactly underneath. So baka nahanginan talaga. Iniinsist nila na different incidents daw. Car Insurance choices

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by rd81 View Post
    Sorry if OOT, but would like to ask the experts here.
    Is it true that the insurance company would charge participation fee per panel be be repaired? Nahulugan kasi ng mangoes yun car while in the parking lot, broke the windshield and dented some panels, and the one in charge sa insurance sa Toyota said I need to pay 15k participation fee! I said that’s too much, that’s almost the price of an entire policy! Sabi nya per panel daw kasi ang charge. I said as far as I know, fixed ang participation fee. I am using their inhouse insurance. This is a Rav4 2018.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    yes, the participation fee is per event, regardless of how many panels are involved in that single event.

but i ask,
    did the hulugan part occur in just one fell swoop?
    or did it happen several times over a significantly longer period of time, within which time you failed to move your car to a safer place?
    you did say you were indisposed, during the interval.
    makes for arguable argument from either side...
    Last edited by dr. d; June 12th, 2021 at 10:40 AM.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Dati madali lang yan, ung accredited shop na lang ang bahala, no more participation, pirma ka lang sa dulo ng blank paper, pero mahigpit na ata ngayon, lalo na at sobrang baba na ng premium compared dati.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tsikot Forums mobile app