New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Given the options, I would suggest the Toyota Corolla Altis as your safest option.
    Being an Altis owner (with a family), i agree to this if it's one car to take around, day-to-day and for the occasional long drive. Fuel consumption is acceptable, power is ample to climb and pass slow vehicles, size and comfort is there, crash worthiness ratings are notable, and it will still look good 10-15 years from now if you maintain it well and keep it nice and clean.

The Innova is likewise a good contender you really are after space and you can also consider the gasoline variant (m/t) if you're a little concerned about fuel quality and the like; the m/t will still give decent fuel consumption returns just as well when you're on the highway. The Innova won't scrape those Baguio inclines and driveways even if fully loaded. :D If you're just 3-4 though, it would may end up being too big for your use and might encourage unwanted extra passengers or "pahiram" from user-friendly relatives and friends so ponder on that closely.
    Last edited by vinj; April 30th, 2013 at 09:15 AM.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Innova E diesel. hirap yun gas umakyat sa baguio(A/T variant). Pwede din altis pero in 10 years time malamang may dagdag na anak pati yaya kaya innova na lang. and madali i-drive and park ang innova di tulad ng full sized vans na hi ace o starex.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Hi Tsikoteers!

We already made a decision and we would like to thank everyone with their inputs. The decision came from Wifey (at bilang lambing, she always has the last say) and to tell you honestly, the decision came unexpectedly and abruptly - with just one look! Couldn't argue more, she's fixated with her beauty in Veloster Red - our hunting ended with the Accent CRDI A/T. I'm hoping against hope that the reliability will last 10-15 years. (But we know that our fellow tsikoteers are always willing to share their knowledge should such circumstances arise).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12