New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Hehehe yun pa inisip mo... Anyway, basta naman hindi 1.3J na white eh ayos lang para di mukang taxi. Admit it kaya lang ayaw mo Avanza kasi nagwagwapuhan ka sa Jazz!
    Actually, for cargo carrying purposes (ie. balikbayan boxes), the Avanza 1.3 J taxi is better than other Avanza variants bec. it does not have the third row seats so more room for cargo.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    hinda ba sayarin or masyadong mababa na ang jazz pag may karga na ito baka pag abot ng baguio madami ng tama. lalo nat balikbayan boxes pa yung ilalagay kaya for sure mabigat yun.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by number001 View Post
    Actually, for cargo carrying purposes (ie. balikbayan boxes), the Avanza 1.3 J taxi is better than other Avanza variants bec. it does not have the third row seats so more room for cargo.
    Well sya nagsabi ayaw nya mukang taxi... So I said don't get a white 1.3J and I didn't say don't buy the 1.3J itself.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by akosila View Post
    Hi there, Im new here in this forum but its almost 2 months now when i start reading in this forums and until now that i can't wait and i can't find the answers I wanna hear (or rather read :D )

My family is planning to buy me a new car, but they want it to use it for fetching the balikbayans and they want to have a compartment or place where to put the balikbayan boxes...

my choices are:

Honda Jazz 1.3 - kc i like M/T ,okay lang po kaya ito kahit 1.3 kahit taga baguio po ako? at pano pag nalagyan siya ng 2 balikbayan boxes? kaya prin po kaya? kasya po ba yung mga boxes kahit hindi naka fold yung rear seats?

Innova G MT - Masyadong malaki pero yun nga marami ring space for balikbayan boxes

Nissan Grand Livina - Smaller than Innova

So kapwa mga tsikoters can you please help me?
    Sir bale sagutin ko na lang po ng diretso yun mga questions mo. I wont be able to give u an answer kung which is better for you kase only you can answer that and I think it will depend on your priorities and also sa inputs n decisions ng family members mo. i can only give you inputs which can help you or confuse u more

[SIZE=4]Jazz[/SIZE]: generally if you have a small engine, you'll have less power. for uphill you'll need more torque. diesel engine "usually" have more torque than gas engines (same engine size, but maybe you can change that with reprogramming the ecu). honda jazz/fit is classified as hatchback subcompact CAR, i dont believe that it was really designed for the purpose of hauling/transporting things. For me its just a marketing strategy and an added bonus for the honda jazz. and again for me the purpose of the honda jazz is a "point a to point b" car. I bought the honda jazz because i usually drive alone, its easy to park and drive considering the traffic here in manila, good fuel consumption, good looks, and that mostly point a to point b lang ako (house - office - house).

[SIZE=4]Innova: [/SIZE] is classified as a MPV (Multi-Purpose Vehicle) or AUV (Asian Utility Vehicle). For me this means that its designed to transport a number people or probably bigger items/things. If you're going to transport more people, a van is more appropriate and so on... if you're going to transport huge items better get a pick up which can carry oversize items n heavy loads and so on...
    The avanza is considered as a mini-MPV, so from there mini compared to innova.

[SIZE=4]Grand Livina[/SIZE]: is classified as a compact MPV. For me its more of a people carrier.

Nowadays its quite difficult to really draw the line and define what category a vehicle really belong. its just that there are some organizations who control the classification of vehicles based from standards defined by the organization, parang ganun.

Anyway another point is, not just because maliit ang size ng vehicle d ka na pwede mag carry ng a lot of things. pero what they didn't tell you that its limited sa weight ng pwede i-karga mo. ie. honda jazz is advertised that it has a rear cargo space of 384 Liter (384 Liters of pure water is equal to 384kg) even when carrying 5 adults. Some car manufacturers equates 1 person to 75kg. The curb weight of the car is from 1,085kg-1,122kg (as stated in the manual). Lets do the math, thats 1,122kg (curb weight of the car) + 375kg (75kg x 5 people) + 384kg (full cargo load assuming we can really put 384L of water to achieve 384kg) = 1881kg. As stated in the manual Max permissible weight is 1,470kg (taiwan models kase yun lang available, for other countries ask dealer for info daw). Max permissible axle weight (taiwan model again) front = 810kg, rear = 680kg... total of 1490kg. kahit na ano, overloaded na tayo. axle, chassis n suspension affected jan.

the tire size ng 1.5 is 185/55R16 83H. 83 is the load index/capacity of the tire which is 487kg per tire with a tire pressure of 35psi, so thats times 4 tires = 1948kg. yes kaya ng tires, may allowance tayo ng 67kg (1948kg load carrying capacity of the 4 tires - 1881kg our jazz with full load) but remember your tire pressure should be 35psi. thats really a small margin, sinasagad na natin yun capacity ng tire, if we dont put the right tire pressure pwede mag karoon ng tire failure. Pero not just because kaya ng tires it means na kaya na ng car...

anyway my point is hindi kaya ng jazz sagad sagad sa kargahan, and there's a lot of factors you have to consider since may mga limitations din. so if u really gonna put loads of stuff probably get another vehicle more suitable.

Anyway to end my long lecture hehehe kase medyo nang gugulo na ako, i dont think that there's a car that "got it all" hehehe not unless SM ang gumawa ng car "we've got it all" hehehe my advise is set u're priorities, decide which is more important.

*My opinion only, i might be wrong*

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I think you just lost him at "hello"....

6. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by gian227243 View Post
    Sir bale sagutin ko na lang po ng diretso yun mga questions mo. I wont be able to give u an answer kung which is better for you kase only you can answer that and I think it will depend on your priorities and also sa inputs n decisions ng family members mo. i can only give you inputs which can help you or confuse u more

[SIZE=4]Jazz[/SIZE]: generally if you have a small engine, you'll have less power. for uphill you'll need more torque. diesel engine "usually" have more torque than gas engines (same engine size, but maybe you can change that with reprogramming the ecu). honda jazz/fit is classified as hatchback subcompact CAR, i dont believe that it was really designed for the purpose of hauling/transporting things. For me its just a marketing strategy and an added bonus for the honda jazz. and again for me the purpose of the honda jazz is a "point a to point b" car. I bought the honda jazz because i usually drive alone, its easy to park and drive considering the traffic here in manila, good fuel consumption, good looks, and that mostly point a to point b lang ako (house - office - house).

[SIZE=4]Innova: [/SIZE] is classified as a MPV (Multi-Purpose Vehicle) or AUV (Asian Utility Vehicle). For me this means that its designed to transport a number people or probably bigger items/things. If you're going to transport more people, a van is more appropriate and so on... if you're going to transport huge items better get a pick up which can carry oversize items n heavy loads and so on...
    The avanza is considered as a mini-MPV, so from there mini compared to innova.

[SIZE=4]Grand Livina[/SIZE]: is classified as a compact MPV. For me its more of a people carrier.

Nowadays its quite difficult to really draw the line and define what category a vehicle really belong. its just that there are some organizations who control the classification of vehicles based from standards defined by the organization, parang ganun.

Anyway another point is, not just because maliit ang size ng vehicle d ka na pwede mag carry ng a lot of things. pero what they didn't tell you that its limited sa weight ng pwede i-karga mo. ie. honda jazz is advertised that it has a rear cargo space of 384 Liter (384 Liters of pure water is equal to 384kg) even when carrying 5 adults. Some car manufacturers equates 1 person to 75kg. The curb weight of the car is from 1,085kg-1,122kg (as stated in the manual). Lets do the math, thats 1,122kg (curb weight of the car) + 375kg (75kg x 5 people) + 384kg (full cargo load assuming we can really put 384L of water to achieve 384kg) = 1881kg. As stated in the manual Max permissible weight is 1,470kg (taiwan models kase yun lang available, for other countries ask dealer for info daw). Max permissible axle weight (taiwan model again) front = 810kg, rear = 680kg... total of 1490kg. kahit na ano, overloaded na tayo. axle, chassis n suspension affected jan.

the tire size ng 1.5 is 185/55R16 83H. 83 is the load index/capacity of the tire which is 487kg per tire with a tire pressure of 35psi, so thats times 4 tires = 1948kg. yes kaya ng tires, may allowance tayo ng 67kg (1948kg load carrying capacity of the 4 tires - 1881kg our jazz with full load) but remember your tire pressure should be 35psi. thats really a small margin, sinasagad na natin yun capacity ng tire, if we dont put the right tire pressure pwede mag karoon ng tire failure.

Pero not just because kaya ng tires it means na kaya na ng car...anyway my point is hindi kaya ng jazz, and there's a lot of factors you have to consider since may limitation din.

Anyway to end my long lecture hehehe kase medyo nang gugulo na ako, i dont think that there's a car that "got it all" hehehe not unless SM ang gumawa ng car "we've got it all" hehehe my advise is set u're priorities, decide which is more important.

*My opinion only, i might be wrong*
    wow thanks alot sir gian... matagal ko na binabasa mga post mo sa Honda Jazz thread and unfortunately 'di ako makarelate... :D

well, i really want the honda jazz kung ako lang magdedecide, honda jazz na... i started driving 2 months ago pero hindi straight kaya noob pa talaga as in student driver parin ang skills ko when it comes to driving and when it comes to cars, as in wala... natututo lang ako sa mga sinasabi ng mga agent ng car manufacturers ewan ko lng kung totoo :D

anyweiz, sir gian, kamusta naman po ang honda jazz mo? any problems?

*topic

favor please, anyone who can take a picture of your jazz with 2 balikbayan boxes at the back? please? :D

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Well kung type mo talaga yung jazz yun na bilhin mo and then pag susundo ka naman sa airport arkilahin mo na lang yung avanza ng kapitbahay nyo hehehe just kidding

Pero nga kasi kailangan mo rin iconsider yung bigat ng cargo baka nga mag suffer yung suspension pero kung minsan nga lang sa isang taon mangyayari yun why not!(jazz)

8. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Honda Jazz. Anyway pwede mo naman palagyan ng THULE na roof rack without drilling any holes.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    just want to share this... honda fit gd yata to...

http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/dir...w/.f0c0dc8/228
    #231 of 377 Is it dangerous to exceed the 850 lbs load capacity? by ten_year_man Jan 24, 2007 (4:57 pm)

I just bought my new Sport MT four days ago, and while perusing the owners manual I came across this on page 141:

Load limits
    The maximum load for your vehicle is 850 lbs (385 kg) for U.S. models and 395 kg for Canadian models. This figure includes the total weight of all occupants, cargo, and accessories.

WARNING
    Overloading or improper
    loading can affect handling and
    stability and cause a crash in
    which you can be hurt or killed.

Follow all load limits and other
    loading guidelines in this
    manual.

850 lbs isn't very much when you consider the seating can easily accommodate 4 large men. I weigh 225 lbs fully clothed. 4 guys my size weigh 900 lbs. Do I really have to limit the number and/or size of my passengers?

10. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by akosila View Post
    wow thanks alot sir gian... matagal ko na binabasa mga post mo sa Honda Jazz thread and unfortunately 'di ako makarelate... :D

well, i really want the honda jazz kung ako lang magdedecide, honda jazz na... i started driving 2 months ago pero hindi straight kaya noob pa talaga as in student driver parin ang skills ko when it comes to driving and when it comes to cars, as in wala... natututo lang ako sa mga sinasabi ng mga agent ng car manufacturers ewan ko lng kung totoo :D

anyweiz, sir gian, kamusta naman po ang honda jazz mo? any problems?

*topic

favor please, anyone who can take a picture of your jazz with 2 balikbayan boxes at the back? please? :D
    Just to add:

Load Limits
    When you load luggage, the total weight of the vehicle, all passengers, and luggage must not exceed the maximum permissible weight. The load for the front and rear axles also must not exceed the maximum permissible axle weight. ....

* As stated sa Page 230 of Jazz Owner's Manual

Remember sales agent/representative sila, nan dun sila to make a sale its nice if you're armed with info tapos punta ka sa car dealer and try mo hulihin kung alam talaga nila ang mga pinag sasabi nila...

no problems at all... hehehe so far

Balikbayan box sa rear cargo area? i dont think magkakasya yun 2 boxes sir.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Which car to buy (can fit balikbayan box)?