New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Mga tsikoteers!

I don't know if I am being harsh but I am very disgusted and severely disappointed of the casa where I acquired my Chevy Spark; it has been there for at least a month now.

My father had an accident last October and since the vehicle is insured (comprehensive), we brought it to the casa. That same week the insurance provider has approved the payment for the parts that needed to be replaced/repaired. I asked the service department WHEN will be the earliest (or latest) date that the unit could be released. They cannot tell any concrete date or even week! What's worse, casa personnels don't give feedbacks whenever they promised feedbacks! We wrote the gm of the casa and even the main office of General Motors Philippines. Until now, the only consolation we've got is that the spare parts haven't arrived yet-no replies from letters (even acknowledgement). Another consolation is that they still don't know when the parts will come and when you ask them again when will be the expected date of release? WHEN THE SPARE PART ARRIVE.

What are my concerns?
    1. Due respect for customers-We are very polite in the early stages of the transaction. However, after the disgusting events, we became very hostile because we feel very aggravated. Nagbayad ka na nga on time, pero their product is not guarranteed on time.
    2. Fulfill promises to customers-I think we became stupid that we believed the sales agent's promises of (somehow) hassle-free accidents. But now, it is apparently looming.
    3. Professionalism-attend to customers appointments as customers like us are very ashamed of breaking appointments with personnels.
    4. Be wary of after-sales problems among casas, really

Bilang isang concerned consumer lang mga pare, I hope you could pick up some from my experience. Second unit ko na yung Spark. Bumili ako nun dahil ang lakas sa gas ng Optra (na binili ko rin sa casang yun). Na-realize ko lang ang problems sa after-sales ng Chevy (I mean at least sa experience ko) nung nasira yung Spark. Now, I am planning to quit amortizing my Optra to avoid experiencing another hell of after-sales problems in the future, lalo na pag tapos na ang warranty. Kaysa mamroblema ako in the future, lunukin ko na lang yung malaking financial losses ko. Priceless kasi ang peace of mind di ba? Grabe, ni promised tawag, sulat o consolation wala ako natanggap. Sana naniwala na lang ako sa mga tsikoteers na nagpopost dito na japanese ang kunin. I have nothing against brands, I have something against people who are very irresponsible when it comes to after-sales but very attentive with prior-sales!

Be careful mga dre sa pagpili ng casa.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Buti na lang ayoko ng mga ford, chevrolet na sasakyan....

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    GM dealerships doesnt stock electrical/body parts. mostly they have on stock are consumables only. they dont even have power steering pressure hose on stock. that is why i shed away from the dealearship. its expensive and takes a long time to order. i'd rather have it somewhere done and just buy the parts outside.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Bad trip. Magtitiwala ka sa kanila, tapos iiwan ka lang sa ere.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by abort_retry View Post
    GM dealerships doesnt stock electrical/body parts. mostly they have on stock are consumables only. they dont even have power steering pressure hose on stock. that is why i shed away from the dealearship. its expensive and takes a long time to order. i'd rather have it somewhere done and just buy the parts outside.
    True, my father once said that it's useless bringing in your car back to casa when all the parts you need for every vehicle is available elsewhere and less expensive than the price in casa. Even the service cost from some reputable auto shops are cheaper than dealerships with probably better quality. And there's these MO's regarding repairs/services done inside dealerships...

Car After-sales aspect