New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by htc8p View Post
    how is the suspension? matagtag ba parang innova?

how is the handling? parang car lang ba?
    Matagtag na Innova?
    I own an Innova V VVTi at laging nakakatulog si wife sa captain seats sa likod

For me better ang ride comfort ng Innova compared to Fortuner.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    i beg to differ. matagtag talaga ang innova. yung wife ko hindi ko pinasakay sa innova (bago pa yun) kasi buntis at baka makalog yung baby.

we also had to inflate tires to lower than required to reduce tagtag.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    We had an Innova E before, stiff suspension nga. Hehe. Di gaano matalbog.

Anyway, suspension ng Tucson, sakto lang, not soft, not stiff. Ok yung handling but the X-Trail T30's handling is better.

How about Kia Sportage? I'm just waiting for our CR-V to be sold tapos kukuha kami ng Sportage.. Ok din yun fresh pa.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    FC is very important now. but im not that sure i want diesel because its very dirty. im choosing crossover just because it can take more baha. otherwise ill just stick with sedan (im a sedan guy since birth) my next priority is comfort. and of course i would like a good balance of acceleration and speed.

i dont like the CRV because its way over priced. just not worth it anymore. Subaru also is too expensive for me. I have some bad feedback about the ASX. i have also crossed out the tucson because of the wait list.

i have never explored the x-trail though. how about ford escape?
    In the Philippines mas OK talaga kumuha ng mas mataas na sasakyan, not only because of the floods but also because of the horrid road conditions. The Escape in itself is actually a fine car to have. The suspension is very good and can handle all sorts of abuses thrown at it, if it has 4x4 you can actually take it far off the beaten path as well. The engine is good, just don't set your expectations to high. But the fuel mileage, like all its gas powered rivals, vary widely as to driving habits and traffic conditions. Its just that the competition has long since overtaken it and Ford is doing nothing to modernize it for quite some time now as it hasn't had a full model change yet since its introduction way back in 2003.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    FC is very important now. but im not that sure i want diesel because its very dirty. im choosing crossover just because it can take more baha. otherwise ill just stick with sedan (im a sedan guy since birth) my next priority is comfort. and of course i would like a good balance of acceleration and speed.

i dont like the CRV because its way over priced. just not worth it anymore. Subaru also is too expensive for me. I have some bad feedback about the ASX. i have also crossed out the tucson because of the wait list.

i have never explored the x-trail though. how about ford escape?
    The X-Trail 250 is fast, comfortable, easy to drive, has a good ground clearance, quite good in rough roads, spacious, has a nice ride... but really sucks in fuel economy for city driving. The XT 200 (2.0L version) isn't as responsive or fun to drive.

The Ford Escape is in many ways similar to the X-Trail but I don't feel it's as responsive though once churns out the rpms, it can be quite fast. It is also poor in city driving fuel economy, and the ride is a tad harsher than the X-Trail.

If you want a crossover for mostly city driving, I think the ASX should meet your needs for a responsive ride while still having a respectable fuel economy. The 1.6 Soul should also be a contender, and though it's engine is just a 1.6, it puts out 124 ps/6300 rpm which makes it quite zippy for its class. However, it has a much lower ground clearance and is smaller than the other CUVs; space-wise, it isn't so good. At 899K, I think it's a steal, though.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    i went to look at some dealers.

x trail is nice and big but too expensive and too highend/overkill for me. i dont need cruise control or a 2.5liter engine (so wala na yan)

i also crossed out tucson because my brother already has already bought one. para ma iba naman.

i went to see ASX. looks ok. what do i need to know about this car? we had a mistubishi mx before and i can tell you that the quality of materials really sucked. that is why i am scared of touching mitsubishi. i hope you can clear this up for me.

thanks

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i went to see ASX. looks ok. what do i need to know about this car? we had a mistubishi mx before and i can tell you that the quality of materials really sucked. that is why i am scared of touching mitsubishi. i hope you can clear this up for me.

thanks

Mitsubish ASX thread: http://tsikot.com/forums/mitsubishi-...ossover-73363/

I personally own an ASX and I am pretty happy with the build quality. Of course my unit is only a few months old so I can't say about long term ownership issues with this vehicle yet.

The only area I am relatively disappointed is with the car's headunit, it could have been a better unit. But that issue can be fixed by replacing it with a preferred brand HU so it's not really a big deal.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Mitsubish ASX thread: http://tsikot.com/forums/mitsubishi-...ossover-73363/

I personally own an ASX and I am pretty happy with the build quality. Of course my unit is only a few months old so I can't say about long term ownership issues with this vehicle yet.

The only area I am relatively disappointed is with the car's headunit, it could have been a better unit. But that issue can be fixed by replacing it with a preferred brand HU so it's not really a big deal.
    Head unit? ano yun?

how is the handling? agile ba parang sedan?

how is the suspension? (innova ang benchmark ko eh matagtag talaga yun)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
cant wait already looking for a new car