New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Good day mga sir! Hihingi lang din sana ako ng advice

I'm looking to buy a 2nd hand Altis G AT. Preferred ko yung 11th gen (2014) priced around 600K+. While searching olx, nakikita ko yung 10th gen(2012) which I know has the same engine as the 11th gen but with older transmission, priced only at 400k+. My question is, Is it worth the additional 200k to go for the 11th gen. I'm looking to keep the car for atleast 10 years. Right now I'm keeping my options between the Altis because of Toyota's reliability, fuel economy and cheaper parts to maintain in the long run. Thanks in advance.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Since may P600k ka naman, my vote is for the Toyota Altis 2.0V 2013 in pearl white.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by kc15 View Post

I'm looking to buy a 2nd hand Altis G AT. Preferred ko yung 11th gen (2014) priced around 600K+. While searching olx, nakikita ko yung 10th gen(2012) which I know has the same engine as the 11th gen but with older transmission, priced only at 400k+. My question is, Is it worth the additional 200k to go for the 11th gen. I'm looking to keep the car for atleast 10 years. Right now I'm keeping my options between the Altis because of Toyota's reliability, fuel economy and cheaper parts to maintain in the long run. Thanks in advance.
    200k difference is a lot of money, the age difference is just 2 yrs so how aabout looking at mileage?

I own a 10th gen, i like it than the 11th, tough the 11th gen is more spacious, the 10th gen comfort, handling, and sound proofing in my opinion is better.

200k is a lot of money that will help you take care of the 10th gen for 10 years

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006

For practicality's sake, the 10th gen is better simply because it's cheaper. If you just need a reliable point A to point B car, then you save yourself a lot of money by going for the older car.

That said, the 11th gen is a significantly better car than the 10th gen if you ask me. First, the 11th gen is much more spacious. Second, it drives much better. Brakes bite better, steering has more feedback, body roll is more controlled. Looks are subjective but I also think the 11th gen looks better if you put nice rims on it - the stock 16" rims look too small, same with the stock 15" on the 10th gen 1.6G - looks too small too.

Honestly, if you're going for a 10th gen Altis, just go for an FD Civic instead. Just as reliable, just as common, much better car.

Quote Originally Posted by SidCoronel View Post
    I own a 10th gen, i like it than the 11th, tough the 11th gen is more spacious, the 10th gen comfort, handling, and sound proofing in my opinion is better.
    I've owned both. Comfort is the same but the 11th gen handles much better - I've taken both to mountain roads and I can corner at higher speeds with the 11th gen. Sound proofing (NVH) is also better with the 11th gen.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by SidCoronel View Post
    200k difference is a lot of money, the age difference is just 2 yrs so how aabout looking at mileage?

200k is a lot of money that will help you take care of the 10th gen for 10 years
    Sir Sid, eto yung choices 2012 Altis G with 40-50k mileage and 2014 Altis G with 20-30k mileage.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Sir Jut, anung year model ng FD are you referring?

Sent from my HUAWEI CUN-U29 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Sir Jut, anung year model ng FD are you referring?

2009-2011. The post-facelift version of the FD. It already has paddle shifters, updated exterior, and USB connectivity.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    2009-2011. The post-facelift version of the FD. It already has paddle shifters, updated exterior, and USB connectivity.

Sir Jut, could you rank the following compacts. Altis 10th and 11th, Civic FD and FB. Thanks.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Sir Jut, could you rank the following compacts. Altis 10th and 11th, Civic FD and FB. Thanks.

Pricing considered:

1. FD
    2. 11th gen
    3. FB
    4. 10th gen

If price is not an issue - a newer car is always better in the secondhand market, less wear and tear assuming all were equally well taken care of:

1. 11th gen
    2. FB
    3. FD
    4. 10th gen

Buying a Toyota Altis: 10th Gen or 11th Gen?