New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by trann123 View Post
    Pa advice din po sana ako. My budget is around 300-350k. It's gonna be my first car and I live in Baguio so it's gonna be a daily driver in the mountains. I was thinking of a Civic FD, Altis, or City within my buget. If you have any other recommendation, I'd highly appreciate it!
    i recommend a diesel.
    torque and all that, for climbing hills.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    That didn't occur to me. But I'd look into the everest. Thanks for this! Btw, I'm a first time driver, if I get a big car, hindi kaya mahirap pagaralan yun? Cause I was thinking of getting this first car then using it for a year or two para lang masanay mag drive tapos gonna sell it and buy a good up-to-date car. What d'you think?
    why go thru the trouble of getting a practice car?
    just go buy that newer car.

but in truth, many years ago, i thought like you.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Pa advice din po sana ako. My budget is around 300-350k. It's gonna be my first car and I live in Baguio so it's gonna be a daily driver in the mountains. I was thinking of a Civic FD, Altis, or City within my buget. If you have any other recommendation, I'd highly appreciate it!
    It's a choice between the Civic or Altis. Both cars are comfortable and capable enough. The Civic will be better to drive.

The City will be more fuel efficient and good enough to deal with the roads in Baguio. Be sure to get the 1.5L engine.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    why go thru the trouble of getting a practice car?
    just go buy that newer car.

but in truth, many years ago, i thought like you.
    I'm actually thinking of buying something in the 2015 gen cars na financing para pasok pa din sa budget. What dyou think?

Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Not really. Since you're a newbie driver, you'll have to get used to the car whether its big or small. Might as well get used to a big car, so smaller cars will not be a problem in the future.

The secret to parking a big SUV is a very cheap accessory. A backup mirror. A backup camera is nice if you have a touchscreen headunit. Otherwise I find dimunitive rearview mirror mounted screens hard to use.

The Everest is very old school with little electronics and unsophisticated suspension. Very good beginner's car if you ask me. Also since obviously handling and engine performance limits aren't very high, you can safely explore the upper limits of the car.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    Thanks! I'll look into it. Besides the Everest, what other SUVs do you recommend? Thinking of financing it nalang pero yung lower gen pa din under dealers para pasok pa din sa budget.

Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    It's a choice between the Civic or Altis. Both cars are comfortable and capable enough. The Civic will be better to drive.

The City will be more fuel efficient and good enough to deal with the roads in Baguio. Be sure to get the 1.5L engine.
    So City or a Civic?

Btw, the car is not just a daily driver in Baguio, it's more of an out of town car as well. Going to Manila and nearby provinces since gala din ako. That's why I decided to get a car nalang instead of riding uncomfortable and inconvenient busses all the time.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I'm actually thinking of buying something in the 2015 gen cars na financing para pasok pa din sa budget. What dyou think?

Thanks! I'll look into it. Besides the Everest, what other SUVs do you recommend? Thinking of financing it nalang pero yung lower gen pa din under dealers para pasok pa din sa budget.

So City or a Civic?

Btw, the car is not just a daily driver in Baguio, it's more of an out of town car as well. Going to Manila and nearby provinces since gala din ako. That's why I decided to get a car nalang instead of riding uncomfortable and inconvenient busses all the time.
    Civic over the City, if you ask me. It drives better and it has more interior space. The FC difference is acceptable.

If FC is such a key concern, then go for the City.

I would advice against a big vehicle like the Everest if the vehicle is to be daily driven. A compact car like the Civic would be better to drive over any PPV or pickup or MPV. If you want something big and comfortable enough and drives almost like a compact car, then opt for a CUV (CRV, Forester, Xtrail, etc.).

6. Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Civic over the City, if you ask me. It drives better and it has more interior space. The FC difference is acceptable.

If FC is such a key concern, then go for the City.

I would advice against a big vehicle like the Everest if the vehicle is to be daily driven. A compact car like the Civic would be better to drive over any PPV or pickup or MPV. If you want something big and comfortable enough and drives almost like a compact car, then opt for a CUV (CRV, Forester, Xtrail, etc.).
    Ooooh, I'm also interested in a CRV. But doesn't it hoard gas? What gen of CRV should I be looking at within my budget? I'm planning fo finance it so my budget of 300k is the downpayment + the first year. But I'm not planning to finance it for over 2 years.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Ooooh, I'm also interested in a CRV. But doesn't it hoard gas? What gen of CRV should I be looking at within my budget? I'm planning fo finance it so my budget of 300k is the downpayment + the first year. But I'm not planning to finance it for over 2 years.
    Why not just buy the new one and amortise it over 5 years? That 300k is good enough as DP for a brand new CUV. Honda, Subaru, and Mazda is offering some very good deals on their product line this month.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Why not just buy the new one and amortise it over 5 years? That 300k is good enough as DP for a brand new CUV. Honda, Subaru, and Mazda is offering some very good deals on their product line this month.
    Cause I cant finance it for more than 2 yrs in a financial standpoint cause planning to buy a house. Also, I cant allot more than 15k per month on a car.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008

:
    with your budget, an older altis, civic or city, siguro.
    plentiful, reliable, good build quality, and plentiful of parts and knowledgeable mechanics.
    always have some money squared away after the purchase, for the expected after-purchase surprise repairs.

if you get really lucky, a wigo!
    Last edited by dr. d; December 6th, 2018 at 12:54 PM.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    with your budget, an older altis, civic or city, siguro.
    plentiful, reliable, good build quality, and plentiful of parts and knowledgeable mechanics.
    always have some money squared away after the purchase, for the expected after-purchase surprise repairs.

if you get really lucky, a wigo!
    What dyou mean by "get really lucky"? Hahaha

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast