New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    I'm thinking of buying a 2nd hand car (my first ride), in the 350-400K price range.
    Main consideration is fuel consumption, not high maintenance, and should be automatic.
    Currently, I'm looking at the 2005 Civic, '08 Mitsubishi Lancer, and the '07 Civic.
    What's the best buy of the 3? Are there better options within that price range?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    08 lancer na cvt ayos yan although luma na design pero mas modelo mas maganda... plus cvt pa yan

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    2006-2007 Toyota Vios 1.5G.

Good FC? Check. This car can do 10 km/L in moderate to heavy city driving. None of your other choices can match that.

Low maintenance? Check. Availability of parts is superb, too.

Automatic? Check.
    Last edited by jut703; July 5th, 2012 at 02:14 PM.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    1st on my list was a '07 honda city, just right on the lower end of my budget. plus there seems to be a lot of people selling their '04-'07 city, so finding one won't be much of a hassle. then i heard about the problem with it's cvt transmission, hence, i crossed it off my lift.
    Is there a big difference in the fuel consumption of the 1.6G vios and the 1.8s civic? how many L/km are we talking 'bout? If the cost of the car is just 'bout the same, I think I'll go with the civic just for the looks alone. Magbabago lang isip ko if malaki talaga difference sa FC.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by de8584 View Post
    1st on my list was a '07 honda city, just right on the lower end of my budget. plus there seems to be a lot of people selling their '04-'07 city, so finding one won't be much of a hassle. then i heard about the problem with it's cvt transmission, hence, i crossed it off my lift.
    Is there a big difference in the fuel consumption of the 1.6G vios and the 1.8s civic? how many L/km are we talking 'bout? If the cost of the car is just 'bout the same, I think I'll go with the civic just for the looks alone. Magbabago lang isip ko if malaki talaga difference sa FC.

with my 2010 Vios 1.5G AT, on my way home from caloocan to qc. normal after office hours traffic. If a Civic 1.8S AT can do that too, I'd buy one.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    on your choices, if you really want good-great FC, go for a vios no doubt. Looks and power? go for the Civic. Not sure if you could get an FD already on the said budget.

Medyo mahirap din makakuha ng matino pang CVT city and jazz kasi ito talaga ang problem.. You can also consider an Altis.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    If I were you I'll get a Vios. Sure, it may not have the "porma" of a Civic, but at the of the day it still gets the job done. Since you're getting a pre-owned car, I believe a relatively sizable chunk of your budget should be set aside for potential repairs. Note that cars within your budget are pre-Ondoy, so expect the worst. My 2 cents. 👍

buying new car 350~400K range