New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 404647484950
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by jmendza View Post
    Mga sirs! Nagpaplano din ako bumili na ng first car ko. May 2 choices ako ngayon, 2002 Camry with a 2.0 Engine or a 2002 Altis 1.6 G. Halos pareho lang ng presyo sa mga nakausap ko. Pahingi naman ng tips kung anong mas magandang piliin. Thanks!
    Mga nasa magkano yun sir? Naghahanap din kasi ako.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Mga sirs! Nagpaplano din ako bumili na ng first car ko. May 2 choices ako ngayon, 2002 Camry with a 2.0 Engine or a 2002 Altis 1.6 G. Halos pareho lang ng presyo sa mga nakausap ko. Pahingi naman ng tips kung anong mas magandang piliin. Thanks!
    car condition being about equal, i'll take the altis.
    1. nicer fuel bill.
    2. easier and cheaper parts availability, in case of the need for repairs.
    3. if your neighborhood or garage is tight, the altis is a smaller car.

but try it for size. the altis is sometimes appropriately termed "a small camry". anyone big enough to try out the driver's seat, will agree. medyo masikip siya for big-ish drivers.

matibay ang altis.
    my 2003 is in great condition, with only regular pms thru the years.
    Last edited by dr. d; June 18th, 2020 at 12:40 PM.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Kung first car sa Altis ako. Mas madali ipaayos kasi mas may parts... lalo collision parts.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by mc.jayronn View Post
    Mga nasa magkano yun sir? Naghahanap din kasi ako.

Mga nasa 180k - 220k sir. If you know the right people, makakuha ka ng mas mababa.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    car condition being about equal, i'll take the altis.
    1. nicer fuel bill.
    2. easier and cheaper parts availability, in case of the need for repairs.
    3. if your neighborhood or garage is tight, the altis is a smaller car.

but try it for size. the altis is sometimes appropriately termed "a small camry". anyone big enough to try out the driver's seat, will agree. medyo masikip siya for big-ish drivers.

matibay ang altis.
    my 2003 is in great condition, with only regular pms thru the years.
    Thanks sa input sir. Yun nga concern ko sa Camry yung fuel efficiency niya. Malaking tao kasi ako kaya naiisip kong kunin yung mas malaki. Haha

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Thanks sa input sir. Yun nga concern ko sa Camry yung fuel efficiency niya. Malaking tao kasi ako kaya naiisip kong kunin yung mas malaki. Haha
    if you are a biggie... that kinda changes things for the altis...
    strive for the more expensive innova. even the gas model will probably have a bit better fuel bill than the older camry.
    and as the innova is much more popular on the road than that camry, maintenance and parts shouldn't be a pain.
    wala pa akong nakikilalang nag-sisi dahil nag-innova siya.
    i'm a biggie, myself. i have altis and i have innova. i use innova more. it's more comfortable.
    Last edited by dr. d; June 18th, 2020 at 01:06 PM.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    You may want to consider also the Civic ES (2001-2005) or the Accord 6th gen (1998-2002). I think there are more 6th gen Accords on the road compared to the 2001-2006 Camry.

If you’re looking for a Camry, I suggest the 2007-2013 model as it is more popular. There are still a lot of them on the road.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Would definitely go for a 2004 Camry 2.4V over a similarly aged Altis. Will avoid the pre-facelift Camry that only had a 2.0 engine.

Super layo ng space and refinement of the Camry vs the Altis. Of course, gas consumption is much higher (5 km/L vs 8 km/L) but honestly I don't really mind.

Was contemplating on getting a Camry before but went with a 2004 Mazda 3 2.0R because it drove better.

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 404647484950