New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Hi. Need an advice. In your opinion alin mas okay. Considering maintenance, reliability, and fc. Ford focus 2008, crv 1st gen, Honda city 2004, or Honda civic dimension? TIA

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tsikot Forums mobile app

2. Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by DocDan View Post
    Hi everyone! I'm planning to buy my first car probably within the next three months or so. I did a little research and shortlisted the cars which caught my attention.

1. Chevrolet Cruze (comfortable ride)
    2. Ford Focus (great design, handling, and mileage)
    3. Ford Ecosport (inexpensive and stylish)
    4. Honda Civic (excellent handling!)
    5. Honda Jazz (fuel efficient!)
    6. Peugeot 2008 (probably my favorite - stylish, extremely fuel efficient! However, the possible inavailability of car parts make me step back a little)
    7. Subaru Impreza (impressive performance and technology)
    8. Toyota Corolla (another favorite - great value for money. I'm not so sure about fuel efficiency though. I think it's quite a drinker?); Finally,
    9. Volkswagen Jetta (great design, nice handling, and also extremely fuel efficient. Same thoughts with Peugeot - not sure with repair services.

Quite a long list, right? If I narrow it further, then my top picks would be:
    1. Ford Focus
    2. Peugot 2008
    3. Toyota Corolla
    4. Volkswagen Jetta

Will be using the car for daily commute and occasional out of town roadtrips. Any thoughts which car would be perfect? I prefer fuel efficiency, safety, and a sturdy build more than style and performance (I guess I'm more of a practical guy than a car enthusiast... hehe...). I hope you guys can help me out. Thanks!
    Have you already bought one?? We should buy one before the tax hike or we'll be sorry im also having a hard time deciding.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2018
    SORRY FOR HI JACKING YOUR POST. PA HELP DIN PO SANA 200k DIN BUDGET PO NAMIN, MATABA PO ASAWA KO AT MATANGKAD 5'11 we have 3 kids , pang gamit lang namin pamasyal every weekend if possible pang out of town din pa minsan minsan, ung kasya po sana sa driver seat yung asawa ko at matipid sa gas and maintanance na din salamat po sana may makatulong

4. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    ^
    https://**************/suzuki-multi-...van-aid4095953

check this out. it is priced at 210k, but i think it's still negotiable.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by iluvaj21 View Post
    SORRY FOR HI JACKING YOUR POST. PA HELP DIN PO SANA 200k DIN BUDGET PO NAMIN, MATABA PO ASAWA KO AT MATANGKAD 5'11 we have 3 kids , pang gamit lang namin pamasyal every weekend if possible pang out of town din pa minsan minsan, ung kasya po sana sa driver seat yung asawa ko at matipid sa gas and maintanance na din salamat po sana may makatulong
    Medyo mahirap naman yung matipid sa gas at malaki laki na rin hehe. Payat ako pero 5"10 so I can somewhat relate to your dilemma.

If you want a car that can comfortably fit plus-sized people and perform well on the highway, the best choices are American or European cars, or at the very least cars that are available in the American and European markets. At 200k you can get a fairly new Ford Escape. More than enough space for five full sized Americans and their cargo. Routine maintenance is as cheap as any other 4 cylinder gasoline engine of similar size. Parts can be a bit expensive though not particularly hard to find. Fuel consumption is on the heavy side in city driving but decent in the highway if you drive on a reasonable pace.

Asian market only people movers like the Revo or Adventure diesel also come to mind. I've driven a Revo diesel for five years and logged about 50tkms on it. FC is good and running costs are cheap though it is noisy as all hell and slow as molasses. Cockpit was definitely engineered for Asians. I don't find my hair brushing the headliner though legroom is another story. Even with the driver seat pushed all the way back, my knees would still brush against the steering column. 2nd row legroom doesn't get any better either, though the 3rd row is positively cavernous.

Another choice would be the 1st gen Starex. The "Millenium" version would probably fit your budget by now. Space and comfort are high priorities in this van, and a well maintained unit still won't look old. Power from the rebadged 4D56 is not much but decent enough for its time, good enough even to power the current base variant Grand Starex TCI two generations later, though it now features EFI but still with similar power output. Which now brings us to its age. As with the Adventure and Revo that fits your budget, these would be late 90s to early 2000s models and would be quite old and most likely sport very high mileages, so choose wisely.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    well, there's always the crown, cefiro and camry.
    spacious, but gas guzzlers.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by iluvaj21 View Post
    I chked your profile, cant see if youre male or female, i assume he's your husband?, asking coz men and women store fat in different areas, women mostly sa legs and arms, men in the belly, headoom is not an problem coz 6ft is not that tall nowadays, its always the shoulder room thats the issue..how heavy? If he's around 300lbs, ill stay away from SUVs and AUVs or anything with a high ingress and egress, mid sized sedan like the camry fits the bill if he's that heavy

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12