1. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Avoid anything Chinese.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by 12vdc View Post
    Avoid anything Chinese.
    i agree.
    newbies to car ownership would probably do better to get a popular japanese car, so's it be easier and cheaper to maintain.

i do not know about the chinese car's ease of maintenance and parts sourcing nowadays,
    but i remember the yesteryears when some writers jokingly suggested, it is easier to buy a new chinese car (or e-bike!) than to source parts to repair their chinese car.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i agree.
    newbies to car ownership would probably do better to get a popular japanese car, so's it be easier and cheaper to maintain.

i do not know about the chinese car's ease of maintenance and parts sourcing nowadays,
    but i remember the yesteryears when some writers jokingly suggested, it is easier to buy a new chinese car (or e-bike!) than to source parts to repair their chinese car.
    Agree. I'd only even remotely consider having a Chinese car if it is not going to be an only car.

I think maintenance was actually simpler when the Chinese mostly just copied. If it was a diesel it was most likely an Isuzu 4JB1. If it was a gas, then it was most likely a Mitsubishi 4G15 or 4G69. If it was a Hiace clone, you could actually replace body parts with Toyota parts!

Sent from my SM-G965N using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post

I think maintenance was actually simpler when the Chinese mostly just copied. If it was a diesel it was most likely an Isuzu 4JB1. If it was a gas, then it was most likely a Mitsubishi 4G15 or 4G69. If it was a Hiace clone, you could actually replace body parts with Toyota parts!

it appears to be the natural trend.
    i remember, when our besta needed parts, i would ask for the japanese equivalent (mazda!), which would be, in my opinion, superior to the korean. you won't believe the lambot of the clutch, and the sweetness of the bite, after that!

but this type of car maintrenance may not be for the newcomer. baka lang sila malito.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    if the chinese car casa can gain a reputation of reasonably-priced, quick-repair-parts-always-on-stock service, i see no reason why they will not sell well.

some colleagues used to malign the hyundai mis-service experience... but they had since been silent.
    nag-subaru na kasi.
    heh heh.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    i remember, when our besta needed parts, i would ask for the japanese equivalent (mazda!), which would be, in my opinion, superior to the korean. you won't believe the lambot of the clutch, and the sweetness of the bite, after that!

but this type of car maintrenance may not be for the newcomer. baka lang sila malito.
    Yep. I remember when the Koreans were the imitators. Not as shamelessly blatant as the Chinese though. [emoji23] I have a friend who still drives a 1st gen Starex. He always uses Mitsubishi spare parts. Apparently quality is much better even to this day.

Unfortunately for the Chinese, they are currently at that stage wherein they have outgrown outright imitation and have started designing their own stuff, but are still lagging behind in quality and parts supply. I'd give them, say, 10 years then I'll take the brands currently available and still surviving by then seriously.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    After this Covid19 and encrochment to Ph territories, i pledged to avoid or minimise anything Chinese.

Buying them is like giving money to CCP giving more power in influencing this corruptible Government.

Goodbye Chink dealers, mapa Ayala Maxus pa yan o TCCI's Morris Garages. I say no! never.

Kung newbie car owner, i'd suggest Japanese para wala masyado sakit ulo.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by bxr monkey View Post
    Ah Vios na ito or Innova. Madami din parts options from original to replacement. Lalo kung sa probinsiya.
    Realistically speaking, spare parts like engine, suspension, electrical parts are plentiful.

Yung Gen1 medyo humihirap na ang body parts. Pero may nakukuha pa din naman.

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Ts, gawa ka ng checklist that you need in a car... who gets more check from the checklist should be your choice... goodluck!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Jan 2008

We also have that kia besta.. we chose that over the more popular L300 simply because it offers more features.. bigger engine, power windows locks and better interior.. this is our first factory made vehicle.. hehe

Parts are easy to find.. and when replaced with japan parts like 555 and kyb.. it becomes reliable just like the japanese brand

Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast