New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by jedidrs View Post
    hi, i can finally avail my company’s car plan with a 900k budget. i’m choosing between honda city 2021 RS (magdadagdag nalang) or a 2nd hand 2019 civic. any thoughts?

open for suggestions on other models too. i’m currently using a 2009 altis AT

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Moving from a nonCVT to a CVT?[emoji848] How long do you plan to keep the new 1, sir?

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jedidrs View Post
    hi, i can finally avail my company’s car plan with a 900k budget. i’m choosing between honda city 2021 RS (magdadagdag nalang) or a 2nd hand 2019 civic. any thoughts?

open for suggestions on other models too. i’m currently using a 2009 altis AT

If you just need a reliable daily driver, just get the midtrim City models. For me, the City RS is not worth it. You might as well just get a Civic if you have money to spend for a City RS.

I do know you have reservations against Chinese-made stuff but almost everything is now made in China. Check out the Coolray and you will be surprised at how far the Chinese have gone. It’s a company car plan anyway so get the most car out of your coverage.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2019
    City para sa akin. Subok na maayos yung kotse na yun. Iba ang feeling ng bago kotse.

Sa mga Chinese made na kotse, di pa din ako komportable. Maganda features pero mas importante reliability para sa akin.

Madami may mga suggestions pero wala naman first hand experience sa sina suggest kahit na drive pa yan for a short period of time. Minsan kasi parang ang dami na nasasabi sa isang kotse pero na drive lang naman ng ilamg kilometro at ilang oras, tapis bago pa. Hintay ka mga ilang taon bago mo masabi na okay talaga .

Mas maganda kung mag recommend ka ay yung talagang meron ka para reliable ang sinasabi.

By the way, kaya ko nasabi ng City, kasi yan binili namin para sa anak ko last year, yan yung regalo nya sa birthday nya. Nung una ayaw nya ng sedan pero dun din bumagsak. Masaya naman sya [emoji16]

4. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Is everyone ignoring the new Hyundai Venue? Looks to be a better proposition than the City.

It's a crossover type vehicle that everyone seems to be crazy about recently. Has 170mm ground clearance. Pretty decent.
    It has a simple engine and transmission... a traditional and a no-nonsense port injected engine, and a 6 speed torque converter transmission.
    Unlike the City and any sedan for that matter, it actually has the potential to carry more stuff.

But in case the buyer is a Japanese car die hard, I'd still suggest a Jazz even over the new City.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by hardwang View Post

But in case the buyer is a Japanese car die hard, I'd still suggest a Jazz even over the new City.
    why jazz over city?

6. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    why jazz over city?
    The jazz is faster, easier to park and maneuver, more versatile with regards to carrying items, seems to have a slightly higher resale value as observed in online markets.

Then there’s the argument that the City has more interior space... well unless one’s family is a bunch of 200 pound 6 footers, you probably wouldn’t notice any difference in interior space. Yes its an exaggeration but hopefully someone gets the point.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    The jazz is faster, easier to park and maneuver, more versatile with regards to carrying items, seems to have a slightly higher resale value as observed in online markets.

Then there’s the argument that the City has more interior space... well unless one’s family is a bunch of 200 pound 6 footers, you probably wouldn’t notice any difference in interior space. Yes its an exaggeration but hopefully someone gets the point.
    i guess what you're saying is,
    biggies prefer the city.

but i wonder,
    anong mas matagtag, jazz or city?

8. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i guess what you're saying is,
    biggies prefer the city.

but i wonder,
    anong mas matagtag, jazz or city?
    Yeah, biggies haha. But even then the city is still a small car. My 6 foot friend didn't fit in the front passenger seat but that is with our old "transformer" city.
    Naaalala ko kasi yung may argument dati, the question is which has better interior space daw tapos compact cars ang pinaguusapan. Civic daw ang pinakamaluwag. I kept thinking, gaano ba kalalaki tong mga tao na ito? The average Filipino's height is around 5'3. Baka basketball players pamilya nito.

Anyway, let's say the new City has improved ride quality, which I assume it has since its newer, I would still choose cargo versatility over slightly better a** comfort any day when it comes to the subcompact category.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Is everyone ignoring the new Hyundai Venue? Looks to be a better proposition than the City.

It's a crossover type vehicle that everyone seems to be crazy about recently. Has 170mm ground clearance. Pretty decent.
    It has a simple engine and transmission... a traditional and a no-nonsense port injected engine, and a 6 speed torque converter transmission.
    Unlike the City and any sedan for that matter, it actually has the potential to carry more stuff.

I totally missed this. This will be a solid 2nd choice for 900k. Bullet proof too.

The geelys reviews so far in malaysia is pretty dang good. And the discounts enticing.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Chanced upon a new City RS at ATC yesterday. Nothing spectacular about it. For its price, it fails on the looks. A Civic is much worth it. If buying a City, just get the model S model - solid option for less than 900k.